List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What is the history behind Jack and Victor?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What is the history behind Jack and Victor?

Started by glowery at 2006/12/02 07:57AM
    Latest post: 2006/12/02 07:05PM, Views: 287, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2006/12/02 07:57AM
    What is the history behind Jack and Victor?
    glowery

Even as long as i have watched the show, I honestly do not remember why there is such a battle with Jack and Victor.

Jack is always in a "I am going to bring the Moustache/Black Knight down", but why?

Where did all of this start?

I may have to do some research on this.

#2   2006/12/02 08:16AM
    Re: What is the history behind Jack and Victor?
    glowery

Well I found this;

"Jack Abbott and Victor Newman have always been bitter rivals in love and business. Jack married Victor's ex-wife Nikki, but their marriage was doomed because she could never get over Victor. Their child was born too early, and died soon after, due to an argument between Victor and Nikki when she fell down the stairs.

For years, Victor and Jack vied for control of Jack's father's company, Jabot Cosmetics. Jack was instrumental in the company's "going public", thereby allowing Victor's takeover. A deal was struck to return control of Jabot to the Abbotts, if Jack would abandon Nikki. But Victor tricked Jack, and the deal fell through. For revenge, Jack planned, with the help of Brad Carlton, to take over Newman Enterprises during Victor's absence but was caught by Victor. Victor collapsed as he was accusing Jack of this mutiny. Jack left Victor to die, but later returned to save him. Victor survived and the battle between Jack and Victor continued."

I guess it is a case of always has been and always will be.

#3   2006/12/02 08:42AM
    glowery

Neither one are angels in that dept. Who fought the dirtiest would probabaly be based more on which character a person liked better. I like the Victor character the most because he is more interesting. He has a much more diabolicle past. Neither are above committing crimes to get what they want.

On thing that I had found, was the Jack shot Jill. In everyones rants that a person should pay for thier crimes, well Jack only had to do a bit of community service that little ditty. Why did her shoot her, does anyone remember?

#4   2006/12/02 08:57AM
    Shys

Quote glowery: Neither one are angels in that dept. Who fought the dirtiest would probabaly be based more on which character a person liked better. I like the Victor character the most because he is more interesting. He has a much more diabolicle past. Neither are above committing crimes to get what they want.

On thing that I had found, was the Jack shot Jill. In everyones rants that a person should pay for thier crimes, well Jack only had to do a bit of community service that little ditty. Why did her shoot her, does anyone remember?

At least jack had to do community service, since then i think jill has forgivin him, they have even slept together. Gloria and phyllis haven't had to do anything to pay for their crimes. Victor payed his price to, remember when nick reported him to the cops?

#5   2006/12/02 09:22AM
    online_mn

I believe the birth of their anomosity was when Newman Enterprises initially tried to take over Jabot.

#6   2006/12/02 09:28AM
    Shys

Quote online_mn: I believe the birth of their anomosity was when Newman Enterprises initially tried to take over Jabot.

Was that when victor did something illegal and nick got him busted? I can't remember, its been awhile.

#7   2006/12/02 10:05AM
    online_mn

This was back in the 80's, I don't think Nick was born yet.

Along with the Jabot takeover, I believe Victor also became involved with Ashley during the time when she found out John was not her real father. Then Nikki had an affair with Jack and wanted a divorce from Victor.

It's all so confusing!!

#8   2006/12/02 10:07AM
    nyaccent

Quote glowery: Neither one are angels in that dept. Who fought the dirtiest would probabaly be based more on which character a person liked better. I like the Victor character the most because he is more interesting. He has a much more diabolicle past. Neither are above committing crimes to get what they want.

Jack Abbott was the prime suspect in the shooting of Jill. But the shooter turned out to be Sven, Jill's former masseur. After Jill recovered, Sven kidnapped her and held her prisoner in a meat locker. She was rescued by Jack and Police Detective Carl Williams

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/12/02 10:07AM
    #9   2006/12/02 07:05PM
    glowery

Man I am glad my life is not like a soap opera Here here for the dull and boring, and the more I watch the soaps the happier I am to be in that group.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list