List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.

Started by patty34 at 2006/11/22 08:03AM
    Latest post: 2007/01/11 05:17PM, Views: 6014, Replies: 205
    « 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:
    #181   2007/01/09 06:40AM
    Re: MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.
    KeepingItReal

Quote suegery: I guess we all have our opinions about names.

Personnaly I think everyone's true identity is the name you were given at birth.

So very true and AMEN to that!

Phyllis has no right asking her to change her name regardless or where they work. She's way out of line!

#182   2007/01/09 07:58AM
    Re: MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.
    lestress

Exactly, suegery. I do genealogy and each woman is listed under her maiden name.

#183   2007/01/09 10:23AM
    Darkfairiesi...

Quote Shys: Well maybe sharon should do like madonna or cher and just use the name "sharon" until phyllis desides what sharons last name should be?? I really think since nick and phyllis arnt legally married she shouldnt be so snotty about being a newman because shes not.

You know a lot of people are doing that but try to keep in mind that Phyllis never say hey Sharon go back to your maiden name. What I say it is my opinion that I think it is stupid if woman use their married name when they get remarried. But mom still use her married name for some things and then her new name for other things. Don't know if makes sense but she been married twice. suegery I do agree with you but that doesn't mean that Sharon should go back to her maiden name. Even if Phyllis makes her still Sharon still won't do it and I bet that Nick will back up Sharon on that one. As far am I concerned Phyllis said that to justified her opening the package. I know her marriage is not legal to Nick but still she is with Nick regardless of anything and it won't be long until they get remarried or break up.

#184   2007/01/09 12:09PM
    Shys

Ohhhh ok I understand what your saying now. Your right darkfairies it would be kinda silly to remarry and keep your ex-hubbys name. I am sorry because i must of read your post wrong and didnt understand it.

#185   2007/01/09 01:04PM
    suegery

Why would it be silly to remarry and keep your former spouse's name?

I don't undestand why not, many a spouse have chosen to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

#186   2007/01/09 01:15PM
    Darkfairiesi...

Quote suegery: Why would it be silly to remarry and keep your former spouse's name?

I don't undestand why not, many a spouse have chosen to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

Well even though my mother said that she could but people aren't married to the name. She was married to Nick and now she is not. And I think that she is still holding on to him and the Newmans but I think that it would be better if she still keep the Newman when it comes to like Noah and things that was brought when they were married like the house even if she got remarried. But here is a thought with if she is remarried like 5 times to 5 different men and that all had different last name does she want it to be Sharon Collins Newman Chow Korbel Kaplan. Get the joke! But it should be when she gets married she takes the guy last name and it seems to be if she has Newman then she won't do that.

#187   2007/01/09 02:06PM
    lestress

Quote suegery: Why would it be silly to remarry and keep your former spouse's name?

You might be known prefessionally under your ex husband's name and involved in a business where name recognition was important. If so it would be in your best interest to retain the use of your first husband's name in business affairs.

#188   2007/01/09 03:33PM
    nyaccent

If I remarried, I wouldn't want to keep my former spouses name....I am keeping it right now to pizz him off but for no other reason....

#189   2007/01/09 03:38PM
    suegery

Quote nyaccent:

If I remarried, I wouldn't want to keep my former spouses name....I am keeping it right now to pizz him off but for no other reason....

We all have our reasons for doing things. That's great.

#190   2007/01/09 04:05PM
    Darkfairiesi...

Quote lestress:

You might be known prefessionally under your ex husband's name and involved in a business where name recognition was important. If so it would be in your best interest to retain the use of your first husband's name in business affairs.

So because the Newman name means something that Sharon can be ambitious and go places if she keeps the name Newman no matter how many times she gets married. But I wonder if she is going to do it for Noah. For Noah is not stupid and will know that his parents are divorce and that happens then it is like his parents will never get back together. I know that because I felt the same way. And it is amazing how Noah loves Summer and actually like Phyllis but Phyllis is not a replace for Sharon in Noah eyes no matter if Noah likes her or not. But if Sharon remarried then all she can do is keep a frienship with Nick for Noah sake.

« 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list