List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Oh, I was sooo wrong about Adam...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Oh, I was sooo wrong about Adam...

Started by FridaMonkey at 2008/03/15 12:32PM
    Latest post: 2008/03/17 06:58AM, Views: 1553, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2008/03/16 01:54PM
    Re: Oh, I was sooo wrong about Adam...
    Soulsistah

Well that certainly would make sense. After all, Victor won't be around forever And Adam is his son and his character coming on the scene is perfectly timed to add some drama into the Newman family.

I just don't want to see him rise to the top of the NE empire ahead of Victoria (who's always been loyal to Newman), or even Nick - who I think one day will be back in the fold.

#32   2008/03/16 01:59PM
    FridaMonkey

Imagine the day that Victor Newman won't be around anymore? omg, will Y&R survive? That is why I think they are going to put huge efforts into making sure that Adam starts to make strides in his subtle takeover. This guy is absolutely ruthless and when his girlfriend comes to town, she may take up with Jt or Nick just to burn us up.

#33   2008/03/16 02:03PM
    Soulsistah

I just can't imagine Victor not being on the Y&R. He IS the Y&R. I hope he's on for years to come. As for Adam, yup, there is definitely a lot of storylines in store for him, it seems.

#34   2008/03/16 03:59PM
    Applepiemommy

I love the characterization of Adam! Sure, he's wet behind the ears, and shows the small town sensibilities of someone who has envied money his whole life. He's greedy, "roostery" (couldn't post the other word), and sneaky, and very, very driven. This makes him JUST like Victor.

I love his interaction with Victor. The little "who can work more hours" contest is fun to watch. After all that intesity, it's good to see Victor smile again.

Think about it. Eric Braedon is going to have to leave Y&R eventually. (Perish the thought!) He is 65. (Awfully hot for a senior citizen, don't ya think?) My bet is that the writers are going to grow Adam's character over time so that Y&R will have a nice villain to fall back on when Eric B. leaves.

#35   2008/03/16 05:49PM
    FridaMonkey

Absolutely hit the nail on the cabeza! Adam is the next Victor Newman (figuratively AND literally). The soap needs to attract (or addict) younger viewers ergo the online magazine and the constant references to "edgy" this and "edgy" that. Of course Amber will become the next Vera Wang and inherit Mrs C's money (she will make sure) and she will blow The Bold & the Beautiful's fashion houses away...and Jill will be her nemesis... I think that eventually Amber and Jana will become fashion mogul enemies.

#36   2008/03/16 06:57PM
    thedeb

The problem is going to be that Adam is too arrogant to know when to stop. He's already challenged Victor and Victor has humored him because he sees him as a "chip off the old block". But sooner or later Adam will go too far and we all know what happens to people who step on Victor's toes, blood relation or not.

#37   2008/03/16 07:29PM
    FridaMonkey

But when Adam come through with shining colors and makes a ton of dough for NE; then Victor will truly see himself in Adam and actually know that NE will be in good hands in the future; he will confirm that he is his father's son to Victor's glowing pride. Nikki will end up a complete loser with David and Phyllis will eventually cheat on Nick too because she is also attracted to power.

#38   2008/03/17 05:52AM
    momajenny

Quote BBBMANAGEMENT: SEEMS , to me Adam, envies, Victoria, and Nick, because, they grew, up wealthy...Not, only does he want to undermine, Victors, children...But I believe, he wants the whole thing...He wants Victor out too. Revenge, is his life. To pull down, all of them, for Victor, ignoring him , all these years. He wants Nicks wife too...and Phyllis, is playing into his hands...Adam..probably , already knew, who Phyllis, was, before, he came to town. I believe, he knew, about ALL OF THEM, before, he came to town..His jealousy is sticking out all over the place. I HOPE VICTOR, finds out ,and , lowers the boom, on him..I don't like, Adam ,he is too sneaky..and the way he picks and chooses his words.BELIEVE,me ,He has an agenda !!!

I agree with you on all points except the first sentence. I don't think adam envies the other newman children because they grew up wealthy. I don't think he envies them so much as he sees it as a fault for them. He thinks that you aren't proven as a good business person unless you started from nothing. He has even commented to Victor that he started out poor also and that's something they have in common. But I do think he is out to bring them down. But not for the same reason's you think.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2008/03/17 05:55AM
    #39   2008/03/17 06:58AM
    boldbeautiful

Vic Jr. has this passive-aggressive nonsense going on. He is VERY sneaky. I don't like the way that he's changing things behind Vicky's back. He's a really competent ass-kisser, I'll give him that. He's certainly got Victor snowed.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list