List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The Emmy Nominations

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Emmy Nominations

Started by Texas Sunflower at 2008/04/30 10:58AM
    Latest post: 2008/05/02 03:32PM, Views: 1181, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2008/04/30 02:31PM
    Re: The Emmy Nominations
    Soulsistah

Exactly what I was thinking Snizzle, another joke year. Here we go again

Peter Bergman is nominated for male lead. He always has his A-game going. I hope he wins it this year.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/04/30 02:31PM
    #22   2008/04/30 02:31PM
    colormebadd

Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote colormebadd:
    Quote Soulsistah: I agree, all the actors on the show do a great job generally. But I think some nominees are just that based on being nominated in the past, as opposed to being truly deserving of it based on the past year's work. Seriously, some of the names on the list make you go "WTH" While names left off (by choice or vote) had major front-burner s/ls all year and weren't one-dimensional the whole time....

You are so right Soul: Nothings the same anymore even when it comes to these reality shows when it comes time to vote someone off the show that is truly talented against the ones that are more attractive or popular. Makes me sick because it's so unfair.

Just shows superficiality is rampant everywhere. No wonder a lot of people think awards ceremonies like the Emmy's don't mean as much as they used to. It's just become silly.

I mean, like her character or not, I think Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki) was seriously robbed for a lead nomination: her character went through the gammut last year; a roller coaster of emotions (e.g. Victoria's coma vigil)and major s/ls, which I think she did superbly. And even though I HATE her character, what about Judith Chapman (Gloho) for Supporting??? Come on, she really did major work this past year and did it well. Those are just two examples of people who should have been nominated...just makes you go hmmmmmmmmmm?

I agree: It's all based on nothing, only whose wearing what. I mean seriously Anthony Geary (Luke-GH) is on the soap maybe 3/4 times out of the year and his s/l are quite foolish and so is he. He is nominated for Best Actor WTF???

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/04/30 02:34PM
    #23   2008/04/30 02:32PM
    Soulsistah

;)

#24   2008/04/30 02:37PM
    tinny

Anyone one know the link to see the nominees this year. Can someone please post it. thanks

#25   2008/04/30 02:49PM
    sutherngirl

Quote Snizzle:
    Quote Texas Sunflower: Well, congraulations to Michael, Devon, Neil, Kevin and Lauren, but I am sorry to say that is all I would vote for.

One newbie didn't have a storyline and one has already left. Enough said.

none of the baldwins moved me..and devon and neil??? ugh.... what a joke

I agree.. The only ones I would vote for is Phyllis and my man Jack..

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/04/30 02:51PM
    #26   2008/04/30 02:50PM
    yrjazy

Quote tinny: Anyone one know the link to see the nominees this year. Can someone please post it. thanks

Peter Bergman (Jack) was nominated for outstanding lead actor. Here's the full list of nominees.

theyoungandtherestless.com/news_events/detail_3639.html

#27   2008/04/30 05:39PM
    sarab

Okay, tammin sursok gets nominated in a category, but Melody Thomas Scott doesn't?? The end is truly near

Sara

#28   2008/05/02 12:21PM
    bubble303

Congrats to all the stars but I have to say it's about time DAYS gets some nominations...they completely forgot about them for all these years!!!

#29   2008/05/02 01:19PM
    KeepingItReal

Here is an official link to the Daytimes Emmies are Fixed and Y&R being the worst soap last year and yet they got the most nod.....

LMBO what some of us have alwaaaaaays thought. No wonder VR got fed up with crap!

tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Features/Articles/080430_emmy_nominations_NB

Just click on the link

#30   2008/05/02 01:23PM
    KeepingItReal

Title of the Article:

Worst in Show
    By Nelson Branco
    2008-04-30

Need another reason to justify 'Daytime Emmy Award' reform? Check out the shocking nominations for this year's 35th annual kudofest!

Here's when it will be on:

The 35th annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards will air live at 8 p.m. ET during a three-hour telecast on June 20 live from L.A.’s Kodak Theater.

Yeah, I know not aloud to copy yada yada yada....but it not the whole article.

Enjoy reading.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list