List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: He's got a 'Glo' on for GLO!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

He's got a 'Glo' on for GLO!!!!

Started by AmyTee at 2006/11/30 05:20AM
    Latest post: 2006/12/01 10:45AM, Views: 1061, Replies: 39
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2006/11/30 06:00PM
    Re: He's got a 'Glo' on for GLO!!!!
    heart and soul

Quote glowery:
    Quote heart and soul: As long I as I knew he loved me for me and I loved him for just who he is , money would not matter. You can't buy love or happiness. I have been on both sides of this in my life and we know struggling to make it together is what love is all about! Love is another word for RESPECT.

Are you saying the only people who struggle know what love is? There are many people I respect who I am not in love with.

No, I was speaking of my own experience. But I do believe that you must respect someone before you can love them
    since there are many different kinds of love, most love between a man and a woman is based on respect for each other.

#32   2006/11/30 07:54PM
    glowery

Sorry for being so late getting back, but with this winter storm we are having we have been threatened with power outages all day so I shut my computer down so as not to take the chance of it going off and coming on with the power surges and brown outs.

Okay for whoever said I started this thread about Glo, I didn't start the thread at all. I just asked the question about the 4th or 5th post down.

My question was would you "look" for a man who was rich or poor. Most of the answers were about how you would only love someone who was in love with you, or that respected you, or that you could repect and if there was true love money would not matter, and all of those are answers were great, but not exactly what I asked.

The reason I asked this was all the talk about who has been a gold digger and who hasn't reminded me of something that my younger sister and I talked about a few years ago. She absolutely has a knack for picking the worst men possible to go out with. I say pick cause if a man asks you out you have the choice to say yes or no, so if you say yes then you kind of picked him to go out with.

She called me one day and asked me why couldn't seem to have the things her friends had. A good husband, a little security and so on. My answer to her was "You need to set your sites a little higher". As we talked more, I realized the reason she went out with these slugs was she didn't have a whole lot of self worth, so in turn did not feel worthy to even be interested in a man who was of a higher income bracket than her. In other words, she was settling, and you get exactly what you are willing to settle for.

Now I have the best husband in the whold world (no bias here ) and we have been married a little over 33 years. But if anything should ever happen to him, God Forbid, I would have no qualms what so ever holding out for someone who could make my golden years, as they say, as comfortable as possible. I have heard it said before, it is just as easy to love a rich man as it is to love a poor man.

So now you all probably think of me as the resident gold digger, but at least I am honest about it

#33   2006/11/30 08:10PM
    heart and soul

I condidered my husband rich when I first married him because of his kindness and loving way. He has been true to me for 40 1/2 years. He has work 3 jobs at times to make ends meet when I was unable to work (after last baby). I have seen his hands crack and bled because he worked outside bilding large metal buildings. He won a cruise for us for 2 weeks! We lost everythig we had except our children, and had to start over. We spent 10 years working side by side and now own a lovely home have 2 new cars and I do not work outside the home. I have time fro volunteer work, wich I enjoy, and time with my 2 grandchildren. I love my husband more now than I did when we married and at that time would have given my life for him. I knew him 6 mos. after going on a blind date with him. would not trade him for a richer man. He is rich and I am richer for being married to him.

#34   2006/11/30 08:31PM
    shopgirl

I stand corrected that you did not start the thread, I just assumed since the posts before you were regarding Gloria, that is what you were talking about

#35   2006/12/01 05:43AM
    lestress

Great post, heart and soul!

#36   2006/12/01 05:44AM
    AmyTee

Quote Mona Lisa: I get your point glowery, but wouldn't there have to be a little love?
    There are different types of love in this world...Some people are not fortunate enough to find absolute bliss,and so,yes,they do settle...or they don't.I have friends that are close to their 2nd divorce,and they are just under 40 yrs of age!But my mom always said,and it is true-you can love a rich man as well as a poor one.It does help majorly to set your sites higher,because who wants to be poor?Everyone says they don't mind having little money,but how difficult is it to raise a family,make car payments,feed the babies,have time to yourselves,go on dates with your spouse...I have a friend who never sees her husband-he's a truck driver,and she loves him like crazy!She's lucky to see him 2 times a month sometimes....life is rough enough....hats off to those who want that kind of life(I am not trying to be negative,just truthful)

#37   2006/12/01 05:45AM
    lestress

Quote Mona Lisa: I get your point glowery, but wouldn't there have to be a little love?

I would think so too Mona Lisa. It is not enough just to marry and live with someone who can provide material things if you are not happy with him or if he makes your life miserable. The question glowery asked is not easy to answer.

#38   2006/12/01 05:48AM
    glowery

Of course, that is why I wrote at the bottom of my post that it is just as easy to love a rich man as it is to love a poor one.

Back a hundred years ago when my husband and I started dating, I wasn't in love with him after the first date, but I did like him enough for their to be a second and so on down the line. Love came later.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list