List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The Emmy Nominations

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Emmy Nominations

Started by Texas Sunflower at 2008/04/30 10:58AM
    Latest post: 2008/05/02 03:32PM, Views: 1178, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2008/04/30 12:00PM
    Re: The Emmy Nominations
    JTORIA fan

Quote ratty822:
    Quote momajenny:
    Quote Texas Sunflower: Well, congraulations to Michael, Devon, Neil, Kevin and Lauren, but I am sorry to say that is all I would vote for.

One newbie didn't have a storyline and one has already left. Enough said.

devon didn't do anything in the last year. NO storyline for him. I would rather see one of the babies as outstanding younger actor than Bryton. We saw them more than Bryton.

I totally agree! Devon?? WTF? He is not on the show AT ALL and when he is it is like a 4 liner or cryin for a minute or two about Lily. That is ridiculous.

I agree to their are more deserving cast memebers then devon

#12   2008/04/30 12:16PM
    colormebadd

"Whatever"
    Congratulations to all Y&R nominees they all do an excellent job.

#13   2008/04/30 02:00PM
    Soulsistah

I agree, all the actors on the show do a great job generally. But I think some nominees are just that based on being nominated in the past, as opposed to being truly deserving of it based on the past year's work. Seriously, some of the names on the list make you go "WTH" While names left off (by choice or vote) had major front-burner s/ls all year and weren't one-dimensional the whole time....

#14   2008/04/30 02:14PM
    colormebadd

Quote Soulsistah: I agree, all the actors on the show do a great job generally. But I think some nominees are just that based on being nominated in the past, as opposed to being truly deserving of it based on the past year's work. Seriously, some of the names on the list make you go "WTH" While names left off (by choice or vote) had major front-burner s/ls all year and weren't one-dimensional the whole time....

You are so right Soul: Nothings the same anymore even when it comes to these reality shows when it comes time to vote someone off the show that is truly talented against the ones that are more attractive or popular. Makes me sick because it's so unfair.

#15   2008/04/30 02:17PM
    Snizzle

when does this come on?

#16   2008/04/30 02:20PM
    Soulsistah

Quote colormebadd:
    Quote Soulsistah: I agree, all the actors on the show do a great job generally. But I think some nominees are just that based on being nominated in the past, as opposed to being truly deserving of it based on the past year's work. Seriously, some of the names on the list make you go "WTH" While names left off (by choice or vote) had major front-burner s/ls all year and weren't one-dimensional the whole time....

You are so right Soul: Nothings the same anymore even when it comes to these reality shows when it comes time to vote someone off the show that is truly talented against the ones that are more attractive or popular. Makes me sick because it's so unfair.

Just shows superficiality is rampant everywhere. No wonder a lot of people think awards ceremonies like the Emmy's don't mean as much as they used to. It's just become silly.

I mean, like her character or not, I think Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki) was seriously robbed for a lead nomination: her character went through the gammut last year; a roller coaster of emotions (e.g. Victoria's coma vigil)and major s/ls, which I think she did superbly. And even though I HATE her character, what about Judith Chapman (Gloho) for Supporting??? Come on, she really did major work this past year and did it well. Those are just two examples of people who should have been nominated...just makes you go hmmmmmmmmmm?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2008/04/30 02:25PM
    #17   2008/04/30 02:27PM
    granny45

No surprises in the lead and supporting catagories. All the actors nominated had major storylines this last year and did FABULOUS jobs! Good luck to all!!

#18   2008/04/30 02:28PM
    emesse

Good luck to all of them!! I think all of the actors are doing a great job!

#19   2008/04/30 02:29PM
    Snizzle

Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote colormebadd:

Just shows superficiality is rampant everywhere. No wonder a lot of people think awards ceremonies like the Emmy's don't mean as much as they used to. It's just become silly.

I mean, like her character or not, I think Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki) was seriously robbed for a lead nomination: her character went through the gammut last year; a roller coaster of emotions (e.g. Victoria's coma vigil)and major s/ls, which I think she did superbly. And even though I HATE her character, what about Judith Chapman (Gloho) for Supporting??? Come on, she really did major work this past year and did it well. Those are just two examples of people who should have been nominated...just makes you go hmmmmmmmmmm?

Totally agree with Yah..MTS and JC did there thing...very very surprised...guess it'll be another joke like last year....

#20   2008/04/30 02:30PM
    tinny

Any reason why PB?jack wasn't considered this year. He was outstanding. I thought he would run away with it

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list