List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: If Carmen hadn't died, would she have blackmailed Jack about Jabot?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

If Carmen hadn't died, would she have blackmailed Jack about Jabot?

Started by Y&R is my fav! at 2006/11/28 05:55PM
    Latest post: 2006/12/04 12:02PM, Views: 1012, Replies: 26
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2006/11/29 04:56AM
    Re: If Carmen hadn't died, would she have blackmailed Jack about Jabot?
    Tara

I also have to agree that she darn well would have sued Jack...she was out for whatever she could get. It became sooo obvious that even that thick headed Neil figured it out. And NO I don't think that Dru over-reacted by cutting up her clothes....I would have been a little more creative and disguised myself in a ski mask and grabbed her and shaved her head....she wouldn't have looked too attractive to my husband then! LOL!!! That would be the gift that just keeps giving!

#12   2006/11/29 06:53AM
    glowery

OMIGAWD! Shaving her head, now that would have been funny, and something that the "from the streets" Dru might very well have done. I hated that Dru cut up her clothes, not because I felt sorry for Carmen, but it put Dru in such a bad light. She is not one of my faves, but it did make her look like she was no better than she was when she was a delinquent.

Darn I have to get ready for work now, but in my best Arnold imitation..."I'll be baahhhhhhck."

#13   2006/11/29 11:17AM
    AmyTee

Quote Carmen's#1actress: No, because people change. She ONLY blackmailed NE. No one else! She also told Jack that "If you're worried I'm going to blow your cover as the man behind the scenes of Jabot, you can relax." Carmen isn't a bad character. Carmen and Neil really liked eachother. Dru cutting up Carmen's clothes and accosted her made Dru a bad character. Dru was getting out of control. It wasn't Carmen's fault.
    Really?HOW NICE OF A CHARACTER was she to delay Dru's return when she was on a business trip?She had nooo problem pursuing a married man(AND I always say that nobody owns anyone,but please do have a tad bit of restraint?Maybe Dru and Neil had issues w/their marriage that were not directly involving Carmen,but she did not do anything to help out the situation,either)Perhaps Dru was out of line with cutting up Carmen's clothing,BUT....I believe Carmen deserved it...but she didn't deserve to die......

#14   2006/11/29 11:21AM
    jcline3

Yes, I think that Carmen would have blackmailed Jack.

#15   2006/11/29 03:28PM
    Carmen's#1ac...

Quote AmyTee:
    Quote Carmen's#1actress: No, because people change. She ONLY blackmailed NE. No one else! She also told Jack that "If you're worried I'm going to blow your cover as the man behind the scenes of Jabot, you can relax." Carmen isn't a bad character. Carmen and Neil really liked eachother. Dru cutting up Carmen's clothes and accosted her made Dru a bad character. Dru was getting out of control. It wasn't Carmen's fault.
    Really?HOW NICE OF A CHARACTER was she to delay Dru's return when she was on a business trip?She had nooo problem pursuing a married man(AND I always say that nobody owns anyone,but please do have a tad bit of restraint?Maybe Dru and Neil had issues w/their marriage that were not directly involving Carmen,but she did not do anything to help out the situation,either)Perhaps Dru was out of line with cutting up Carmen's clothing,BUT....I believe Carmen deserved it...but she didn't deserve to die......

Carmen made a mistake. We all do. And people change. Carmen didn't seem to be the one pursuing Neil. They both have true feelings for eachother. What would Carmen do to help out the situation? Carmen didn't deserve having most of her clothes cut up! Dru never should have done that! Dru was the one out of control! She violated the restraining order! I don't know why everyone hates Carmen! I felt sorry for her because Phyllis was the ONLY one on her side. She felt that Dru was a threat to her, which she was! I understand why she was afraid of Dru after Dru cut up her clothes and accosted her. Carmen was a funny character and made the show more fun and interesting! I wish they would have let her stay longer!

#16   2006/11/29 06:22PM
    nyaccent

It took two to Tango...and there was some kind of chemistry between Neil and Carmen in the beginning....I really thought they were falling for each other and Neil was going to leave Dru for Carmen....

Then....

The writers did a 360....and made Carmen look like she was the one pursuing Neil...and Neil was this innocent creature......not so....

Dru had every right to feel the way she did...but not act the way she acted...

Now to get to the topic....Carmen would have done anything she needed to do to get money......she wouldn't have missed a heartbeat to blackmail, Jack, Brad, Victor, or anyone that she could....She turned out to be EVIL

#17   2006/11/29 07:16PM
    online_mn

I think she would have...or maybe already had blackmailed Jack. She seems she would exercise all her options.

1. Her previous employer paid her off to drop a harrassment lawsuit.

2. She was extorting Newman enterprises

3. She probably would accept a buyout to drop charges on Dru.

4. She may have already blackmailed Brad of his past and the reliquary

5. She may have already blackmailed Jack about his ownership of Jabot

All that equals lots on money...what a greedy woman! She may have Gloria beat.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/29 07:17PM
    #18   2006/11/29 07:19PM
    Carmen's#1ac...

Quote online_mn: I think she would have...or maybe already had blackmailed Jack. She seems she would exercise all her options.

1. Her previous employer paid her off to drop a harrassment lawsuit.

2. She was extorting Newman enterprises

3. She probably would accept a buyout to drop charges on Dru.

4. She may have already blackmailed Brad of his past and the reliquary

5. She may have already blackmailed Jack about his ownership of Jabot

All that equals lots on money...what a greedy woman! She may have Gloria beat.

People change. She told Jack she wouldn't blow his cover as the man behind the scenes of Jabot. Carmen isn't a bad character. Dru was the one acting out of control!

#19   2006/11/29 07:24PM
    online_mn

I agree. I liked Carmen when she first came aboard. She was classy and professional. It seemed after her fling with Jack was going nowhere...they decided to end her contract and create a murder mystery. She then took on a whole new identity...but to her credit she didn't commit any crimes unlike some regulars who are adored(Feelus).

She would have been a nice addition to the show. I'm yet to see a primary hispanic character.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/29 07:26PM
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list