List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Posting Techincal issues.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Posting Techincal issues.

Started by masked avenger at 2008/03/16 08:33AM
    Latest post: 2008/03/17 11:14AM, Views: 1150, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2008/03/17 08:33AM
    Re: Posting Techincal issues.
    Eppy

Quote TimsGal:
    Quote Eppy:
    Quote shagans:
    Quote Eppy: Try this: Go to Start, then go to run, then type in Prefetch, then go to edit, then 'select all', then to 'delete all'. There's a lot of 'garbage' that builds up that needs cleaned out - may make you run a little faster too!

OK I am so DUMB when it comes to computers I just learned to cut and paste from my son I know dont laugh to hard but when you say go to start where are you talking about? Sorry for the question.I know it is a dumb one but like I always told my boys how will you learn if you dont ask
    Okay. Start is in the lower lefthand corner. When you click on 'start' and the listing pops up, there will be a place that says 'run' - click on that and a window will pop up. Then in the window, type the word 'prefetch' and then click on 'okay'. Then a new window will pop up and then click on the word 'edit' A page will come on showing a whole bunch of stuff. Click on 'select all' and next, click on the word 'delete'. Everything will vanish and you will just go on about your regular business.

I am totally tech-challanged what does this delete, everything or just garbage?
    No, it only deletes the garbage - it does not affect anything else.

#22   2008/03/17 08:35AM
    shagans

I am told windows but I have no run or programs words on their. Sorry I feel real dumb

#23   2008/03/17 08:36AM
    Snizzle

Quote shagans: I am told windows but I have no run or programs words on their. Sorry I feel real dumb

U got Windows Vista Shagans?

#24   2008/03/17 08:41AM
    shagans

OK I got all the way to prefetch and it brought up a box that said 131 files and they werent in human words but Ididnt see select all

#25   2008/03/17 08:42AM
    TimsGal

Quote Eppy:
    Quote TimsGal:
    Quote Eppy:
    Quote shagans:
    Quote Eppy: Try this: Go to Start, then go to run, then type in Prefetch, then go to edit, then 'select all', then to 'delete all'. There's a lot of 'garbage' that builds up that needs cleaned out - may make you run a little faster too!

OK I am so DUMB when it comes to computers I just learned to cut and paste from my son I know dont laugh to hard but when you say go to start where are you talking about? Sorry for the question.I know it is a dumb one but like I always told my boys how will you learn if you dont ask
    Okay. Start is in the lower lefthand corner. When you click on 'start' and the listing pops up, there will be a place that says 'run' - click on that and a window will pop up. Then in the window, type the word 'prefetch' and then click on 'okay'. Then a new window will pop up and then click on the word 'edit' A page will come on showing a whole bunch of stuff. Click on 'select all' and next, click on the word 'delete'. Everything will vanish and you will just go on about your regular business.

I am totally tech-challanged what does this delete, everything or just garbage?
    No, it only deletes the garbage - it does not affect anything else.

Thank You I'll try it. I never have trouble posting but sometimes my 'puter is very slow.

#26   2008/03/17 08:46AM
    Eppy

Quote shagans: OK I got all the way to prefetch and it brought up a box that said 131 files and they werent in human words but Ididnt see select all
    Okay - go to the very top and you'll see the word 'edit'. Click on that and then the words "select all" will pop up. Click that, and then another list will popup... go to the words 'delete file' and you're done.

#27   2008/03/17 08:49AM
    Eppy

Once you have completed this process, you may want to do this quite often, couple times a week at least. But, you won't have to type 'prefetch' anymore because it will remain in the window.

#28   2008/03/17 08:51AM
    Snizzle

Quote shagans: OK I got all the way to prefetch and it brought up a box that said 131 files and they werent in human words but Ididnt see select all

ok so u found it then..i was wondering if u had vista since u couldnt find the RUN

#29   2008/03/17 08:54AM
    shagans

I DID IT I am big girl now I humbly bow to the masters THANK YOU from the bottom of my little heart

#30   2008/03/17 08:58AM
    Eppy

You are only too welcome! Congrats!! Hey, I'm still learning stuff every day.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list