List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I'm saying NO!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: I'm saying NO!

Started by Lilamoor at 2008/05/01 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2008/05/02 05:58AM, Views: 6562, Replies: 224
    « 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 » »| page:
    #181   2008/05/02 05:53PM
    Re: I'm saying NO!
    momajenny

Quote suegerry: When I posted this a.m. ..... about Nick should remember where is barber was.......I didn't think it would get Sybil aka Emmy so riled up.......this is a fiction story on TV......she takes it so dang serious its unbelievable.......who cares if JM, MS or even my PT cruiser gives a dang what is posted in here........LOL......

by the way, Sue, that barber part had me crackin up. That was clever.

#182   2008/05/02 05:54PM
    ILuvNY

Quote Snizzle: sounds exactly what a stalker says...." i know him" I know what he likes" " i know what he likes to wear" I know he hates to shave" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO...good grief....

S C A R YYYYYYY!!!!!

#183   2008/05/02 05:58PM
    yrjazy

yo, seriously, some people are like completely obsessed.

#184   2008/05/02 05:59PM
    momajenny

Quote emmyg1975:
    Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote emmyg1975:
    Quote pinetree:
    Quote emesse:
    Quote emmyg1975:
    Quote suegerry: I'll sit and wait........now that Bow Wow is regaining his memory.......hopefully he'll remember where is barber is......and then what he saw on Summer's paternity results......that's when the drama will start.......so people don't loose your hope......today's show was not that different than any other show......where he professes his love to convince himself.......as for the rash.......her tears did nothing for me.........now writers let's get some karma for this couple........as for Sharon I presently like her with Jack.......

Don't loose hope.......

don't understand the need to call Nick names, guess it is
    because he picked Phyllis...

Nicks look, the hair, the beard, the clothes are all under JM's control...he picks the clothes, he decides when to shave and get a hair cut...he likes his look...it has nothing to do with being with Phyllis...he has stated (JM that is) that he hated the prepboy and suit and tie look and he is very very happy that he does not have to look like a dweep ever again

Nick is Summer's father...he will always be Summer's father..I guess SHICK fans all saw the results and it said he wasn't!

I love that Nick PROFESSES his love for Phyllis at every opportunity...I find it hilarious that SHICK fans say he is lying to himself and forcing himself to say the words...I guess if that is true, everytime he ever told Sharon that he loved her he was lying to himself and forcing himself to say the words????

I could really care less if Phyllis's tears effected you or not, you are not one of her fans, trust me she has plenty and your thoughts don't effect how the rest of us feel about her.

as for Sharon and Jack....they are each others consolation prizes, they settled for each other cause nobody else wanted them...pretty sad...and if they really truly loved each other, nothing PHICK does would upset them

don't give up hope! I hoped for 10 plus years that TPTB would split up SHICK and see it happened!!!!

Ok, you need to stop with all of this. JM does NOT choose when he saves, cuts his hair and/or his clothing. The producers are the one making the calls regarding hair/beard. As for the clothing, that's the stylist job.

At the end of the day, it's just a soap and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. It always revolve around the same freakin' thing... Geez...

I may not be an expert on soaps, but I've watched enough tv and seen interviews to know that it is the wardrobe dept. in conjunction with producers etc. that selects the clothes, makeup and the overall styling of the character.
    The actor or actress has very little say in it!

Emmy1975 the way you post indicates that you know JM personally, if that is true, you are a very lucky girl. And if you don't know him personally you might want to stop telling all of us what JM does or doesn't do. JMO

just so you know...yes I do know JM....yes I do know that he picks out his clothes...and yes I do know that he HATES TO SHAVE...he chooses how he dresses...there is wardrobe...he picks out what he is going to wear...there have been interviews published lately that he likes his "look" and if you were to see him off screen you would see him dressed exactly the same way or in baggies and un-tied NIKE's and gimme hat, and a oversized roundball jersey..

