List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Posting Techincal issues.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Posting Techincal issues.

Started by masked avenger at 2008/03/16 08:33AM
    Latest post: 2008/03/17 11:14AM, Views: 1041, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2008/03/17 08:04AM
    Re: Posting Techincal issues.
    StaceyT

Quote masked avenger: I'm not sure if anybody else has encountered this, but there seems to be some issues with posting. Some techincal issues, in which you can't post at all. Are others encountering this? Red titled light pops up about posting at a later date. Anybody else encountering this?

There seems to be a problem with aol and the site, I cant stay logged in to post or when I do post it tells me I have to be logged in (when I was logged in to start with). Very annoying

Anyway, I am using my explorer and its working fine.

might have something to do with the pop ups, or security settings

#12   2008/03/17 08:08AM
    Eppy

Try this: Go to Start, then go to run, then type in Prefetch, then go to edit, then 'select all', then to 'delete all'. There's a lot of 'garbage' that builds up that needs cleaned out - may make you run a little faster too!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/03/17 08:09AM
    #13   2008/03/17 08:10AM
    StaceyT

Quote Eppy: Try this: Go to Start, then go to run, then type in Prefetch, then go to edit, then to delete all. There's a lot of 'garbage' that builds up that needs cleaned out - may make you run a little faster too!

I clean the prefetch everyday found that little tidbit in the lounge several months ago AOL is acting funky lately, but they just went to a new version, so guess they have to fish out the bugs

#14   2008/03/17 08:15AM
    shagans

Quote Eppy: Try this: Go to Start, then go to run, then type in Prefetch, then go to edit, then 'select all', then to 'delete all'. There's a lot of 'garbage' that builds up that needs cleaned out - may make you run a little faster too!

OK I am so DUMB when it comes to computers I just learned to cut and paste from my son I know dont laugh to hard but when you say go to start where are you talking about? Sorry for the question.I know it is a dumb one but like I always told my boys how will you learn if you dont ask

#15   2008/03/17 08:19AM
    StaceyT

Quote shagans:
    Quote Eppy: Try this: Go to Start, then go to run, then type in Prefetch, then go to edit, then 'select all', then to 'delete all'. There's a lot of 'garbage' that builds up that needs cleaned out - may make you run a little faster too!

OK I am so DUMB when it comes to computers I just learned to cut and paste from my son I know dont laugh to hard but when you say go to start where are you talking about? Sorry for the question.I know it is a dumb one but like I always told my boys how will you learn if you dont ask

The lower left of your screen, on the bar that has your clock on the right, the start (green) is on the left better to ask and know then not ask and wonder

#16   2008/03/17 08:22AM
    Eppy

Quote shagans:

Okay. Start is in the lower lefthand corner. When you click on 'start' and the listing pops up, there will be a place that says 'run' - click on that and a window will pop up. Then in the window, type the word 'prefetch' and then click on 'okay'. Then a new window will pop up and then click on the word 'edit' A page will come on showing a whole bunch of stuff. Click on 'select all' and next, click on the word 'delete'. Everything will vanish and you will just go on about your regular business.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/03/17 08:24AM
    #17   2008/03/17 08:24AM
    shagans

Quote StaceyT:
    Quote shagans:

The lower left of your screen, on the bar that has your clock on the right, the start (green) is on the left better to ask and know then not ask and wonder

THANK YOU since you have been so kind would you mind one more question I did that but I dont see the word run is it inside one of the other words I see a list but no run Thank you for your patience with this novice

#18   2008/03/17 08:27AM
    Eppy

Quote shagans:
    Quote StaceyT:
    Quote shagans:

THANK YOU since you have been so kind would you mind one more question I did that but I dont see the word run is it inside one of the other words I see a list but no run Thank you for your patience with this novice
    Are you operating on Windows or Mac? If you are windows, the word 'run' should be at the bottom of the listing.

#19   2008/03/17 08:27AM
    StaceyT

Quote shagans:
    Quote StaceyT:
    Quote shagans:

Depends on what version your running, I am using xp so it is right up from start, you may have to go to start - programs (look for it there) or in your accesories.

#20   2008/03/17 08:30AM
    TimsGal

Quote Eppy:
    Quote shagans:

Okay. Start is in the lower lefthand corner. When you click on 'start' and the listing pops up, there will be a place that says 'run' - click on that and a window will pop up. Then in the window, type the word 'prefetch' and then click on 'okay'. Then a new window will pop up and then click on the word 'edit' A page will come on showing a whole bunch of stuff. Click on 'select all' and next, click on the word 'delete'. Everything will vanish and you will just go on about your regular business.

I am totally tech-challanged what does this delete, everything or just garbage?

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list