List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick & Micheal - More YR history ignored

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick & Micheal - More YR history ignored

Started by Delilah127 at 2008/04/28 02:46PM
    Latest post: 2008/04/30 10:10AM, Views: 1290, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2008/04/29 01:59PM
    Re: Nick & Micheal - More YR history ignored
    calliope

Quote lmfan:
    Quote Delilah127: these two men being 'friends' is yet another indication of just how far away from history the writers have gone.

The 'old' Nick would be never be friends w/the 'scheister'.
    Michael is the man who systematically encouraged and helped Alice in her custody fight for Cassie against Nick and Sharon. During that same time Michael began a sexual relationship w/Grace Turner who was nursing her own grudge against the Newmans. They conspired together to make Nick and Sharon's lives miserable. Nick hated Michael during this whole time.

Now ffw'd and beloved precious Cassie is dead. Michael Baldwin almost kept Nick and Sharon from ever having that precious little girl in their life (he in fact did win the case for Alice, but she gave up Cassie to N/S), yet Nick can just sit and joke w/Michael? I don't think so

That Nick would be able to have dinner or even be buddy buddy with this despicable man is beyond me.

But you are forgetting some history that happened in the last few years. Michael helped Sharon get off the hook for legal troubles in the Cameron fiasco. Sharon and Nick were so appreciative they invited Michael to celebrate at a family barbecue. Then Nick found himself over his head with a business matter and Michael smoothed it over. Just last year Michael freed Nick's current wife from jail on appeal. I wouldn't consider Nick and Michael buddy buddy, but they are friendly because of Phyllis. Not to mention how many times Lauren and Michael watched Summer and even Noah when Phyllis was having troubles and Nick had to be there with her.

Strange this was even brought up when Michael and Nick barely have any scenes together anyways. I don't see a great friendship. They are friendly at best.

I don't see Paul and Michael as great friends either. They put up with each other because they both love Lauren. Michael respects that Lauren and Paul are friends, and Paul respects that Lauren chose Michael as a husband. I also think they respect each other in a business sense. People do change after all.

Good post. You are right.

#12   2008/04/30 08:23AM
    emmyg1975

it is called character evolution...if characters hated each other forever and ever it get boring....like Jack and Victor...glad to see Nick and Michael and "others" can put the past behind them and move on like people do in real life...or at least some people do in real life....

#13   2008/04/30 08:35AM
    Eppy

Quote Soulsistah: It sure is Sue! We all know LML wanted to recreate all the s/ls and to do that she had to rewrite these characters to make them "fit" into her plot-driven vision of the show. She deliberately chose to ignore character histories to do that. And we've all seen the resulting MESS the show has become. Not to take anything away from what you've said Imfan because you are right. In-roads were made between Michael and Nick, and Paul and Michael, but not to the extent where we'd ever believe these pairs are buddy-buddy, as LML tried to pull.

The new writers NEED to stick to character history if they're gonna pull this show outta the dumps!
    Terrific post Soul - you hit the nail on the head! And the idea that bitter dealings in the past would somehow become magically resolved is ludicrus. If they suddenly wanted them to become bff's, at least give us a plausible storyline about it. But, apparently the ignorant masses arae supposed to swallow this pap, hook, line and sinker.

#14   2008/04/30 08:45AM
    emmyg1975

If memory serves me right Dru and Sharon at one time were at odds...but we were suppose to believe that suddenly overnight they became BFF's....if it can happen for them it can happen to anyone....character evolution....

#15   2008/04/30 08:47AM
    Jake Austin

Dru and Sharon were only friends because they were both jealous of Phyllis. That friendship was laughable

#16   2008/04/30 08:49AM
    ratty822

~)

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/04/30 08:49AM
    #17   2008/04/30 08:50AM
    Eppy

Dru and Sharon had no reason to be jealous of Phyllis of all people. Dru just didn't suffer fools is all!

#18   2008/04/30 08:53AM
    Soulsistah

It's not character evolution, IMO, but bad writing. A character can evolve (and many have under the old writers), but you can't just have past bad blood "disappear" and expect people to just swallow it.

Every time there has been character evolution it took time and some serious comeuppance for the character creating the problems, e.g. Lauren (scheming against Tracey), Kevin (his beat-down in jail and subsequent therapy) and Michael (serving his prison term). If they want to depict truces b/t characters who previously didn't like each other, they need to write plausible s/ls where we see this developing. Sharon and Dru is a bad example, IMO, because they never had any real animosity towards one another in the past. Whereas Phyllis and Lauren, for example, being BF now is laughable because of all the bad history b/t Paul (Lauren's long-time friend and ex) and Christine, and Danny. I can see Lauren and Phyllis being "friendly" because of Michael, but BF?! Where did that come from??

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/04/30 08:55AM
    #19   2008/04/30 08:54AM
    Soulsistah

Quote pinetree: You make some good points, maybe both men have just moved on. It's kind of like Sharon and Phyllis working together. I don't know to many women who would go into business with the woman who stole their hubby

One of the most ridiculous s/ls to date.

#20   2008/04/30 08:56AM
    Jake Austin

Quote Eppy: Dru and Sharon had no reason to be jealous of Phyllis of all people. Dru just didn't suffer fools is all!

It's my opinion, you don't have to agree with me!! Moving on

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list