List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Help me to understand????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Help me to understand????

Started by phickfanalways at 2008/02/27 12:08PM
    Latest post: 2008/02/29 10:59AM, Views: 1035, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2008/02/27 01:13PM
    Re: Help me to understand????
    KeepingItReal

I hear yah Phick but why not touch it....don't matter what Nick does if he is not of Victor's side Victor is not for it......

Plus you can't take it with yah.....I say touch and enjoy!

Being a man don't mean being a fool....he's already been there already. LOL

#12   2008/02/27 02:32PM
    KBsGirl

Quote phickfanalways: Nick says he wants nothing to do with his father but yet Nick has dipped in his trust fund which his father set up for him, Nick don't have no money of his own? Nick claims he wants his own business and he again is with Jack as well as going to Foresster which Nick knows his dad has done businness with so why is Nick continually using his dad? ALso Nick is real grown now you mean to tell me he can't start a business on his own? He started the coffe houses and was doing great, so again is this a glitch in the story or is it that NIck wants to use his dad? Which I think is wrong, cause where I grew up if you don't like some one you don't like their money or anything else.

I thought Nick got a loan against his trust fund. He's not spending his trust fund. Besides isn't his trust fund his, and his to do with what he wants? Isn't kind of smart to get a loan against it? What doesn't make sense to me is this is a business, Jack and Nick are partners, shouldn't they appy for a loan TOGETHER? Then there would be no need to worry about NIck's trust fund. I just think this is a wasy for the writers to continue to pit father against son! Refresh my memory, what business has Newman had with Forrester? Also, I guess I don't see your point, how Nick is using Victor.

#13   2008/02/27 03:26PM
    Plot-Twister

Nick is capatilizing on his connections of being a Newman. I don't really see any problem with it. Nick is being responsible and trying to fund his dream. He doesn't want other investors telling him what to do. That was the problem he had while he was working for his father.

It is not Nick's fault that he was born into a wealthy family. Victor set up the trust fund for him. Nick can't use it until he is 40. So, he is taking a loan out against it. I don't see a problem with that either. It is a secured loan. In a way, he is using it, but he is using it for what he wants - his dream. It is not like he is borrowing against it for drugs or evil.

When Victor hit him with that line about how he hopes Noah doesn't treat him the way Nick treats him, Nick should have said something like "I'm going to be a supportive father not a absentee dictator". Nick needs to stand up for himself. He does his standing up in a very passive/aggressive way. He ignores his dad, hooks up with Jack etc. He just needs to be more assertive. I think that is what bugs Victor the most - that Nick is more like Nikki.

Now, if the hahvahd graduate, 2nd in his class wanted to open a rag mag, Vic would be all over it, not to mention in it, trying to control it.

#14   2008/02/27 03:37PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Plot-Twister: Nick is capatilizing on his connections of being a Newman. I don't really see any problem with it. Nick is being responsible and trying to fund his dream. He doesn't want other investors telling him what to do. That was the problem he had while he was working for his father.

It is not Nick's fault that he was born into a wealthy family. Victor set up the trust fund for him. Nick can't use it until he is 40. So, he is taking a loan out against it. I don't see a problem with that either. It is a secured loan. In a way, he is using it, but he is using it for what he wants - his dream. It is not like he is borrowing against it for drugs or evil.

When Victor hit him with that line about how he hopes Noah doesn't treat him the way Nick treats him, Nick should have said something like "I'm going to be a supportive father not a absentee dictator". Nick needs to stand up for himself. He does his standing up in a very passive/aggressive way. He ignores his dad, hooks up with Jack etc. He just needs to be more assertive. I think that is what bugs Victor the most - that Nick is more like Nikki.

Now, if the hahvahd graduate, 2nd in his class wanted to open a rag mag, Vic would be all over it, not to mention in it, trying to control it.

What a great post!

#15   2008/02/27 03:38PM
    Plot-Twister

Why thank you! I didn't go to hahvahd, but I still can have opinions.

#16   2008/02/27 03:40PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Plot-Twister: Why thank you! I didn't go to hahvahd, but I still can have opinions.

LOL - me neither, but I know a great post when I see one.

I loved your analysis - A+!

#17   2008/02/27 04:05PM
    colormebadd

Quote Plot-Twister: Nick is capatilizing on his connections of being a Newman. I don't really see any problem with it. Nick is being responsible and trying to fund his dream. He doesn't want other investors telling him what to do. That was the problem he had while he was working for his father.

Excellent Post:

#18   2008/02/27 04:23PM
    Lilamoor

Victor again proved himself as the unsupportive father when he and Nikki were having dinner. He pretty much suggested it was a fault when Nikki said Nick was more like her, whereas Victoria and Vicjr are like their Dad.
    Instead of understanding when Nikki pointed out to him that Nick just wanted his support in what he chose to do, Victor in his usual arrogant manner, shot her down, left the table with the comment that they should have had dinner at seperate tables.
    Yet again he proved he is a father who does not understand unconditional love.
    I believe that he will do anything he can to sabatogue Nick's efforts to be successful because he choosing to work with Jack.
    Victor can not abide anyone who breaks free of his control.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list