List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2014/08/15 12:15PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/25 02:44PM, Views: 2917, Replies: 57
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2014/08/16 06:35AM
    Re: YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014
    Supercouplev...

Quote Feliciena: No matter how much I like an actor, I would never stop watching a show because of it. The show isn't as good as it was but that is due to the writing. Summer & Austin won't raise the demo as they are just plain boring to watch.

This is what I mean...... It isn't just about BM being pushed out, it is so much more. Just, this was the last straw for me.

#12   2014/08/16 10:57AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote Supercouplevilly:
    Quote Feliciena: No matter how much I like an actor, I would never stop watching a show because of it. The show isn't as good as it was but that is due to the writing. Summer & Austin won't raise the demo as they are just plain boring to watch.

This is what I mean...... It isn't just about BM being pushed out, it is so much more. Just, this was the last straw for me.

I understand completely! For me, the downfall of the show is a steady progression of events & activities that started at the beginning of MAB's tenure as HW. MAB either damaged, destroyed, sorassed & killed too many established characters. What she did to Cane & Lily was unconscionable. What MAB did to my faves, Cane & Lily, has never been addressed or corrected to this day! The lady was clearly not qualified to be HW; but to add insult to that injury, they made the incompetent HW the EP also. The damage & destruction she did to this show in 5 years are beyond repair. JFP just continues to pile on more damage & destruction. The newbies and/ or FOJs are talented actors & actresses & stars from canceled soaps; but none fit comfortably into GC or onto the Y&R canvas. Writing & casting are killing the show. The show is beyond boring; it often borders on weird or strange--which is difficult for me to watch!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/16 11:03AM
    #13   2014/08/16 01:20PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote MsSuperSuds: By the way, has anyone noticed that Y&R at midnight has been deleted from the TGVN schedule? Big Brother seems to have replaced both Y&R and B&B in those time slots.

It is stil on my TV... but at a different time on TGVN..

None of the other soaps are represented...

#14   2014/08/17 03:44PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: By the way, has anyone noticed that Y&R at midnight has been deleted from the TGVN schedule? Big Brother seems to have replaced both Y&R and B&B in those time slots.

It is stil on my TV... but at a different time on TGVN..

None of the other soaps are represented...

Y&R airs at 4 p.m. on CBS daily and at 7 p.m. on TGVN daily. The 11 p.m. or 12 p.m. & early morning time slots (in the a.m.'s) on TGVN have been taken by Big Brother in this area.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/17 03:46PM
    #15   2014/08/17 04:43PM
    Sylviastel

At this point, bm & mm couldn't help this show anymore. I tape & watch later. I fast forward the winters, Devon, & cane&lily because they're not entertaining.

#16   2014/08/17 05:06PM
    Sylviastel

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Supercouplevilly:

I understand completely! For me, the downfall of the show is a steady progression of events & activities that started at the beginning of MAB's tenure as HW. MAB either damaged, destroyed, sorassed & killed too many established characters. What she did to Cane & Lily was unconscionable. What MAB did to my faves, Cane & Lily, has never been addressed or corrected to this day! The lady was clearly not qualified to be HW; but to add insult to that injury, they made the incompetent HW the EP also. The damage & destruction she did to this show in 5 years are beyond repair. JFP just continues to pile on more damage & destruction. The newbies and/ or FOJs are talented actors & actresses & stars from canceled soaps; but none fit comfortably into GC or onto the Y&R canvas. Writing & casting are killing the show. The show is beyond boring; it often borders on weird or strange--which is difficult for me to watch!

I totally agree. Hiring JFP only means that CBS & Sony want this show canceled. Mm's firing was handled poorly & still haunts the show. I'm glad Muhney is finally moving on but he glued me into the show. I doubt he was ever going to come back. JFP's recasting of billy was atrocious. JFP expected it to be an easy adjustment. That's why they didn't recast Adam so soon! The new Adam is going to have a tough act to follow.
    Apart from Mariah, I don't have that much interest in the storylines. I have been lifelong soap fan so I have always watched a soap but this show is killing itself slowly. JFP has been known to punish dissenters by back burning or firing them. Ratings have significantly dropped so JFP should have been courting Muhney to return but we now know that JFP was toying with him to keep his fans happy. I'm not happy! JFP should have never been hired! She has ruined plenty of soaps to get known as the soap killer.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/17 05:07PM
    #17   2014/08/18 12:13PM
    shalaydra75

Quote Sylviastel: At this point, bm & mm couldn't help this show anymore. I tape & watch later. I fast forward the winters, Devon, & cane&lily because they're not entertaining.

Actually, Winters, Lane and Devon were around and had real s/ls when Y&R were doing well while BM and MM were "stars" of it when reached its lowest point. Your quote is the reason why I have constantly accused soap boards as well as soap critics of being responsible for ruining Y&R. Since MAB was woefully unqualified and only received her job through nepotism, she was incredibly sensitive to critics and boards. There were many anti-Winters, Devon and Lane threads; resultantly, MAB destroyed Cane's narrative and backed-burned Devon and the Winters. When the ratings got low she dragging out the Winters without much of a story. JG and JFP debased Lily's character to introduce Hilary and Tyler. Since tptb provided no real stories and background for the newbies connect to the Winters Lane, they are floundering. Where is Tyler? Why isn't Mariah chasing him since she broke up his relationship with Abby? The answer is Tily was about breaking up Lane so that Lily would be trapped at Jabot Fashion, the Winters' area of segregation, and Cane would be free to be with a white character and powerful. The actors/actresses who portray, Neil, Lily, Cane, Devon, Tyler and Hilary deserve better than this.

