List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why is Hope wearing a scarf/muffler?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why is Hope wearing a scarf/muffler?

Started by feronie at 2008/02/12 10:30AM
    Latest post: 2008/02/13 08:04AM, Views: 906, Replies: 16
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2008/02/12 10:20PM
    Re: Why is Hope wearing a scarf/muffler?
    Uggerly

Quote Rquattro: I was kinda wondering the same thing. She has cancer in the pancreas not the thyroid. What gives?

And wouldn't she be strung out on Morphine already? I have seen way to many people go because of Cancer, I am going to be super critical of this one folks.

Tell us Rquattro..I don't understand it .

#12   2008/02/12 10:22PM
    Uggerly

Quote mr.brooks:
    Quote feronie: Does anyone know why she has on a scarf?

ummm she lives in an uninsulated farmhouse in winter and is cold and blind and dying with great hair

Yes, and you forgot, she was wearing jewelry and a fancy blouse. Maybe wanted to look pretty for Vic ,while they told their son the news. That he may be not only very rich, but a new partner in newman?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/02/12 10:23PM
    #13   2008/02/13 07:01AM
    Rquattro

Quote Uggerly:
    Quote Rquattro: I was kinda wondering the same thing. She has cancer in the pancreas not the thyroid. What gives?

And wouldn't she be strung out on Morphine already? I have seen way to many people go because of Cancer, I am going to be super critical of this one folks.

Tell us Rquattro..I don't understand it .

I am not sure how to interpret your question but I am going to assume you are referring to my morphine comment. If so, I have had the honour and priveledge (and yes it is an honour to be welcome and wanted there at the end of one's life to give comfort and love) to witness several very close people to me die of cancer. Some in the hospital, some at home, some in a hospice. In my experience the last 24hrs to 3 days are usually spent in a morphine induced coma.

Although I do understand for the purposes of television and the fact that this is a soap I should allow for creative license; I just think Hope looks way to good to be at the end of her life dying of Pancreatic Cancer.

Getting back on topic I haven't a clue why she'd be wearing the scarf; but I agree with everyone, it looks ridiculous.

#14   2008/02/13 07:04AM
    Rquattro

Quote SusanF: I am assuming the gal who greeted Victor when he came in was one of Hope's hospice workers. In such cases, morphine is monitored carefully...........not just for safety but in order to give maximum relief with minimal side effects.

FYI lots of folks do not get "strung out" on even high doses of morphine. Each body responds differently. In recent years, pain mgt, even end of life, has improved dramaticly.

I have been a chronic, intractable pain patient for 30 years. I am currently on time released morphine as my base med with something else for occassional breakthrough pain.

As for the scar/muffler, I trust it is some sort of gift that a friend gave her. At least that is how I am trying to justify the rather silly looking thing.....a deffinate wardrobe malfunction. Sorry Hope!!!!! You deserve better.

I am sorry you have suffered for 30 years with chronic pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

#15   2008/02/13 07:25AM
    JuSaMi

The woman is dying and needs to be warm up. A scarf is the best thing for her. Your neck is the thing that needs to be covered up to keep you from being cold when you don't feel good.

#16   2008/02/13 08:04AM
    Eppy

Yes, she probably experiences chills and fever alternately. Neck warmth helps with the chills.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list