List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick & Micheal - More YR history ignored

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick & Micheal - More YR history ignored

Started by Delilah127 at 2008/04/28 02:46PM
    Latest post: 2008/04/30 10:10AM, Views: 1294, Replies: 28
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2008/04/28 02:46PM
    Nick & Micheal - More YR history ignored
    Delilah127

these two men being 'friends' is yet another indication of just how far away from history the writers have gone.

The 'old' Nick would be never be friends w/the 'scheister'.
    Michael is the man who systematically encouraged and helped Alice in her custody fight for Cassie against Nick and Sharon. During that same time Michael began a sexual relationship w/Grace Turner who was nursing her own grudge against the Newmans. They conspired together to make Nick and Sharon's lives miserable. Nick hated Michael during this whole time.

Now ffw'd and beloved precious Cassie is dead. Michael Baldwin almost kept Nick and Sharon from ever having that precious little girl in their life (he in fact did win the case for Alice, but she gave up Cassie to N/S), yet Nick can just sit and joke w/Michael? I don't think so

That Nick would be able to have dinner or even be buddy buddy with this despicable man is beyond me.

#2   2008/04/28 02:56PM
    Re: Nick & Micheal - More YR history ignored
    pinetree

You make some good points, maybe both men have just moved on. It's kind of like Sharon and Phyllis working together. I don't know to many women who would go into business with the woman who stole their hubby

#3   2008/04/28 03:05PM
    Eppy

I agree. And a friendship between Michael and Paul is just as ludricus. Paul protected and defended Christine from Michael's obsessive stalking and behavior towards her and was instrumental in getting evidence that got him thrown in the slammer. I just don't get it!

#4   2008/04/28 04:30PM
    Delilah127

Quote Eppy: I agree. And a friendship between Michael and Paul is just as ludricus. Paul protected and defended Christine from Michael's obsessive stalking and behavior towards her and was instrumental in getting evidence that got him thrown in the slammer. I just don't get it!

It's ridiculous to think these folks would just get over these things. Michael is criminal, he was then and he is now. Nothing much has changed w/this little gnat.

#5   2008/04/28 04:31PM
    Keela

We can't count the number of ignored grudges on this show. If our beloved characters openly hated everyone that wronged them, then there would be zero dialog for the whole hour. We just have to roll with it.

#6   2008/04/28 04:37PM
    ILuvNY

Quote Delilah127: these two men being 'friends' is yet another indication of just how far away from history the writers have gone.

Michael is the man who systematically encouraged and helped Alice in her custody fight for Cassie against Nick and Sharon. During that same time Michael began a sexual relationship w/Grace Turner who was nursing her own grudge against the Newmans. They conspired together to make Nick and Sharon's lives miserable. Nick hated Michael during this whole time.

Now ffw'd and beloved precious Cassie is dead. Michael Baldwin almost kept Nick and Sharon from ever having that precious little girl in their life (he in fact did win the case for Alice, but she gave up Cassie to N/S), yet Nick can just sit and joke w/Michael? I don't think so

That Nick would be able to have dinner or even be buddy buddy with this despicable man is beyond me.

You are so right. I don't care if it is a soap, some characters have done such horrible things to one another, the writers should know better than to ask the viewers to accept that they would "kiss and make up"! I find the Phyllis/Nick pairing, the Phyllis/Sharon "friendship", the Michael/Nick buddy, buddy relationship as well as Kevin being hired at Jabot beyond ridiculous!

#7   2008/04/28 04:45PM
    Sunnyflower

Oh well. I guess they are over it.

#8   2008/04/28 05:00PM
    lmfan

Quote Delilah127: these two men being 'friends' is yet another indication of just how far away from history the writers have gone.

But you are forgetting some history that happened in the last few years. Michael helped Sharon get off the hook for legal troubles in the Cameron fiasco. Sharon and Nick were so appreciative they invited Michael to celebrate at a family barbecue. Then Nick found himself over his head with a business matter and Michael smoothed it over. Just last year Michael freed Nick's current wife from jail on appeal. I wouldn't consider Nick and Michael buddy buddy, but they are friendly because of Phyllis. Not to mention how many times Lauren and Michael watched Summer and even Noah when Phyllis was having troubles and Nick had to be there with her.

Strange this was even brought up when Michael and Nick barely have any scenes together anyways. I don't see a great friendship. They are friendly at best.

I don't see Paul and Michael as great friends either. They put up with each other because they both love Lauren. Michael respects that Lauren and Paul are friends, and Paul respects that Lauren chose Michael as a husband. I also think they respect each other in a business sense. People do change after all.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/04/28 05:03PM
    #9   2008/04/29 05:38AM
    suegerry

You're so right.....this whole thing came about when the writers decided.....to have Nick and Phyllis together.....it's rubbish of the worst kind....

#10   2008/04/29 01:01PM
    Soulsistah

It sure is Sue! We all know LML wanted to recreate all the s/ls and to do that she had to rewrite these characters to make them "fit" into her plot-driven vision of the show. She deliberately chose to ignore character histories to do that. And we've all seen the resulting MESS the show has become. Not to take anything away from what you've said Imfan because you are right. In-roads were made between Michael and Nick, and Paul and Michael, but not to the extent where we'd ever believe these pairs are buddy-buddy, as LML tried to pull.

The new writers NEED to stick to character history if they're gonna pull this show outta the dumps!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list