List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Did anyone watch today's show???

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Did anyone watch today's show???

Started by glowery at 2006/11/27 08:19PM
    Latest post: 2006/12/05 06:15AM, Views: 2417, Replies: 64
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2006/11/30 07:25AM
    Re: Did anyone watch today's show???
    suegery

Quote AmyTee:
    Quote glowery: I thought Nikki was great when she told Sharon we hired you to look good not voice your opinions. I mean I laughed out loud when she said that.
    Well,that's pretty sad when a company doesn't give a hoot about image,and the total emphasis is about how a person looks....I thought Nikki was more intelligent than that-was she trying to be funny?(well,I guess we all do forget Nikki was a 'DANCER'-she was paid to look good-her image was to sell sex-is that what she is getting at?)

What was about business, please explain? They were 4 women having a conversation and with Phyllis there who is so ignorant it got out of hand.

Sharon was great at letting them all looking as if they were complety stunt.

Sharon is a spoke person and it takes much more brains that you might think to be one. She not only have to look good but also be able to speak so that she draws the public to the product she is trying to sell.

You should try being in the public eye. Beleive me its far more of a task than being behind a computer.

Look at Kevin all he's doing is hacking into people's business ilegally. I guess his only level of competance is trying not to get caught and end up in jail where I think he should be.

#22   2006/11/30 07:26AM
    suegery

Sorry I wanted to add this post with Glowery

#23   2006/11/30 07:48AM
    glowery

Quote suegery: Sorry I wanted to add this post with Glowery

Okay first off, check the date that thread was started, the comment I mentioned from Nikki to Sharon was in the office and it was about business. Others that attributed to the thread took it out of the office.

Second, I have worked in the public my entire working life. I have been a hairstylist for 36 years and if you don't think that is not about image and style you are sadly mistaken.

I have worked with people who have used models to put together styling books, and have worked with photographers doing hair and make-up for pictures. If soaps, even though they are fictional, wrote anything that even slightly resembled real life, then everyone would know that once a model has signed a release form, she has given up her rights to have any say about those pictures. A photographer may let the model look at the thumbnails out of courtesy, but that is it. The only ones that have any say which pictures will be used is the marketing department and editors depending if the photos are used in print, website, or TV commercials.

Nothing against Sharon at all, but for the writers to present where Sharon has any say about the pictures, or the marketing of the products, with her position only being spokesperson/model just shows they no nothing about how marketing and ad campaingns actually work.

The reason Phylliss should have her say is because she is the marketing expert for the business.

I am sure this is going to cause a hailstorm, but so be it. Anyone who has any knowledge in business would agree, and those who don't have a clue about business won't.

But that is okay, everyone is entitled.

#24   2006/11/30 07:58AM
    Shys

Quote AmyTee:
    Quote glowery: I thought Nikki was great when she told Sharon we hired you to look good not voice your opinions. I mean I laughed out loud when she said that.
    Well,that's pretty sad when a company doesn't give a hoot about image,and the total emphasis is about how a person looks....I thought Nikki was more intelligent than that-was she trying to be funny?(well,I guess we all do forget Nikki was a 'DANCER'-she was paid to look good-her image was to sell sex-is that what she is getting at?)

Good post amy, i agree with ya. To me a spokesperson and just a model are 2 different things. Model doesn't speak, just poses. Spokes person has to speak to the public and with the companies that are interested in NVP products. I don't think a spa needs the image of a underware add, it should be a classy yet down to earth atmosphere.

#25   2006/11/30 08:57AM
    heart and soul

Quote Shys:
    Quote AmyTee:

Good post amy, i agree with ya. To me a spokesperson and just a model are 2 different things. Model doesn't speak, just poses. Spokes person has to speak to the public and with the companies that are interested in NVP products. I don't think a spa needs the image of a underware add, it should be a classy yet down to earth atmosphere.

A spokesperson should have the poise and intelligence to speak for the company she is representing. She conveys what the company does and is. If she/or he does not represnet the co. is a postive way then it reflects back on the co.

#26   2006/11/30 09:01AM
    glowery

This is true but it still does not mean the spokesmodel has any power over to make decisions on marketing. She learns a script, delivers it to the best of her ability and that is the end of her job. But the pictures were about modeling, there is no voice in still shots.

#27   2006/11/30 09:05AM
    Shys

Quote glowery: This is true but it still does not mean the spokesmodel has any power over to make decisions on marketing. She learns a script, delivers it to the best of her ability and that is the end of her job. But the pictures were about modeling, there is no voice in still shots.

I think it would have been easier to argue this point if phyllis didn't interupt the shoot. If she would of left sharon to pose, then i can see sharon not putting her 2 cents in. Since she interupted, i am sure sharon feels phyllis is picking the sleezy ones to embarass sharon.

#28   2006/11/30 09:53AM
    malnickkdh

Yeah Phyllis was in charge of the shoot. Sharon just asked Jack to tag along. I don't know why Nick was there. For Phyllis I guess. But Sharon wouldn't have any say in the real world.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list