List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Jack and Nick....the difference's

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jack and Nick....the difference's

Started by gommie at 2008/05/12 11:38AM
    Latest post: 2008/05/12 02:26PM, Views: 1029, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2008/05/12 01:37PM
    Re: Jack and Nick....the difference's
    calliope

Quote Plot-Twister: Yeah, there are alot of differences between the two, but that doesn't make Jack Mr. Wonderful.

RS is supposed to be different and visionary. Nick brings that to the table. Everyone is used to the same old same old and originally they wanted to do something different. But Jack, bringing in the wonderkund of the magazine world is going to turn it into one of the generic mags that are out there now. Maybe Nick really does have a viable vision for the mag?

Sounds to me like with all of these changes, they are just putting out another Vouge or something.

I am probably wrong, who knows. LOL

I think that should be one of the biggest fears for this issue. Being a typical mag. Or should I say e-zine?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/05/12 01:38PM
    #32   2008/05/12 01:38PM
    yrjazy

Quote Plot-Twister: Yeah, there are alot of differences between the two, but that doesn't make Jack Mr. Wonderful.

RS is supposed to be different and visionary. Nick brings that to the table. Everyone is used to the same old same old and originally they wanted to do something different. But Jack, bringing in the wonderkund of the magazine world is going to turn it into one of the generic mags that are out there now. Maybe Nick really does have a viable vision for the mag?

Sounds to me like with all of these changes, they are just putting out another Vouge or something.

I am probably wrong, who knows. LOL

Even when being innovative there are still some standards in any industry. The points that Jamie were making about why people buy magazines, layout, magazine standards in general etc.. - the four of them had no clue about any of it.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/05/12 01:39PM
    #33   2008/05/12 01:39PM
    Soulsistah

I agree that this mag was supposed to be something different, "edgy" or whatever. Problem is, Nick is not the one that has a vision of what that means. He knows nothing about fashion (look at how he dresses )and really seems somewhat disinterested in the actual fashion decisions - what colours, etc. UNLESS asked (e.g. both Sharon and Phyllis have asked his opinion and he just makes a snap decision because he wants to move on). He cares more about the financial backing from advertisers, so perhaps having a a clearly defined vision of what this magazine is supposed to be is where Jamie can help. Lord knows they all need it.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/05/12 01:40PM
    #34   2008/05/12 02:04PM
    Plot-Twister

All these years we have heard about how creative Nick is and how Victor stiffled his creativity. When he did have an opportunity to get creative, he was. For a long time, the coffee house served that purpose for him.

I will agree that we haven't seen a creative side to him really on this venture, but I think that this is one of those things that we are just supposed to accept that he has (creativity).

When the foursome got together to do this, Nick and Jack were supposed to be equals, now Jack is trying to assert himself over Nick and make decisions without consulting him saying that "there can only be one boss". I think Nick's creativity comes into play when he talks to advertisers and such. It really is hard to say when the writers are not giving us a real glimpse into what he is thinking.

#35   2008/05/12 02:07PM
    KeepingItReal

Jack has always seem to be that way with Nick in business or not....I think it has do do with him feeling more Fatherly towards him....like he's his mentor.

#36   2008/05/12 02:20PM
    Lilamoor

Jack had a supportive father that knew to support his children no matter what and to give unconditional love.John listened to Jack's ideas, gave them serious thought and was inclined to evaluate them in a positive light and then work with him to bring them in fruition.
    Nick had a father with a guick temper that would shoot him down quickly when he didn't agree with him, would cut him off, with no more discussion forthcoming. Victor made no attempt to see good in Nick's ideas unless they were in total agreement with his own.
    That is the biggest difference between these two men, and the way they behave now is a direct result of this.
    Other significant differences are of corse AGE and experience.

#37   2008/05/12 02:24PM
    Plot-Twister

Quote KeepingItReal: Jack has always seem to be that way with Nick in business or not....I think it has do do with him feeling more Fatherly towards him....like he's his mentor.

you said do do hehe

#38   2008/05/12 02:26PM
    Lilamoor

Quote Plot-Twister:
    Quote KeepingItReal: Jack has always seem to be that way with Nick in business or not....I think it has do do with him feeling more Fatherly towards him....like he's his mentor.

you said do do hehe

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list