List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Since When...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Since When...

Started by jmwhite05 at 2008/02/12 08:09AM
    Latest post: 2008/02/13 03:46PM, Views: 4573, Replies: 197
    « 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:
    #161   2008/02/13 01:22PM
    Re: Since When...
    Jake Austin

Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote KeepingItReal: News Alert
    .......bulletin just in

Polls are only as good as those who take then....full stop.

Individuals vote numerous times on those polls just like they post on these boards under numerous names.Pretty pathetic, but then some are rabid about these characters!

And as far a Phyllis taking time off, if you got the address of the blogradio that I put up before the thread was deleted, the interviewer brought up the show being called "Phyllis and the Restless"!!!!

The poll in which i am talking about is a poll where you can only vote once per day. You can't create another username because you don't need a username to vote. It is a fair poll. Soaps In Deph is the name.

So if you vote once per day, how may times are you voting....

Nuff said, they are what they are not realistic and baised.

The fact is, that it is fair and there is no way to say otherwise. You can vote once per day, and if you have enough time you can vote once every day. That sounds fair to me. I don't mind taking 2 seconds out of my life to vote. Especially since it will affect the outcome of the show.

Polls are just for fun.

Plus its not fair if you are the same one voting everyday.

What is fair is they call everyone and did a census and asked questions individually.

The is what you call "propoganda"

They also have another poll where you can oly vote once a week. I think that's fair. I know polls are fun.

#162   2008/02/13 01:23PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote Jake Austin:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    .......bulletin just in

Individuals vote numerous times on those polls just like they post on these boards under numerous names.Pretty pathetic, but then some are rabid about these characters!

And as far a Phyllis taking time off, if you got the address of the blogradio that I put up before the thread was deleted, the interviewer brought up the show being called "Phyllis and the Restless"!!!!

The poll in which i am talking about is a poll where you can only vote once per day. You can't create another username because you don't need a username to vote. It is a fair poll. Soaps In Deph is the name.

So if you vote once per day, how may times are you voting....

Nuff said, they are what they are not realistic and baised.

The fact is, that it is fair and there is no way to say otherwise. You can vote once per day, and if you have enough time you can vote once every day. That sounds fair to me. I don't mind taking 2 seconds out of my life to vote. Especially since it will affect the outcome of the show.

Polls are just for fun.

Plus its not fair if you are the same one voting everyday.

What is fair is they call everyone and did a census and asked questions individually.

The is what you call "propoganda"

They also have another poll where you can oly vote once a week. I think that's fair. I know polls are fun.

The key word is "fun" Jake and that's what they are intended for.

Enjoy!!

#163   2008/02/13 01:29PM
    ILuvNY

Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    .......bulletin just in

Like I said yesterday I've come to realize there are fans and then there are "fanatics".

yup..I have a friend who is a pollster and she said that fans even get around the "you can only vote once" polls. They use other computers, log onto their own with a different user name, etc. to "fool" the poll. Some need to get a life!

#164   2008/02/13 01:31PM
    cherchezlefemme

(cher standing at attention with helmut firmly strapped on) Frankly, I think all these polls and wanna-be-petitions should be banned from this forum.

There! I said it. Look y'all, all these things do is bring out the worse in people and the fan-atics go crazier than they usually are... they serve no good. If they did, Adrienne Leon would be back, Drucilla's character would have been reprised, and how many others? These things just give way to all the bitter folks to vent more negative discontent.

Granted, we all can't be flowers and love all the time, I love a good debate and it's good to disagree. But polls and petitions? I wish the Editor, Ms. Chrissi, would ban them and the crap that breeds them.

Peace!

#165   2008/02/13 01:34PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote cherchezlefemme: (cher standing at attention with helmut firmly strapped on) Frankly, I think all these polls and wanna-be-petitions should be banned from this forum.

There! I said it. Look y'all, all these things do is bring out the worse in people and the fan-atics go crazier than they usually are... they serve no good. If they did, Adrienne Leon would be back, Drucilla's character would have been reprised, and how many others? These things just give way to all the bitter folks to vent more negative discontent.

Granted, we all can't be flowers and love all the time, I love a good debate and it's good to disagree. But polls and petitions? I wish the Editor, Ms. Chrissi, would ban them and the crap that breeds them.

Peace!

Much Luv sista girl!!

I think each and every individual is responsible for their own actions.

If they honestly want to believe in them....so be it....just don't force your opinion on others based on these polls.

#166   2008/02/13 01:39PM
    ILuvNY

Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote cherchezlefemme: (cher standing at attention with helmut firmly strapped on) Frankly, I think all these polls and wanna-be-petitions should be banned from this forum.

Peace!

Much Luv sista girl!!

If they honestly want to believe in them....so be it....just don't force your opinion on others based on these polls.

That's the way I see it. I don't give a rat's butt about polls because I don't EVER trust the results.
    They wouldn't sway me one bit!

#167   2008/02/13 01:41PM
    Candace

Quote Skyrider:
    Quote Candace: I think Sharon and Phyllis becoming friendly is entirely believable. It simply shows acceptance of the situation and maturity - as we've discussed before on the board, both characters have shown a lot of growth recently.

Here's why I think their friendliness is believable - I'm friends with my ex's partner. We got to know one another for the sake of our children and wanting to set a good example for them of how to behave - with kindness and maturity. I am also friendly with my ex - for the same reason.

There are certainly situations in which this type of scenario is impossible, but in many cases it's entirely possible. Don't think it will last on a soap though!! Also, I see what some of you are seeing - that Phyllis and Sharon aren't entirely comfortable around one another all the time.

Hi Candance... I understand what you are saying how getting alone is setting an example for the kids ..It can also say to a child no matter what a person does to you just accept it and remain friend. And in my opioin thats not showing maturity that teaching a person to be a walk over.

As I said in my post, there are many situations where getting along is not feasible, but not every relationship ends because someone does something to someone else. And, even if they did do something to you, the example for the kids is all about the power of forgiveness and rising above - it doesn't mean you forget, or that what they did was ok - just that you're not walking around with loads of anger - it's not healthy!

#168   2008/02/13 01:42PM
    cherchezlefemme

Quote KeepingItReal:

Peace!

Much Luv sista girl!!

uh huh uh huh... Yes Maam...It's like voting in an election. Just cuz One Person likes what one candidate says, doesn't make it right that person to stand in front of the polling place on their soap box claiming that their choice is the best choice and only one for everyone. Be democratic and allow individuals to share their opinion and have their choice..... I don't understand those that want to go to war over these things....It's kinda dumb.. Ya know?

#169   2008/02/13 01:44PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote cherchezlefemme:
    Quote KeepingItReal:

Peace!

Much Luv sista girl!!

uh huh uh huh... Yes Maam...It's like voting in an election. Just cuz One Person likes what one candidate says, doesn't make it right that person to stand in front of the polling place on their soap box claiming that their choice is the best choice and only one for everyone. Be democratic and allow individuals to share their opinion and have their choice..... I don't understand those that want to go to war over these things....It's kinda dumb.. Ya know?

You know it!

Now that's debating.

#170   2008/02/13 01:44PM
    Candace

Ok! The last three pages are about polls - not the topic of the thread, which is Sharon and Phyllis being friendly. Let's keep with the subject at hand or move on...

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list