List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!

Started by BeenThere at 2008/02/28 04:14PM
    Latest post: 2008/03/01 05:39AM, Views: 1704, Replies: 75
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #51   2008/02/29 04:31PM
    Re: Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!
    pdames4

Was the actor who played the attorney that dated Jill a Native? His name was John Silver I think.

#52   2008/02/29 04:50PM
    Delilah127

Quote pdames4: Was the actor who played the attorney that dated Jill a Native? His name was John Silver I think.

John Silva, hmm, you know I think he was.

#53   2008/02/29 06:46PM
    Eppy

It was John Silva. There are many Silva's in my area and many are Portugeese. However, many of Mexican Heritage are Mexico or Central America Indian and Spanish. I believe Miguel would fall in that category.

#54   2008/02/29 07:03PM
    gommie

Quote SndrElkins:
    Quote Snizzle:
    Quote SndrElkins:
    Quote Snizzle: i didnt say he was a horrible actor...i said his character is lame and i hope that they will do more for him...he seems very naked without Dru. I responded to your post saying that it seemed i was against AA's

He does seem lame without Dru.However i love Neil.damn talk about hott.But i would love to see Natives on soaps for a change.I like all colors like you.But some of the characters drive me nuts,no matter what color they are.

OoOOOooO now that would be good too!!! how come they havent went there yet? unless i missed it with another soap..yep girl...there are lame ones in all colors LOL

I have watched from day one,and i don't think Y&R has ever had natives on the show.Oh well maybe one day Not sure about GL either.Not since i've been watching they haven't.And thats a long time

Natives?? what kind of natives?

#55   2008/02/29 07:35PM
    BeenThere

Sunflower,

Why is it that many people seem to think that clean and good natured humor cannot be genuinely funny, entertaining, and exciting? Well written comedy is neither boring or "a snooze." When I watch soaps I like noticing something of myself in one or a few of the characters. Of course if I were an adulterous, murderous, cheating, two-face person, I'd certainly see part of myself in story, only to laugh at myself. My comment is not meant to be a negative criticism, but a constructive one. I love the show, but it would be nice to lighten it up every once in a while.

#56   2008/02/29 08:58PM
    xx_Jenn_xx

Quote BeenThere: Sunflower,

Why is it that many people seem to think that clean and good natured humor cannot be genuinely funny, entertaining, and exciting? Well written comedy is neither boring or "a snooze." When I watch soaps I like noticing something of myself in one or a few of the characters. Of course if I were an adulterous, murderous, cheating, two-face person, I'd certainly see part of myself in story, only to laugh at myself. My comment is not meant to be a negative criticism, but a constructive one. I love the show, but it would be nice to lighten it up every once in a while.

im gonna reply first to ur starting post...I do agree, I would LOVE to see a sweet, loving, decent, no drama character/couple. One that every1 can admire n look up to.

NOW..for this last post of urs... for me, I dont see myself as any1 on the show, maybe wishing i was Sharon, cuz she got the 3 men on there that i would wanna be with! LOL...seriously tho., I also like the characters like Jana, that r crazy, psycho/serial killer or whatever..but that doesnt make me those things!..jus cuz i LIKE that character or s/l...SO r u sayin that ALL the posters on here that like Phyllis, must be cheaters, psychos, home-wreckers n murderers/convicts? ITZ a SOAP...there has to be DRAMA n EXCITEMENT...along with SOME normalcy as well.

I jus wanted to point out, that altho i do agree with ur original post...i didnt agree with this last one. Jus becuz u look at it in YOUR way, that doesnt mean others look at it the same way that u do. Enjoying a certain s/l or character that may be crazy or bossy or a gold-digger..doesnt mean I or any1 else may see that in themselves.

I wouldnt mind inheriting the Newman or Chancellor fortune LOL...but thats jus a fantasy!

#57   2008/02/29 09:08PM
    MrShadowsgirl

Quote Delilah127: They need a latin familia!

How about Mrs Martinez the Abbott Maid. She's bound to have some kids. Maybe a hot young daughter or son?

Yes Y&R does need some latino familia they are a part of our everyday life now ...bring on the seXy latino men

#58   2008/02/29 09:11PM
    xx_Jenn_xx

Quote MrShadowsgirl:
    Quote Delilah127: They need a latin familia!

How about Mrs Martinez the Abbott Maid. She's bound to have some kids. Maybe a hot young daughter or son?

Yes Y&R does need some latino familia they are a part of our everyday life now ...bring on the seXy latino men

I second that!

#59   2008/02/29 09:14PM
    BeenThere

xx Jenn xx,

Thank you for agreeing with some of my thoughts, but please understand that I do not expect everyone to think the same as I do. I was simply making a comment and voicing the way that "I" felt.

#60   2008/02/29 09:16PM
    pdames4

Quote BeenThere: Sunflower,

We were discussing "soaps" not comedy. I don't think anyone was disputing that any comedy whether clean or not would be funny or otherwise. I may be mistaken, but I think you are missing the issue of the thread because comedy wasn't the nature of the topic. Then again, I could be wrong.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list