Although Victor is the only Newman that I like and dislike all of the Baldwin-Fishers, I do not start threads about them. (Please note that I am not saying that you start or participate in hate threads.) I will challenge posters in the ratings threads because it is clear, not opinion, that BM and MM along with the rest of the Newmans have been/are killing this soap.

I reiterate that although Victor is the only Newman that I like and dislike all of the Baldwin-Fishers, before tptb, started allowing a few characters to dominate and changing narratives along with facts of s/ls, I watched every day. I, as most real soap fans, did not fast forward. Starting with MAB, tptb attempted to excite certain fans all time while leaving real soap fans out in the cold..

#18   2014/08/18 12:43PM
    Galazz

Well Y&R can add another one of the target demo that is about to dump this show. I am not even going to bother with Phyllis' return. I think GT will be totally wasted on this increasingly stupid, and very boring show. I hope it's true that SC is leaving Y&R for prime tine. That way I can still enjoy one of the favorite characters.

#19   2014/08/18 12:54PM
    Sylviastel

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote Sylviastel: At this point, bm & mm couldn't help this show anymore. I tape & watch later. I fast forward the winters, Devon, & cane&lily because they're not entertaining.

Actually, Winters, Lane and Devon were around and had real s/ls when Y&R were doing well while BM and MM were "stars" of it when reached its lowest point. Your quote is the reason why I have constantly accused soap boards as well as soap critics of being responsible for ruining Y&R. Since MAB was woefully unqualified and only received her job through nepotism, she was incredibly sensitive to critics and boards. There were many anti-Winters, Devon and Lane threads; resultantly, MAB destroyed Cane's narrative and backed-burned Devon and the Winters. When the ratings got low she dragging out the Winters without much of a story. JG and JFP debased Lily's character to introduce Hilary and Tyler. Since tptb provided no real stories and background for the newbies connect to the Winters Lane, they are floundering. Where is Tyler? Why isn't Mariah chasing him since she broke up his relationship with Abby? The answer is Tily was about breaking up Lane so that Lily would be trapped at Jabot Fashion, the Winters' area of segregation, and Cane would be free to be with a white character and powerful. The actors/actresses who portray, Neil, Lily, Cane, Devon, Tyler and Hilary deserve better than this.

Although Victor is the only Newman that I like and dislike all of the Baldwin-Fishers, I do not start threads about them. (Please note that I am not saying that you start or participate in hate threads.) I will challenge posters in the ratings threads because it is clear, not opinion, that BM and MM along with the rest of the Newmans have been/are killing this soap.

I reiterate that although Victor is the only Newman that I like and dislike all of the Baldwin-Fishers, before tptb, started allowing a few characters to dominate and changing narratives along with facts of s/ls, I watched every day. I, as most real soap fans, did not fast forward. Starting with MAB, tptb attempted to excite certain fans all time while leaving real soap fans out in the cold..

If they were entertaining to watch, Winters family & Cane/Lily are still dull to me. The Winters family deserves better in writing. With mm & bm gone, they're getting attention but its still not done well. Neil/Hilary/Devon triangle is hard to watch. I liked Neil with Harmony played by Debbi Morgan. Neil needs a mature woman not Hilary. Devon & Hillary aren't characters that I care for anyway. Cane & Lily need a storyline of their own. Devon should build his own company with all that money. They should bring back Debbi Morgan to the show. MAB didn't always listen here. I'm not trying to bash the Winters family or Cane & Lily but they should be written better. The other storylines are also dreadful! I feel bad for the cast & crew who are afraid to lose their jobs if they speak up to JFP!

#20   2014/08/18 01:03PM
    Jackie10

Quote Sylviastel:
    Quote shalaydra75:

If they were entertaining to watch, Winters family & Cane/Lily are still dull to me. The Winters family deserves better in writing. With mm & bm gone, they're getting attention but its still not done well. Neil/Hilary/Devon triangle is hard to watch. I liked Neil with Harmony played by Debbi Morgan. Neil needs a mature woman not Hilary. Devon & Hillary aren't characters that I care for anyway. Cane & Lily need a storyline of their own. Devon should build his own company with all that money. They should bring back Debbi Morgan to the show. MAB didn't always listen here. I'm not trying to bash the Winters family or Cane & Lily but they should be written better. The other storylines are also dreadful! I feel bad for the cast & crew who are afraid to lose their jobs if they speak up to JFP!

Great Post! Adam/Sharon Shadam brought high ratings 3.8-4.0. When MAB started diking with Shadam and JFP continued with MABS crap and started messing with BM you could see the difference in ratings. Back in the day Dru and Neil brought great ratings but as of the past several years the Winters have been a dull bunch indeed. I wish they would get Cane away from them and give him a dynamic woman and some great story lines like he had when he first started on the soap before they stuck him with Lilly.

I watched the show for over 40 years and saw ups and downs but nothing as bad as MABs last 8 months and JFPs last couple of years. The soap sucks and changes need to be made soon.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list