We know that's how he dresses off screen, but the point posters are making is he is playing the character of Nicholas Newman who has a very long and pre-established character who didn't dress this slovenly, especially as a business exec. He isn't playing the part of "Josh Morrow".

guess you do not realize that people who are working with and for the show read these boards and post on these boards...I know at least two actors that post on some of the boards under assumed signon's .... one even post anti their character.

Oh, contraire. Most of us do know that people from the show/actors do read the message boards - and that's a good thing so they know exactly what fans are thinking about s/ls and characters, not just what one-dimensional poll results indicate. But the fact remains - you are NOT JM and are not inside his head or MS, so the argument some have with you that you know exactly what the actors and writers are thinking/doing is valid because you don't. You watch the show like everyone else and don't have any more definitive proof of what will or will not be than anyone else.

you really never know who you are talking to on here...you might just be surprised or embarrassed by the way you respond to post.

never said I was JM....never said I was in MS's head, I do know what I am talking about thou. You can believe what ever you want to, but before speak of that which you do not know, you might want to do some research. There are lots of pictures out on the internet of JM out and about on the town with Tobe, at event, and guess what he looks and dresses just like Nick does now...watch this video...when Nick was in Edmondton last month..Joshua says point blank that Nick has become more Joshua in the past two years...as you can see from the video Joshua out on his own, doing his own thing....is dressed the exact same way Nick does...if you don't believe me..maybe you will believe the words coming out of Joshua Morrow's own mouth!

www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=18312130099

so he says that nick has become Joshua in the last two years. So that means he is saying Nick wasn't like Joshua prior to that. So if he can pick out what he wears why did he just start doing it 2 years ago. SOunds to me like the powers that be made a change. He had nothing to do with it.

No one would argue that Nick and Joshua may or may not dress alike, but i will bet that produciton tells him what he can and can't wear. Two years ago he was dressing more professional and like a business person who wanted to be taken seriously should dress. Now he dresses like a teenager too young for his older wife.

#185   2008/05/02 06:31PM
    Eppy

emmyg, you always quote 'sources' as if publications are as reliable as sunrise and sunset. You may not remember, but in 1948, Dewey was declared winner of the Presidential race - in BIG headlines for all the world to see. Truman won. Don't believe everything you see or hear - the media can be wrong, jump the gun or skew facts in order to sell their rags. Believe what you want, but you will never be able to convince the masses that what you quote from 'sources' is the gospel truth - save your breath!!

#186   2008/05/02 06:46PM
    momajenny

Quote COLONLC10:
    Quote luckeylk:
    Quote Angel4Life: I was thinking the same thing while watching this crap. The nerve of Nick and Phyllis celebrating in front of Sharon. They cheated and Nick's wife at the time was hurt deeply. I cant stand Phyllis and I'm happy that her so-called perfect marriage will soon have a big bump coming.

Come on people! Do you not remember that Sharon cheated on Nick too? It was high time that Sharon got what she deserved. She wasn't the doting wife. If Sharon was so unhappy then she would get with Brad. I don't know why the producers wont give them a chance. This would be a new storyline for Brad. I thought that Jack and Phylis had a wonderful relationship, but I like seeing her with Nick too. At least Phylis is being faithful to Nick.

I LOVE Jack but I think Sharon with Brad would be great for them and majorly passionate I am sure too! You do know your last line is going to cause a riot in here..........

I am with you ColonLC, I have always wanted Sharon and BRad to give it a go since Shick broke up. I can't stand Phick, but it ain't because I like Shick. I'm a Shad girl myself.

I hate PHick because the whole relationship is so far fetched. I mean come on. We can't just look past the fact that PHyllis is a criminal in worst possible way. She was always the major villan. Anyone who has watched for any amount of time would know this. SHe was right up there with SHeila Carter.

