List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: New Actors age discrepancies are ridiculous

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

New Actors age discrepancies are ridiculous

Started by MomAtHome at 2014/08/24 10:57AM
    Latest post: 2014/09/30 08:47AM, Views: 5104, Replies: 45
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2014/08/24 10:57AM
    New Actors age discrepancies are ridiculous
    MomAtHome

I understand that yes sometimes actors need to replaced... but COME ON!!! The new Billy... ridiculous. I like the guy as an actor and he plays the part fine... but he's old. I just looked and now the new Adam... he looks like he just graduated from high school. I haven't seen the new Phylis with her eyes open and speaking so can't say for sure... There are thousands of actors out there who are looking for work... why do they always have to find someone from another soap? Okay I'm not ranting.

#2   2014/08/24 11:12AM
    Re: New Actors age discrepancies are ridiculous
    Galazz

The Mariah story is even worse. If Cassie were alive she would be about 33 years old! Cassie is at least 10 years older than Noah. But now they look about the same age. And both Mariah and Noah are many years older than Summer. The ages are ridiculous.

#3   2014/08/24 11:23AM
    twocentsworth

Quote Galazz: The Mariah story is even worse. If Cassie were alive she would be about 33 years old! Cassie is at least 10 years older than Noah. But now they look about the same age. And both Mariah and Noah are many years older than Summer. The ages are ridiculous.

Faith will probably be a teen by next year and wanting her driver's license...

#4   2014/08/24 11:36AM
    xseannax

Yeah they are playing around with ages a bit, but some of it is how old the actor LOOKS not their real age. BM and DT virtually the same age, BJ just a bit older. But there is night and day difference on how old the actors look. NuAdam is almost the same age as MM, but I agree he looks younger. But Adam should be younger, and I think the new actor looks age appropriate for how old Adam should be. GT is 8 years younger than MS, and there has been much debate over how old Phyllis should really be, but I don't think she is that far off. MS may have looked a few years too old, GT a few years too young for how old Phyllis "should be". To get actors that can fill the roles I'm ok with the age skewing a little bit. For example, I think TSJ would have been too old to play Adam, but I would have loved him in the role. Aging kids is always tricky because you want to be able to have specific storylines for the kids, but you don't want to overage the parents. So sometimes you have kids born at the same time, that are different ages. On BB RJ and Hope were kids together playing, now she's early 20s and he's still 10.

#5   2014/08/24 11:37AM
    deceived

Quote Galazz: The Mariah story is even worse. If Cassie were alive she would be about 33 years old! Cassie is at least 10 years older than Noah. But now they look about the same age. And both Mariah and Noah are many years older than Summer. The ages are ridiculous.

Mariah is the perfect age... you are going by Summer's aging 12 year overnight...
    As for Phyllis, hope she can play a 50 year old hoochie grandma.

#6   2014/08/24 11:42AM
    twocentsworth

For me, I've always found that the soap opera aging of kids SOA or whatever it is called, is fascinating...in certain cases it's almost possible for the child to age, become an older actor in the part and be older than the parent almost, since the parent doesn't change (age) in any way, not even a touch of grey in the hair...very fascinating indeed...

#7   2014/08/24 11:48AM
    janetb

If Nick had never mentioned the year of Cassie's birth we could go on pretending that aging Summer didn't make such a difference to this s/l. Cassie/Mariah are 23, Summer is 19 and Noah in between. He'd be about 18 since he was 5 years younger than Cassie, now he's younger than Summer. I know it's a soap and they have to age kids, but this doesn't make any sense and the writers either don't care or think we don't notice.

#8   2014/08/24 12:05PM
    clicquot1

That statement is incorrect!

Cassie was born in 1991 and Noah was born in 1997!
    \
    They were "originally" only 5 1/2 years apart just like Victoria(1982) and Nick(1988) were but grew closer in age due to Noah's being Soras'd just like Nick?Vick did!

Noah was Soras'd to 11-12 right before Cassie died at 14!

Cassie never was SORAS'D because she stayed the same actress for her entire tenure!

Mariah was NOT Soras'd either as she not only is a twin but again "played" by the same actress as Cassie!

Mariah's age on the show was NOT changed just because the previous regime Soras'd Summer!

So, Cassie born in 1991!

Daniel/Lily born in 1989!

And Nick born on screen in 1988!

Pretty ridic!

If Cassie is 33 because Summer is 20 then Daniel is 35-37 and that would make his mommy (Phyllis) almost 60 and that is just not true!

Summer was only born in 2006 and should still be a little girl but was soras'd for s/l purposes "only" not to Soras any other characters!

#9   2014/08/24 12:37PM
    Lizzytish

Burgess Jenkins is 40 years old, the same age as Amelia Heinle who plays Victoria, so I don't know what you find old or troubling about his age. I don't particularl care for the actor because he has no warmth in his expression. I also don't like how he's always walking around in a suit. You almost never saw Billy Miller in a suit. Maybe they should have waited before they had Billy sell the restaurant (a more casual situation) than putting him in a corporate environment. Looks too stuffed shirt. IMO they should have stuck with David Tom. He's such a warm, happy-go-lucky guy. BJ just doesn't look like a guy who's had trouble with drinking and gambling..

Dont know what your reference is to "new Adam". Have they announced who the new Adam is going to be?

As for Cassie -- Nick just said the other day that Cassie was born in 1991, which means if she had lived, she'd be about 23 years old -- just about what Camryn Grimes is.

#10   2014/08/24 02:05PM
    tother tinks

If Cassie were alive she would be 23. The actress playing Mariah is the same one who played Cassie, and she is right around the right age for Cassie.

If anything, it is Noah and Summer who are wrong. Mariah is exactly the right age, but they aged both Noah and Summer years ahead of their actual ages.

Cassie (Mariah): born 1991 (23)
    Noah: born 1997 (17)
    Summer: born 2006 (8)
    Faith: born 2009 (5)

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list