List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I'm saying NO!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: I'm saying NO!

Started by Lilamoor at 2008/05/01 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2008/05/02 05:58AM, Views: 6413, Replies: 224
    « 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 » »| page:
    #211   2008/05/03 09:15AM
    Re: I'm saying NO!
    emmyg1975

you don't have to be muscular to be a key grip or a gaffer if you know what you are doing...plus that was in the old days 28 years ago when shows were "filmed"....one hint...some shows have cut cost so much they use only two crews working 14 hour days 4 days a week...two takes only...that is why you see more errors and more days of characters wearing the same clothes day after day after day...cost cutting has hit sets, clothing, less food seen on screen, hardly any outdoor scenes, hardly any location shots like the old days and more and more non contract actors and less and less of young actors due to having to have on set handlers, on set teachers, paying for twins and triplets to portray babies and toddlers and the constraints of the Coogan law.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/05/03 09:17AM
    #212   2008/05/03 09:19AM
    ILuvNY

Quote emmyg1975: no different then certain posters posting about being teachers or any other profession, mine just happens to be in the the "business"...I don't profess to be BFF with any of the actors, I see them on sets, I see them @ CBS Television City, it is a big lot with lots of stars, being as I am a Soap watcher from Dark Shadows, Edge or Night, Another World all the way to the current crop...I find soaps to be more enjoyable then night time TV or reality TV shows...plus your 5 new shows a week 52 weeks a years, not 13 or 15 shows a year...

One thing I do not do is tell anyone on here what is going to happen, I am here to post about my favs and the show that I have watched since day one..with adultery, rape, drunks, cheaters and family rivilarys...nothing has changed except the only two characters left on the show are Jill and Katherine and Jeanne is the only original actor. I am definately not obsessed or delusional, I do however know my history and have access to abundant information. The other thing I do not do is bash a poster by calling them names, or someone elses name, that is grade school mentality and explains alot. It amazes me the number of posters that just bash other posters, it seems to be the only thing they do, they bash the poster for being a fan of "certain" characters or they just bash the posters because they have nothing better to say..they can't even discuss the show without getting nasty.

Back on topic...PHICK was once again showing why they are the number one couple of Y & R !!! Thanks the AMB and JG for giving PHICK fans a great first anniversary celebration and for giving Nick the words proving who the love of his life is....PHYLLIS.

Big difference...my being a teacher doesn't play into what I say or think about the show; your claiming to work in the business implies that you have insider info. to go along with your "I know", not "this is my opinion" attitude that is pervasive in your posts.

#213   2008/05/03 09:53AM
    Allspice

Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote bebe46:
    Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote Delilah127: Well I'd already stopped watching awhile ago. The ratings plummeting down to 3.5 speaks volumes about how folks feel about this once great show. Some will deny it but Phick has alot to do with the slow tanking of the show for the last 2 years. NO amount of sitting at polls and voting 24/7 can undo what ratings say loud and clear--AMERICA has tuned out. They may have gained some new viewers who like the ph-ick smut but sure suffered and even bigger loss w/ all the longtime veteran watchers who were sickened by what they saw and turned off.

This is not Bill Bell's legacy. He never did cheap and tawdry and he certainly would have never pimped this nasty couple.

oh really delilah what happened t this song that you were singing a couple of months ago??? " not all fans have the time to tune in to trhe show. some watch it on soapnet or they recodr it blah blah blah " funny that you have changed your tune now that we are talking about Phick

All I know is that very few people want shick back together. And evidently the writers know this. But hey, you always have your shick youtube clips

How is it that you KNOW how many people want shick together? Did you go knocking on doors taking a survey ?

Was I talking to you?

When you are on the board you are talking to any and all.
    PUFF PUFF PASS!!!

#214   2008/05/03 09:58AM
    Jake Austin

Quote Allspice:
    Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote bebe46:
    Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote Delilah127: Well I'd already stopped watching awhile ago. The ratings plummeting down to 3.5 speaks volumes about how folks feel about this once great show. Some will deny it but Phick has alot to do with the slow tanking of the show for the last 2 years. NO amount of sitting at polls and voting 24/7 can undo what ratings say loud and clear--AMERICA has tuned out. They may have gained some new viewers who like the ph-ick smut but sure suffered and even bigger loss w/ all the longtime veteran watchers who were sickened by what they saw and turned off.

This is not Bill Bell's legacy. He never did cheap and tawdry and he certainly would have never pimped this nasty couple.

oh really delilah what happened t this song that you were singing a couple of months ago??? " not all fans have the time to tune in to trhe show. some watch it on soapnet or they recodr it blah blah blah " funny that you have changed your tune now that we are talking about Phick

All I know is that very few people want shick back together. And evidently the writers know this. But hey, you always have your shick youtube clips

How is it that you KNOW how many people want shick together? Did you go knocking on doors taking a survey ?

Was I talking to you?

When you are on the board you are talking to any and all.
    PUFF PUFF PASS!!!

I don't need a lecture in message board ethics. I have posted on this board and many others for a long time. But this particular post was posted to one poster in particular. IDC if someone other than Delilah127 replies to that post. I just won't reply to anyone other than Delilah regarding that post.

#215   2008/05/03 10:33AM
    SueQ

Quote Lilamoor: I'm saying NO MORE! I have been patience with the writers ramming Nick & Phylis'es relationship down my throat. I have tried to accept it, but this romance is getting excreasingly phoney and forced IMO.
    I never liked the premise, it started out waaaay too ugly for me to EVER buy into it being some beautiful, innocent, romantic relationship - somehow the "one" to watch. I read it described as Y&R "signature couple" by a poster. Well if this relationship is the "it" relationship - then I will no longer watch when they are on.
    Since the writers seem to be catering to the Phick fans, I may soon have an extra hour a day for something more constructive.
    Thank you technology - I have my remote.

