List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: They weren't Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara to me...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

They weren't Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara to me...

Started by twocentsworth at 2008/09/02 05:09PM
    Latest post: 2008/09/04 11:16AM, Views: 854, Replies: 15
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2008/09/02 07:12PM
    Re: They weren't Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara to me...
    pinetree

Quote jules1971: You're right, I didn't see it either...I think that Edith and Archy Bunker perhaps (with all of Nikki's whining...she sounded like Edith). Oh Archey! I am waited for Nikki and Victor to break out into song..."those were the days...."

LOL

#12   2008/09/02 08:25PM
    BPS123

It was closer to Duel in the Sun or in this case on the Beach.

#13   2008/09/04 09:59AM
    greeneyes53

Quote twocentsworth: A few weeks back, a spoiler was put out to the effect that the beach scenes between Victor and Nikki will almost out-do Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara of "Gone With the Wind" and that it was a "must see" due to the drama between them...

Far from it...the Nikki/Victor beach/cave scenes were the epitome of a farce of the love-story each thought they had at one time with each other (and more recently, like now, that Nikki feels she still has)...

Nikki is an enabler and Victor is an mental abuser and that is very sad indeed...Victor is right...they don't belong together and should never reunite...he told her to "go to H....." and it wasn't Heaven...yet she traipses after him, like a person so below the person she could be...Nikki get help and get a grip, you're worth more than that...

Oh please...........Nikki lost all self respect long ago. Look at how she kept making excuses for Chow. She is obviously a sad excuse for a woman when she feels she needs anything to be with as long as it's male.

#14   2008/09/04 10:44AM
    cherchezlefemme

I would have liked it better if Victor had found Nikki cold and slobbering drunk on the beach babbling his name rather than what actually happend.

#15   2008/09/04 11:16AM
    notavulture

I disagree. I thought it was very Rhett and Scarlett. Remember those two did NOT have a beautiful, romantic relationship. Theirs was very unhealthy and fraught with misery, stubbornness and misplaced pride. And their last scene together was Scarlett sobbing and begging Rhett for another chance... and him walking away from her, saying he no longer cares about her.

So yeah... I'd say the spoiler was pretty accurate.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list