List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Not Austin's Fault, Writers DISLIKE Fen!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Not Austin's Fault, Writers DISLIKE Fen!

Started by Galazz at 2014/08/17 10:42AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/18 11:21AM, Views: 2454, Replies: 43
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2014/08/17 10:42AM
    Not Austin's Fault, Writers DISLIKE Fen!
    Galazz

Austin gets trashed because Fen was shipped away. It's not Austin's fault that Fen is such a dork. Austin is a hunk and he is totally the kind of young man that the pretty girls would fall for. If Fen is going to be competition for Austin, then the role has to be recast.

#2   2014/08/17 10:44AM
    Re: Not Austin's Fault, Writers DISLIKE Fen!
    Trish12

Quote Galazz: Austin gets trashed because Fen was shipped away. It's not Austin's fault that Fen is such a dork. Austin is a hunk and he is totally the kind of young man that the pretty girls would fall for. If Fen is going to be competition for Austin, then the role has to be recast.

I don't like Austin, Fen or Summer. I wish they would send all of them back to school or Austin in jail.

#3   2014/08/17 10:49AM
    Galazz

Quote Trish12:
    Quote Galazz: Austin gets trashed because Fen was shipped away. It's not Austin's fault that Fen is such a dork. Austin is a hunk and he is totally the kind of young man that the pretty girls would fall for. If Fen is going to be competition for Austin, then the role has to be recast.

I don't like Austin, Fen or Summer. I wish they would send all of them back to school or Austin in jail.

So Y&R should be the middle aged and the Restless? Then we can kiss it goodbye and soon. Y&R's sponsors will be thrilled about that!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/17 10:55AM
    #4   2014/08/17 11:00AM
    Trish12

Quote Galazz:
    Quote Trish12:

So Y&R should be the middle aged and the Restless? Then we can kiss it goodbye and soon. Y&R's sponsors will be thrilled about that!!

Actually the soap was more classy back in the day with the vets. The teeny bopping has gotten annoying. I have out tuned Y&R for awhile now. Y&R ratings has been going down even though it's in 1st place and that is because of the vets. I love me some Victor Newman even though he's off the wall sometimes. I rather watch Phyllis that Summer. I love Sharon, Victoria, Nick, Jack, and the Winter clan. Nikki is Nikki she's a vet. I guess I'm old fashion and Y%R will never be my grandmother soap.

#5   2014/08/17 11:15AM
    lmfan

What is your problem with Fen? If Austin is so great, you shouldn't be worrying about Fen. I like Fen just the way he is. You can keep your living Ken doll.

Fen is a legacy child born of two core characters. He is played by a talented young actor who has proven he can handle tough material. And he is interesting. To me, Austin is getting the white wash treatment and boring. But hey, he fits with Summer right now. Too bad, I used to find her interesting too.

I want Fen back, and I am pretty sure he will be back now that Under the Dome has finished shooting. I want to see him going to college and having fun. If Summer wants to play house, let her. The viewers will ultimately decide if they buy into Ken and Barbie's love story no matter how hard the writers are propping them right now.

#6   2014/08/17 11:34AM
    SadieM

Quote lmfan:

What is your problem with Fen? If Austin is so great, you shouldn't be worrying about Fen. I like Fen just the way he is. You can keep your living Ken doll.

Fen is a legacy child born of two core characters. He is played by a talented young actor who has proven he can handle tough material. And he is interesting. To me, Austin is getting the white wash treatment and boring. But hey, he fits with Summer right now. Too bad, I used to find her interesting too.

I want Fen back, and I am pretty sure he will be back now that Under the Dome has finished shooting. I want to see him going to college and having fun. If Summer wants to play house, let her. The viewers will ultimately decide if they buy into Ken and Barbie's love story no matter how hard the writers are propping them right now.

I agree. I don't like Austin. Never have. He's like a boy toy for Summer but he's also a felon holding Avery at gun point.

#7   2014/08/17 11:35AM
    Galazz

Quote lmfan:

Kyle is also a legacy character for what that's worth. My problem with Fen is that Austin is getting bashed because Fen got dumped. That's not Austin's fault! Fen and Summer can be friends, but that's it!

#8   2014/08/17 11:38AM
    pondie

I'm simply not a fan of unbelievable 'redemption' story lines. I don't believe people would've been so quick to forgive Austin for a kidnapping and shooting.

It'd be different if Austin was still being written as struggling to get over past demons but they seem to have sped too quickly from unbalanced to totally adjusted and 'nice'.

#9   2014/08/17 11:38AM
    Galazz

Quote SadieM:
    Quote lmfan:

I agree. I don't like Austin. Never have. He's like a boy toy for Summer but he's also a felon holding Avery at gun point.

You mean like Billy held Adam at gun point? I guess if Austin as to pay for his crimes, we should go after Billy, Adam, Victor, PAUL and all the other GC citizens who have gotten away with their criminal acts. Please, Avery is alive and well, so are Dylan and Paul. Austin's mother is DEAD and the criminal that Avery set free, killed her! Avery to her credit knows this is true and accepts responsibility for it.

#10   2014/08/17 11:43AM
    Trish12

Quote pondie: I'm simply not a fan of unbelievable 'redemption' story lines. I don't believe people would've been so quick to forgive Austin for a kidnapping and shooting.

It'd be different if Austin was still being written as struggling to get over past demons but they seem to have sped too quickly from unbalanced to totally adjusted and 'nice'.

Agree, he's suddenly a change person after he set out to hurt someone else and in the process ends up shooting Paul and what does he get in return, a child bride and a fancy home. WTF. At least with Fen, he messed up and did rehab. GMAB. Yes he is a legacy character and I rather him than Austin. Who is Austin anyways? All we know is that the man was found not guilty for killing his mom and he held a grudge. And they are playing Summer and his romance like Sharon and Nick. I'm sorry not buying it. Sharon and Nick knew eachother from school and that romance grew. Summer just decided she wanted a husband over night, like who does that.

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list