But now all of the sudden we are supposed to believe that she is this virtuous saint. In the real world, NO ONE of social standing like Nick Newman is supposed to be would be caught dead with someone like Phyllis who has always been well known around GC as the equivalent of pond scum. I just can't buy it, I don't care how much they sugar coat it. It's just too much to swallow for me!

#187   2008/05/02 07:02PM
    emmyg1975

you need not worry about my connections, I do not give out spoilers or inside knowledge, I am not allowed to, but I am allowed to state my opinion on the current episodes shown, I do use the internet to read articles and interviews, like the one Joshua did in Canada last month, I attended the Paley Celebration last month and listened to what the actors said; Peter not liking the internet and MB's and the fact that spoilers are put out for anyone to read, when I talked to him later he and I agree that the internet and some mags have been the cause for the decline in soaps, the days of being riveted to the screen minute by minute, day after day are over, all you have to do now and read the spoilers and decide if you want to watch are not...no more surprises. Alot of the actors don't understand all the hatred and the animosity of the fans, and alot of actors see it as they have done their job, hating them or loving them when all you do is talk about them....you are making them more important to the powers that be.

#188   2008/05/02 07:17PM
    momajenny

Quote emmyg1975: you need not worry about my connections, I do not give out spoilers or inside knowledge, I am not allowed to, but I am allowed to state my opinion on the current episodes shown, I do use the internet to read articles and interviews, like the one Joshua did in Canada last month, I attended the Paley Celebration last month and listened to what the actors said; Peter not liking the internet and MB's and the fact that spoilers are put out for anyone to read, when I talked to him later he and I agree that the internet and some mags have been the cause for the decline in soaps, the days of being riveted to the screen minute by minute, day after day are over, all you have to do now and read the spoilers and decide if you want to watch are not...no more surprises. Alot of the actors don't understand all the hatred and the animosity of the fans, and alot of actors see it as they have done their job, hating them or loving them when all you do is talk about them....you are making them more important to the powers that be.

you aren't allow to, or you dont' have it?

#189   2008/05/02 09:20PM
    bebe46

Quote Lilamoor: I'm saying NO MORE! I have been patience with the writers ramming Nick & Phylis'es relationship down my throat. I have tried to accept it, but this romance is getting excreasingly phoney and forced IMO.
    I never liked the premise, it started out waaaay too ugly for me to EVER buy into it being some beautiful, innocent, romantic relationship - somehow the "one" to watch. I read it described as Y&R "signature couple" by a poster. Well if this relationship is the "it" relationship - then I will no longer watch when they are on.
    Since the writers seem to be catering to the Phick fans, I may soon have an extra hour a day for something more constructive.
    Thank you technology - I have my remote.

I totally agree. As it is I switch channels when they are on, get interested in something else and forget to go back lol

#190   2008/05/02 09:31PM
    bebe46

Quote Delilah127: Well I'd already stopped watching awhile ago. The ratings plummeting down to 3.5 speaks volumes about how folks feel about this once great show. Some will deny it but Phick has alot to do with the slow tanking of the show for the last 2 years. NO amount of sitting at polls and voting 24/7 can undo what ratings say loud and clear--AMERICA has tuned out. They may have gained some new viewers who like the ph-ick smut but sure suffered and even bigger loss w/ all the longtime veteran watchers who were sickened by what they saw and turned off.

This is not Bill Bell's legacy. He never did cheap and tawdry and he certainly would have never pimped this nasty couple.

Absolutely! Bill Bell must be turning in his grave. They kill off a couples beautiful teenage daughter, bring in a nasty cheap repulsive affair, break up a ten year marriage, and then spend 2 years trying to dignify it all by changing the characters and hoping the filth will go away. All the pimping and glorifying in the world for this couple won't change it, and the ratings have proven that ,regardless of all the phony fudged polls. So they may as well just continue on and finish it up, it will be fun to see phick go down with their ship in the end.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/05/02 09:32PM
    « 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list