List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2014/08/15 12:15PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/25 02:44PM, Views: 2826, Replies: 57
    1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #1   2014/08/15 12:15PM
    YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings Report: Week of August 4-8, 2014

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to let Year

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,438,000 (+57,000/-82,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.2/11 (same/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 673,000 (-49,000/-113,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.1/8 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. Y&R 179,000 (-14,000/-66,000)
    2. GH 178,000 (+16,000/-17,000)
    3. B&B 167,000 (+12,000/-33,000)
    4. DAYS 147,000 (+12,000/-2,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. B&B 0.5 (same/-.1)
    1. GH 0.5 (same/-.1)
    1. Y&R 0.5 (-.1/-.2)
    4. DAYS 0.4 (same/same)

Women 25-54 Viewers
    1. Y&R 1,038,000 (-41,000/-75,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.7 (-.1/-.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 3.5/4,697,000
    Tuesday: 3.3/4,611,000
    Wednesday: 3.2/4,401,000
    Thursday: 3.0/4,126,000
    Friday: 3.2/4,355,000

Losses appear in all demographics shown above; yet there is an increase in the overall household viewership. How can that happen unless there is some magical formular or demographic to which we are not privileged to see. I am always baffled by that. Perhaps males or another age group who watch the show are counted but not shown in our ratings. Anyway, the overall household ratings are the same as last week; AND Y&R remains #1 in each category shown. Even though Y&R still has the most viewers in the 18-49 category, it is the only soap showing a loss of viewers for the week. Thus it is tied with both GH and B&B for the #1 spot while Days falls woefully behind. Y&R is still underperforming last years tally in viewers for the same period of time.

I am still not watching on a daily basis; but I have watched two episodes in the last few weeks. I still do not like most of what is presented on screen. I have read descriptions calling the show & its storylines ridiculous! unbalanced! CORNY! Disgusting! BORING wins by a landslide! Some parts of Y&R reminds me of poorly done slapstick comedy! A fight between Harding & Kevin? Why make all that noise for nothing! Or some supposedly sexual undertones & innuendo between Harding & Courtney Or Courtney & Noah? What a horrible triangle! Kelly & Jack have absolutely no romantic chemistry or connection to one another. These couples feel like they are trying to connect to each other from outer space to each other! Sharon/Nick/Mariah should not be a triangle! Stitch/Vikki/nuBilly/Chelsea? What a ludicrous quadrangle! Devon/Hilary/Neil? What can I say? Neil needs a mature, feisty woman with a strong personality! I am not pining to see either Neil Winters or Nikki Newman slip off the wagon of teetotalers; but I know its coming! The talents of both Jess Walton & Tristan Rogers have been wasted on Y&R! Whatever happened to their story with Cane, Lily, Bonaventure and Chancellor Industries is still a mystery!BUT serious business stories are missing and need to be ressurrecte ASAP! After all, how much more of the WTD,impulsive sexcapades, cheating, backstabbing, meddling, murder are viewers expected to take?

Anyway, I will let you supply your own thoughts about Y&R! Please post if you feel the need to make your thoughts known to us! We would love to read what you think about Y&R today!

www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/08/ratings-gh-days-women-18-49-viewers#more-38894#...

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/15 12:23PM
    #2   2014/08/15 01:24PM
    Re: YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014
    ajsp35801

I agree with all of what you say.

#3   2014/08/15 01:27PM
    luvroflife

Thanks MSS for posting. While I recognize that ratings will fluctuate amongst regular viewers based on story, the lost of the 18 to 49 demo is troubling. While some see the emphasis on this demo as ignoring those with $$ its more about those who advertisers see as more open minded; where brand identity can still be influenced; those still open to change.

Either way, Y&R is not drawing in new viewers with the same formula of weak women; WTDs; infidelity' TRIs and QUADs; and that's concerning. Too bad it can't create a more diverse GC canvas that could appeal to a wider demographic. Oh well. Maybe after 40+ yrs, this is it.

#4   2014/08/15 03:53PM
    MsSuperSuds

By the way, has anyone noticed that Y&R at midnight has been deleted from the TGVN schedule? Big Brother seems to have replaced both Y&R and B&B in those time slots.

#5   2014/08/15 05:14PM
    Supercouplev...

I know, I sound like a broken record but, I really don't think I will ever come back to watching Y&R. without BM.

Mainly because of this s/l. I used to watch and barely pay attention, then Villy really got my attention, especially with the inability to have a baby, and both wanting it. I really started to pay attention, didn't want to miss a think. Always hoping for the miracle, and since it isn't real, a miracle is always a possibility. It really gave life to this show for me. 2 people I felt a major connection to, and the possibility of them getting the miracle I could never get. Without BM the joy is totally and completely gone. Even if they did bring BM back. I wouldn't have that hope anymore. A lot has been lost for me. It can never be brought back, and it makes me so, so, sad.

The only thing that would or could bring that joy back, would be if BM were to be brought back, before the baby was born.

Please don't badger me about BM, it is just the way I feel, and I need to get it out there every once in a while.

#6   2014/08/15 05:34PM
    wiseoldsoul

Quote Supercouplevilly: I know, I sound like a broken record but, I really don't think I will ever come back to watching Y&R. without BM.

Mainly because of this s/l. I used to watch and barely pay attention, then Villy really got my attention, especially with the inability to have a baby, and both wanting it. I really started to pay attention, didn't want to miss a think. Always hoping for the miracle, and since it isn't real, a miracle is always a possibility. It really gave life to this show for me. 2 people I felt a major connection to, and the possibility of them getting the miracle I could never get. Without BM the joy is totally and completely gone. Even if they did bring BM back. I wouldn't have that hope anymore. A lot has been lost for me. It can never be brought back, and it makes me so, so, sad.

The only thing that would or could bring that joy back, would be if BM were to be brought back, before the baby was born.

Please don't badger me about BM, it is just the way I feel, and I need to get it out there every once in a while.

You are entitled to like who you like and voice your opinion. If BM and the Villy pairing brought you joy and hope, that is fine. You saw possibilities for them an now it is gone.

#7   2014/08/15 08:50PM
    ajsp35801

Quote Supercouplevilly: I know, I sound like a broken record but, I really don't think I will ever come back to watching Y&R. without BM.

Don't even apologize for making a connection to a story on a soap. We all have been there and felt that way. I totally get it.

#8   2014/08/15 09:38PM
    Paddy52

ITA with you!

#9   2014/08/16 06:02AM
    Supercouplev...

Thanks for all the support. I am so tired of people saying "let it go". This is why I can't.

#10   2014/08/16 06:31AM
    Feliciena

No matter how much I like an actor, I would never stop watching a show because of it. The show isn't as good as it was but that is due to the writing. Summer & Austin won't raise the demo as they are just plain boring to watch.

1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list