List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nikki Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nikki Thread

Started by Simply Mindy at 2008/05/05 10:44AM
    Latest post: 2008/05/13 08:38AM, Views: 1305, Replies: 45
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2008/05/05 10:44AM
    Nikki Thread
    Simply Mindy

We need a Nikki thread - spoiler or not. There isn't one. She's becoming a directional character in the show. I'm curious what the writers are up to with her character - destroying her and proving Victor right, empowering her in her job/singlehood, or shattering her and driving her back to drinking as Chow reminds her of her addiction.

#2   2008/05/05 10:55AM
    Re: Nikki Thread
    vegasmom

Nikki goes both ways for me - on the one hand she's taking her life into her own hands, out from under Victor's control, and that is great. But, on the other hand - IMO, I think she should take some time OUT of a relationship to spend time with herself. She's totally blind about David which is only going to tarnish all the great things she's up to. She's strong, then weak. Which, I guess is pretty human. I like what I see between her and Paul, but again, I think it would be great to see Nikki stand completely on her own for awhile. I really hope she discovers what David's been up to, and fast.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2008/05/05 10:56AM
    #3   2008/05/05 12:49PM
    Chappel

There is an old saying that goes "bought sense is better than borrowed" Nikki has paid $250K for sense that Mister Controller tried to lend her. I mean he couldn't give it to her free of charge, now she stand a chance of having to pay another $100K gambling debt for Mister everything Victor is not. If she is not careful her demotion is right around the corner. She is proving Victor's point regarding her business sense. Chow is manipulating her to make bad business decisions and she is clueless. Closing out accounts that has been with Jabot for years based on Chows recommendations boy she really is a lou-lou. I don't blame Jill I'd keep close tabs on my company too. It's better to say shoo before the chicken gets in the garden.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/05/05 01:01PM
    #4   2008/05/05 12:55PM
    Soulsistah

I agree. I really like this stronger, more empowered Nikki. But having said that, what really BUGS me is that she is so weak and clueless when it comes to Chow-Chow - a man she really doesn't know that much about, yet is preparing to marry him?! What's with these writers and having the characters move so quickly from one marriage into the next? For the past 2 years+ every newly married character just bounced from one marriage into the next lickety-split. Totally contrived. Especially in this case because David Chow outlived his usefulness after the Senate campaign non-sense, so I think LML just wanted to keep him around because she liked him so they squeezed him in with a major character like Nikki. He's a skeez and needs to go. Let Nikki be on her own for a while, then maybe move onto a romance with Paul, or bring on another eligible guy.

#5   2008/05/05 12:59PM
    Simply Mindy

Your comment kind of makes me think of Brad, and whether he could cast himself as Nikki's knight in shining armor. He has a way of pushing his way into a woman's life by manipulatively destroying her current relationship. Furthermore, he would like nothing more than to tick off Victor. Helping Nikki would do just that. However, that would put Nikki right back where she started - with a manipulative, selfish man who bailed her out financially.

#6   2008/05/05 01:04PM
    Soulsistah

True. And it seems Bradley is working Chow over so when Nikki finds out about his gambling, Chow will get the boot and Brad will be the new co-CEO. But I don't think that's gonna happen, especially with Victoria on board now. Wonder what position Nikki will give her?

#7   2008/05/05 02:29PM
    ratty822

I am sure once Chow Chow gets the boot, Nikki will probably make Victoria Co-CEO. What an annoying duo that will be to watch....

#8   2008/05/05 02:35PM
    suegerry

I'm hoping for Nikki and Victor to be together again... really I'm not enjoying this rivalry between them......they are still in love and......taking advantage of others....eg.....Chow and Sabrina .........I think we've had enough of this before.....

#9   2008/05/05 02:41PM
    messy cook

Here's my guess. I think Nicki and Victor still have a lot of feelings for each other, regardless of their fights, or involvements with others. They both have pride issues so they haven't admitted it. I think this whole thing with David gambling and getting into debt is going to lead to Nicki being put into danger. Maybe kidnapped by a bookie, or David himself, to pay off his debts. Victor will lead up a rescue mission to save the mother of his children. Then after he saves her they will both admit they have feelings for each other and be on the way to re-uniting. I don't know that I'm particularly in favor of that, I just think that's a direction things might go.

#10   2008/05/05 02:48PM
    ratty822

Quote messy cook: Here's my guess. I think Nicki and Victor still have a lot of feelings for each other, regardless of their fights, or involvements with others. They both have pride issues so they haven't admitted it. I think this whole thing with David gambling and getting into debt is going to lead to Nicki being put into danger. Maybe kidnapped by a bookie, or David himself, to pay off his debts. Victor will lead up a rescue mission to save the mother of his children. Then after he saves her they will both admit they have feelings for each other and be on the way to re-uniting. I don't know that I'm particularly in favor of that, I just think that's a direction things might go.

I'm a fan of that potential storyline

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list