List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!

Started by BeenThere at 2008/02/28 04:14PM
    Latest post: 2008/03/01 05:39AM, Views: 1618, Replies: 75
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #31   2008/02/29 10:54AM
    Re: Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!
    Snizzle

sure there would be..karen i think?... and lily..they are black as well...I rather see a well used African American on the show..instead of one that has the same tired s/l's

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2008/02/29 11:00AM
    #32   2008/02/29 10:54AM
    aym0402

IMO, Neil is Vic's "yes man." Victor tells him to jump and Neil says, "how high?" I preferred Nathan (the original w/the Jheri curl) over Neil. Dru was the best thing to happen to Neil; without her, he's dull.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/02/29 11:09AM
    #33   2008/02/29 11:00AM
    Skyrider

Quote Snizzle: sure there would be..karen(isnt her dad van peebles?)i think?... and lily..they are black as well...I rather see a well used African American on the show..instead of one that has the same tired s/l's
    No disrecpet but it sounds like you would prefer . A non African American free show if you ask me ...However I enjoy seeing my people and Neil dose a great job very professional mannor .

#34   2008/02/29 11:02AM
    Snizzle

excuse me....i am black as well....just because we are BLACK doesnt mean we have to put up with BLACKS being used as a minor s/l on a soap and ANYTHING else...just because it's black..dont mean we blacks..gotta like it.

#35   2008/02/29 11:03AM
    pdames4

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote gommie:
    Quote Sunnyflower: I don't really understand what you guys want. The majority of the current characters live good decent lives. Some have done bad things, but people, good people, sometimes do bad things. That is what being human is all about.

I don't see how you guys could have what you want without the character being a major snooze-a-thon.

Good does not bore me sunny- nor put me to sleep -but constant dose's of evil put me in just the worst mood you can imagine. It really screws up my feng shui-THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE IN THE REAL WORLD.... we need some good people in the soap world for balance-Most of these people work over time at one upping the guy sitting next to him.......

Of course there are good people in the world, but those people's sole purpose, unlike the characters on Y&R, isn't to entertain me for 1 hour each day.

I agree with you Sunny. The world is just not Black and White, IMO. There are shades of grey. I would never be able to watch a show that portrayed everybody as squeeky clean. I love Catherine Chancellor. She has not lived her life playing nicey nice all the time and that's why I find her such an interesting character. She is fair, honest when she is dealing with others who are the same and she just exudes wisdom, IMO.
    I read the article on Christian LeBlanc who expressed in detail why he loves the character of Michael Baldwin and I can understand why.
    Everybody makes mistakes and sometimes it takes some longer than others to find their way, but when they do, it just makes it more exciting to me knowing where they came from and how much they've learned. JMO

#36   2008/02/29 11:10AM
    Skyrider

Quote Snizzle: excuse me....i am black as well....just because we are BLACK doesnt mean we have to put up with BLACKS being used as a minor s/l on a soap and ANYTHING else...just because it's black..dont mean we blacks..gotta like it.

Im sorry but Neil Winters is not a horriable actor all I was stating Neil is desent in my opioin ..I thought the thread was ..Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show . And I replied Neil and Karen.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/02/29 11:13AM
    #37   2008/02/29 11:12AM
    Snizzle

i didnt say he was a horrible actor...i said his character is lame and i hope that they will do more for him...he seems very naked without Dru. I responded to your post saying that it seemed i was against AA's

#38   2008/02/29 11:19AM
    cherchezlefemme

Quote Sunnyflower: I don't really understand what you guys want. The majority of the current characters live good decent lives. Some have done bad things, but people, good people, sometimes do bad things. That is what being human is all about.

I don't see how you guys could have what you want without the character being a major snooze-a-thon.

I feel ya sunny, sometimes good people do bad things. Amber has displayed a heart of gold but constantly does things that are just...Wrong! Same is true for Kevin, Daniel, Jack, Phyllis, even Nikki. Even beloved Kay has done her share of dirt.

#39   2008/02/29 11:34AM
    hoosiergirl

Good Point. John Abbott was a decent character. Look what happened to him. He was taken in by a gold digger and ended up dying in the slammer.
    Gina and Lynn were decent characters.They're gone now.
    Tracy Abbott was decent. She also had an inferiority complex because Ashley was slim, smart, and beautiful. Lauren treated her like sh#t. I would like to Tracy come back for a visit and smack the sh#t out of Lauren. She could say that her therapist said she had to deal with her past before moving forward.

#40   2008/02/29 11:40AM
    nikkicat

Paul is a good guy, but the way he's started acting since Heather came to town is kinda sickening. I guess he's trying to get on her good side.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list