Oh thank you for posting this!!!! I see that it got a little ugly at the end, but I am SOOO sick of Phyllis and Nick!!! Always have been!!!! GAG me with a BIG WOODEN SPOON!!! they are phoney and DISGUSTING!!!!!!!UUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!

#216   2008/05/03 12:17PM
    gommie

Quote bebe46:
    Quote gommie: If the writers are really trying to make Phick the 'signature couple' or whatever that term is..They have a lot of work ahead of them-- they need to grow Nick up and make him at least appear somewhat close to Phyllis' age and they need to really give them a substantial storyline- enough fluff at the office, only to be carried home and continued there, to just be brought back to the office the next day only to begin again- like a damn broken record.........round and round and round-no nothing to their characters...sorry, but this how I see them- boring as hell..............

It's very hard for me to see phick as a signature couple. It will never happen. They had meager beginnings from an affair, under the worst conditions , too many people got hurt because of them, they signify immorality , infidelity and unreality , to say the least. Sorry, not my idea of a signature couple by a long shot. Your so right,tptb have a lot of work ahead of them and so far it isn't working.

Exactly- and they now have a mediocre marriage held together by sex - and that is going to wear thin and when it does, no more phick-

#217   2008/05/03 12:25PM
    bubble303

Quote yrjazy: yo, seriously, some people are like completely obsessed.

No kidding

#218   2008/05/03 03:16PM
    SnNfan

I couldn't get this to post on Sony (registration pending and all of that), so I thought I'd return to my old stomping ground & add my 2 cents (Hello, Sharon Fans!):

First of all, like it has been stated time & time again...Nick is completely unrecognizeable as a character to me. I have watched Y&R from his first year ('94), then I stopped watching in late 2004 (due to no time for the show), and then I picked up again in 2006, and I literally was appalled by how he has changed...for the worse.

He was such a great husband (once he was officially done with Grace) and father. I especially admired how he handled the Cameron situation...a situation, which I would have completely understood if he had divorced Sharon over. Instead, he was mature about it, he helped Sharon out of the mess, loved her unconditionally and protected her, and even managed to help put Cameron behind bars.

This is why I am sooooo utterly confused as to how that Nick could then turn around and repeatedly cheat on Sharon after the death of Cassie. It is so sickening that anyone could like Phick, just for the reasons of how they started. Not to mention, if a fan knows the history of the show, there is NO WAY that Nick and Phyllis would have ever gotten together...storyline wise, personality wise, and because of the age difference.

Now before anyone gets upset, I do think Michelle Stafford is very beautiful and she never seems to age, but it doesn't change the fact that she does, in fact, look older than Joshua Morrow. I mean, if you put Julia Roberts (also very pretty) next to Ryan Phillippe, she's gonna look older. It's just something you can't deny. Both are attractive people, so I'm not insulting the actors. Time is time. And although it may seem sexist of me, I don't like seeing older women with younger men, for the most part (and I'm a female!). Also, more facial hair/longer hair is NOT making Nick look older, if that's what the show is trying for. He looks sloppy instead! Why cover up his dimples?

The main reason why I hate Phick, though, is how they have treated/continue to treat Sharon. During the affair, they obviously had no respect for her, and afterwards, neither one of them seemed all that sorry and definitely not sympathetic. Then, when they got married while Phyllis was pregnant, Sharon was being genuinely nice to them and wishing the baby the best (even though it had to have killed her), and how does Phyllis repay Sharon for her kindness/acceptance? Blackmails her! And then Phyllis causes a fight that costs Sharon the life of her best friend and almost her life, too!!! And Sharon still is the bigger person, even testifying in defense of Phyllis at her trial.

Then, later, when there was the possibility of a Shick reunion due to Nick's crash/amnesia, Sharon (though she was tempted otherwise, at times)inevitably held her ground and told Nick to go back to his wife.

Now Phyllis seems to rub it in Sharon's face even more that Nick is with her...like on the episode the other day, "Yeah, baby, what do YOU think?" (in reference to the pictures her and Sharon disagreed on).

And just the other day she had her nose rubbed in it again with the anniversary surprise for Phyllis. Hasn't Sharon suffered enough? Sure, she wasn't always faithful to Nick, but she obviously learned her lesson, and at least she can admit she was wrong and have remorse. Can Nick and Phyllis say that?

Lastly, I can understand that Nick is with Phyllis now (though I will NEVER accept them), but why does everything that is sacred between Nick and Sharon have to be tainted or ruined? First, their house became Vikki and JT's (Could they not afford another place?! Honestly!), then Nick called Phyllis "baby," and now, I swear, Cane proposed to Lily with the same ring Nick gave Sharon on Christmas 2005. What's next? Is Noah gonna disown Sharon for Phyllis? Oh wait...That's been a s/l already, too...

So, I ask you, writers...END THE PHICK MADNESS or at least have SHARON HAVE SOME HAPPINESS!!! I'm all up for Sharon and Jack mutually separating, and then there being a new, exciting man for Sharon to fall for...after a period of being by herself and finding out what she truly wants. I mean, I love Jack and I love Sharon...just not romantically together. I think they're great friends, that's about it.

#219   2008/05/03 04:59PM
    Oz_Jayde

I love your post snNfan! Well done & Very Well Written! ITA with every word.....

#220   2008/05/03 06:37PM
    Lilamoor

Quote Oz_Jayde: I love your post snNfan! Well done & Very Well Written! ITA with every word.....

I too love your post. My feelings entirely. Except perhaps with Sharon finding someone other than Jack. I think the writers could put more passion into this relationship. Have these two face some kind of exciting situation that would make them truly fall in love with each other.
    Otherwise ITA 2

« 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list