List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: spoiler! abbott mansion!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

spoiler! abbott mansion!

Started by soapoperapimp at 2008/01/17 10:01PM
    Latest post: 2008/01/22 01:22PM, Views: 4513, Replies: 104
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #91   2008/01/22 08:10AM
    Re: spoiler! abbott mansion!
    KeepingItReal

Quote Soulsistah: I'm just praying that if the current lead writers Josh Griffin and Maria Arena Bell are kept on after the strike, that they stop toting the LML-led storylines and just totally eradicate any vestige of her nonsensical, ridiculous, one-sided storylines! Out with the old - all of it, and in with new, believeable stories.

Keep hope alive, cause this twisted one side plot got to end. The show will not survive the way it's going.......I'm sure quite a few have "tuned out".

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/01/22 08:10AM
    #92   2008/01/22 09:08AM
    SHAWTY777

this colud be a very good story line.Jack an Gloria together along w/Sharon an Jefferey. Gloria could be trying to kill Jefferey and some how sharon finds out an then Gloria tries to get rid of sharon, an Brad/Jack finds out an all H#$$ breaks loose.Brad slowly turns to his dark side an try to protect sharon .while jack is argueing w/Micheal about his mother an her maniuplative way's.mean while Gloria goes to Jana an ask her to do a favor.(get rid of sharon)or get rid of Brad.In the end the abbott mansion has burned down with Gloria.Jeffery an Jana inside.(who did it) BRAD!!!! (JUST A THOUGHT)...

#93   2008/01/22 09:10AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Soulsistah: It doesn't really matter if the estate has devalued or not -what ever it's worth at the time of distribution, that's what she gets: half of the estate, which doesn't translate to half of the Abbot home, if there was no stipulation in the original will. If the writers let her take the Abbot home I'm gonna lose it! Just the thought of this skanky witch contaminating the Abbot home any more than she already has it just too much to even think about!!

I don't think that is correct. When a will is contested, typically the assets of the estate are frozen to prevent one party from liquidating everything and leaving nothing left for potential distribution. In this case, Jack is going to settle with her and that will be what he has to pay, rather than the value of 1/2 of the estate on that date.

The only way I can see the Abbot home coming into play is if they (the kids) don't have enough cash to cover her half and the mansion then gets used for collateral.

Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out soon enough I guess.

#94   2008/01/22 09:13AM
    KeepingItReal

John left 1/2 of what he owned the house is the kids not Horia's.

Tracy, Billy, Ashley should all come back and fight Gloworm and her gangsta sons.

Plus, they were never "legally" married.

Anyway don't like her and she makes other golddiggers look bad.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/01/22 09:13AM
    #95   2008/01/22 09:15AM
    Eppy

And, she's given 'snakes' a bad name!!

#96   2008/01/22 09:17AM
    Sunnyflower

I understand that John left the house to the kids. I'm just trying to guess why she gets to live there given the will was very specific about it.

The judge might order a lien on the house until they come up with the balance owing to Gloria or something like that. It's just like when you delare bankruptcy - you can't not pay your bills and keep living in a mansion.

#97   2008/01/22 09:18AM
    Soulsistah

I'm not sure about U.S. inheritance laws, but barring the will being contested (in which case, yes, the assets would be frozen), if the original will states Glo is to get half of the estate, but not the Abbot home, I still don't see what the valuation of the estate has anything to do with it. If there was an estimated value placed on it at the time the will was written (an approximation of $ she should get), then I could see the Abbot mansion coming into play to potentially cover the deficit. But there was no indication of that, from what I remember.

We'll definitely see what the writers do with this because I just don't see why Gloria would be entitled to part of the Abbot home.

#98   2008/01/22 09:23AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Soulsistah: I'm not sure about U.S. inheritance laws, but barring the will being contested (in which case, yes, the assets would be frozen), if the original will states Glo is to get half of the estate, but not the Abbot home, I still don't see what the valuation of the estate has anything to do with it. If there was an estimated value placed on it at the time the will was written (an approximation of $ she should get), then I could see the Abbot mansion coming into play to potentially cover the deficit. But there was no indication of that, from what I remember.

We'll definitely see what the writers do with this because I just don't see why Gloria would be entitled to part of the Abbot home.

LOL! This is getting complicated, hey?

I'm just trying to give the writers some benefit of the doubt and leave them some wriggle room to make this plausible.

But really, I am with everyone else. Overall, I think it is stupid and horrible.

#99   2008/01/22 09:27AM
    Soulsistah

Yeah, my opinion is coming from a Cdn. inheritance law perspective, so don't know if it applies to Wisconsin law...

But, you're right...when all is said and done, this s/l is just stupid. Glo-hag deserves nothing! The writers better think carefully about giving this she-devil anything more than she's already scandalously accrued.

#100   2008/01/22 10:29AM
    suegerry

This monster deserves to go to jail.......end of her story......diminish this bug to nothing

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list