List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why all te cloak and dagger

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why all te cloak and dagger

Started by mdtuttle at 2014/08/23 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/23 05:49PM, Views: 958, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/08/23 07:55AM
    Why all te cloak and dagger
    mdtuttle

I can not understand why Victor feels like he has to be so secretive about getting Phyllis into this Drs. experimental program. One would think if Victor went to Daniel and Summer and told them about this study and that the Dr. has had almost 100% success rate in waking up coma patients they would be falling all over themselves to get her into this program.

If it were my mother I would have the attitude of defiantly wanting to try it. At this point she is in what appears to be a hopeless come so how much worse could it get really. Yes there is always the risk of death, but as I said the Drs are presently saying Phyllis is never going to wake up so the risk would be worth it in my book.

It doesn't make sense that Victor would not just have gone to Phyllis' children and got them to sign off on it. Wasn't Daniel the one that had Phyllis moved to the facility in Atlanta in the first place because the were supposed to have cutting edge treatments?

#2   2014/08/23 08:04AM
    Re: Why all te cloak and dagger
    Daily Laugh

For whatever reasons, Victor doesn't want to be associated with promoting waking her up, maybe because he only wants to know if Phyllis knows Sharon's 'secret'. Otherwise, he wouldn't care if she stayed in a coma.
    His megalomania has gotten progressively worse. He treated Sharon horribly after being the only support she had, setting her up at Newman, etc. then completely turning on her when she didn't go away quietly and burned the house down. Nikki's always treated her like white trash, beneath her son, yet loved Phyllis, who's a sociopath. Hmmm, maybe that's why she likes her.

#3   2014/08/23 08:09AM
    janetb

Victor might get away with pointing out the new therapy to Daniel or Summer, but actually making it happen would make everyone suspicious. He has never liked Phyllis and would never do it because he cares. It's all about her waking up so he can find out Sharon's secret. It's still experimental and if Phyllis died or never woke up he can't be blamed. He may take credit when she wakes up just to sick it to Jack, we'll see.

#4   2014/08/23 09:12AM
    thesuz

...but has anyone ever thought Red might NOT remember ANYTHING when she wakes up? I mean, that wouldn't a smart move for the show, but it COULD take MONTHS, if the writers really wanted to drag this out. It would be great if it just happened in one episode, but c'mon....we know the routine.

#5   2014/08/23 10:01AM
    janetb

Quote thesuz: ...but has anyone ever thought Red might NOT remember ANYTHING when she wakes up? I mean, that wouldn't a smart move for the show, but it COULD take MONTHS, if the writers really wanted to drag this out. It would be great if it just happened in one episode, but c'mon....we know the routine.

Victor is assuming it's a sure thing, but she might not get her memory back for awhile, if at all. I expect they will drag it out. Every sweeps period for over a year we've been hopeful so maybe November but who knows. We could be waiting for the end of this s/l for years.

#6   2014/08/23 10:09AM
    ABrazil

Nikki never liked Phyllis I remember many episodes when Nick and Phyllis were married and Victoria was married to Brad and Nikki has said neither of my children married well. Also when Nick got back with Phyllis the last time Nikki was against it.

#7   2014/08/23 11:08AM
    mdtuttle

Quote Daily Laugh: For whatever reasons, Victor doesn't want to be associated with promoting waking her up, maybe because he only wants to know if Phyllis knows Sharon's 'secret'. Otherwise, he wouldn't care if she stayed in a coma.
    His megalomania has gotten progressively worse. He treated Sharon horribly after being the only support she had, setting her up at Newman, etc. then completely turning on her when she didn't go away quietly and burned the house down. Nikki's always treated her like white trash, beneath her son, yet loved Phyllis, who's a sociopath. Hmmm, maybe that's why she likes her.

I will be the first to admit victor went to far in hiring Mariah to haunt Sharon. But I can not blame him for being angry with Sharon for the things she did at Newman and burning down his home. OK she had a mental illness and she was manipulated by Tucker but she still was not so far out of her mind that she did not know right from wrong.

But having said that I would think Victor would want people, especially Summer to know of his role in getting Phyllis therapy that will ring her out of her coma. It makes sense that if he were the one that secured a Dr. and research that woke Phyllis up if nothing else it would elevate him in Summer's opinion even more.

#8   2014/08/23 11:11AM
    mdtuttle

Quote janetb: Victor might get away with pointing out the new therapy to Daniel or Summer, but actually making it happen would make everyone suspicious. He has never liked Phyllis and would never do it because he cares. It's all about her waking up so he can find out Sharon's secret. It's still experimental and if Phyllis died or never woke up he can't be blamed. He may take credit when she wakes up just to sick it to Jack, we'll see.

But if he did do it out in the open he could use the excuse that he was doing it for Summer's sake because he wants her to have her mot back. That would be believable and it would stick it to Jack at the same time for not being the one to think aout it.

#9   2014/08/23 11:13AM
    mdtuttle

Quote thesuz: ...but has anyone ever thought Red might NOT remember ANYTHING when she wakes up? I mean, that wouldn't a smart move for the show, but it COULD take MONTHS, if the writers really wanted to drag this out. It would be great if it just happened in one episode, but c'mon....we know the routine.

I have thought that myself. Phyllis could well wake up and have no memory of the night she fell or what led up to it. Then all of Victor's efforts will have been for naught

#10   2014/08/23 11:16AM
    mdtuttle

Quote ABrazil: Nikki never liked Phyllis I remember many episodes when Nick and Phyllis were married and Victoria was married to Brad and Nikki has said neither of my children married well. Also when Nick got back with Phyllis the last time Nikki was against it.

But there were also times when Nikki and Phyllis were friends/business partners. One thing they always had in common. Neither of them ever really liked Sharon

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list