List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.

Started by patty34 at 2006/11/22 08:03AM
    Latest post: 2007/01/11 05:17PM, Views: 6333, Replies: 205
    « 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:
    #171   2007/01/08 11:57AM
    Re: MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.
    Darkfairiesi...

Quote suegery: A person who legally changes their name to their spouses' name at marriage has every right to keep this name even after she/he divorces and remarries.

I disagree about that and it has nothing to do with Sharon. For she was married to Nick and she change her name to Newman but she is divorce and she can keep that name until she remarries if she doesn't marry Nick which that is a possiblity that I am not disputing. But Newman is not her maiden name and that is why I think this and it has nothing to do with them.

#172   2007/01/08 12:30PM
    Re: MISSING THE POINT. PHYLLIS WANTS SHARON TO USE HER MAIDEN NAME AT THE OFFICE.
    suegery

Quote DarkfairiesinTrinity:
    Quote suegery: A person who legally changes their name to their spouses' name at marriage has every right to keep this name even after she/he divorces and remarries.

I disagree about that and it has nothing to do with Sharon. For she was married to Nick and she change her name to Newman but she is divorce and she can keep that name until she remarries if she doesn't marry Nick which that is a possiblity that I am not disputing. But Newman is not her maiden name and that is why I think this and it has nothing to do with them.

Go to a web site and look up the legality of a name.

Once you've change your name by marriage it is yours to keep as long as you wish even if you remarry.

Sharon can do what she wants and that also goes for everyone in GC. This is not a reality show.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/08 12:34PM
    #173   2007/01/08 05:20PM
    Shys

Mostly women with kids keep the married name at least until they remarry. I think it would be kinda silly while sharon is single to go back to her maiden name while her son is noah newman. Besides her being a model, she is known as sharon newman.

#174   2007/01/08 05:28PM
    lestress

Good point shys.

#175   2007/01/08 05:35PM
    Shys

Thanks lestress, Now days you can legally change your name to anything you want to. I have a friend that kept her maiden name after she got married. Her hubby wasnt to thrilled about it but thats what she wanted. Now her lil boy has her hubby last name and she has a different last name, makes no sense to me.

#176   2007/01/08 05:39PM
    lestress

Some women combine their maiden and married names

#177   2007/01/08 05:48PM
    Shys

Quote lestress: Some women combine their maiden and married names

I guess it helps them keep their own identity huh.

#178   2007/01/08 06:09PM
    Darkfairiesi...

Quote suegery:

Go to a web site and look up the legality of a name.

Once you've change your name by marriage it is yours to keep as long as you wish even if you remarry.

Sharon can do what she wants and that also goes for everyone in GC. This is not a reality show.

Yes for it is not a reality show however I don't agree that Sharon has her last name even if she remarries and I rather not because I am better things to do and still won't change my opinion of Sharon. Well my mother said that she can keep her married name even that she is remarried but still I think that it is stupid. But I tend to disagree with a lot. But my mother is not part of my dad family when I am like Noah in this situation so that is how I based my opinions on. And I think that if she does that then she is still holding on to Nick. I mean do you want Phyllis to keep the last name Abbott if Nick and Sharon marriage was legal.

#179   2007/01/09 02:57AM
    Shys

Well maybe sharon should do like madonna or cher and just use the name "sharon" until phyllis desides what sharons last name should be?? I really think since nick and phyllis arnt legally married she shouldnt be so snotty about being a newman because shes not.

#180   2007/01/09 06:00AM
    suegery

I guess we all have our opinions about names.

Personnaly I think everyone's true identity is the name you were given at birth.

« 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list