List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nadia's Theme

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Nadia's Theme

Started by Missmugs at 2008/08/27 01:52PM
    Latest post: 2009/01/02 06:33AM, Views: 3511, Replies: 27
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2008/08/27 02:30PM
    Re: Nadia's Theme
    HOT PINK

Quote MrShadowsgirl:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Missmugs:
    Quote HOT PINK: Actually, YR's theme has been the original theme for the show since its debut. It became Nadia's Theme during the 1976 Olympics.

I didn't like Auntie Tyra too much, but I liked Ana and the way she and Devon bonded.

I am well aware of the songs background, I also have very vivid memories of Nadia at the '76 Olympics and receiving the very first perfect 10 ever awarded in Olympic history. The theme has become more famous and well known as Nadia's theme since then..

I also never said I didn't like the song or the way it was performed on the show today.I personally feel all the threads bashing this musical phenom are totally uncalled for. How would the people who start those threads feel if it was THEIR own child getting bashed like that?

Please don't take offense at my response to your first post. I was just stating a fact and certainly didn't mean to cause any friction.

Hot Pink...please dont apoligize for how you feel...geesh it seems like everyones a lil too sensitive lately...you were only stating your opinion...thats what the message board is for. you didnt say anything wrong.

Thanks, MrShadowsgirl - I appreciate your kind words!

#12   2008/08/27 02:31PM
    MrShadowsgirl

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote MrShadowsgirl:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Missmugs:
    Quote HOT PINK: Actually, YR's theme has been the original theme for the show since its debut. It became Nadia's Theme during the 1976 Olympics.

I didn't like Auntie Tyra too much, but I liked Ana and the way she and Devon bonded.

I am well aware of the songs background, I also have very vivid memories of Nadia at the '76 Olympics and receiving the very first perfect 10 ever awarded in Olympic history. The theme has become more famous and well known as Nadia's theme since then..

I also never said I didn't like the song or the way it was performed on the show today.I personally feel all the threads bashing this musical phenom are totally uncalled for. How would the people who start those threads feel if it was THEIR own child getting bashed like that?

Please don't take offense at my response to your first post. I was just stating a fact and certainly didn't mean to cause any friction.

Hot Pink...please dont apoligize for how you feel...geesh it seems like everyones a lil too sensitive lately...you were only stating your opinion...thats what the message board is for. you didnt say anything wrong.

Thanks, MrShadowsgirl - I appreciate your kind words!

your welcome hon

#13   2008/08/27 02:31PM
    trater

I thought the little girl sang the song beautifully! I haven't heard it in a long time. I also LOVED how she cried when she was leaving. VERY believable! Almost made me cry!

#14   2008/08/27 02:35PM
    ILuvNY

Someone please clear something up for me. I heard her sing "Bless the Beasts and the Children" (beautifully!!!) , but didn't hear her sing "Nadia's Theme". When did she do that?

#15   2008/08/27 02:35PM
    Patience4u

Quote trater: I thought the little girl sang the song beautifully! I haven't heard it in a long time. I also LOVED how she cried when she was leaving. VERY believable! Almost made me cry!

Well you did better then me! I did cry!

#16   2008/08/27 02:36PM
    HOT PINK

it was a very touching scene and the song was truly beautiful. Jamia Simone Nash did a fabulous job!

#17   2008/08/27 02:37PM
    Patience4u

Quote ILuvNY: Someone please clear something up for me. I heard her sing "Bless the Beasts and the Children" (beautifully!!!) , but didn't hear her sing "Nadia's Theme". When did she do that?

They are the same! I just name it bless the beast and the children/ Not sure why its actually named Nadia's Theme.

#18   2008/08/27 02:42PM
    ILuvNY

Quote Patience4u:
    Quote ILuvNY: Someone please clear something up for me. I heard her sing "Bless the Beasts and the Children" (beautifully!!!) , but didn't hear her sing "Nadia's Theme". When did she do that?

They are the same! I just name it bless the beast and the children/ Not sure why its actually named Nadia's Theme.

They are 2 different songs. The Y & R theme actually has words:

Lyrics to The Young And The Restless [Nadias Theme] :
    Gone, dreams of the past
    Gone, with a love that moved too fast
    Gone, bright shiny days
    Gone, in a young and restless haze
    Why did we love, then run away
    So little time, so much left to say
    And now, it’s gone

Young and restless friend
    You’ll never pass this way again
    So drink the summer wine
    Reach for the stars
    While you have time
    Your restless heart
    It will lead the way
    So dream your dreams and live for each day
    While you are young, while you are young
    While you are young
    [ The Young And The Restless [Nadias Theme] Lyrics on www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

"Bless the Beasts and the Children" has a different melody, and was sung by Karen Carpenter.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/08/27 02:51PM
    #19   2008/08/27 02:51PM
    HOT PINK

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote Patience4u:

Nadia's Theme aka Y & R ThemeLyrics to The Young And The Restless [Nadias Theme] : Gone, dreams of the past
    Gone, bright shiny days
    And now, it’s gone

So drink the summer wine
    Reach for the stars
    While you have time
    Your restless heart
    It will lead the way
    While you are young

"Bless the Beasts and the Children" has a different melody, and was sung by Karen Carpenter.

Thanks so much for giving us the words to YR's theme. I had forgotten how beautiful they are.

#20   2008/08/27 02:53PM
    ILuvNY

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote Patience4u:

Nadia's Theme aka Y & R ThemeLyrics to The Young And The Restless [Nadias Theme] : Gone, dreams of the past
    Gone, bright shiny days
    And now, it’s gone

So drink the summer wine
    Reach for the stars
    While you have time
    Your restless heart
    It will lead the way
    While you are young

Thanks so much for giving us the words to YR's theme. I had forgotten how beautiful they are.

You're very welcome! It is a beautiful song, as is the one Ana sang~she really has talent!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list