List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: THIS SHOW IS SO BORING!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

THIS SHOW IS SO BORING!!!!!

Started by Ken in GA at 2014/08/15 07:07AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/22 05:46AM, Views: 2004, Replies: 30
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/08/15 07:07AM
    THIS SHOW IS SO BORING!!!!!
    Ken in GA

Hey guys. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not the only person that watches Y&R that finds it incredibly boring!!!! The storylines are contrived and seem to lead nowhere, the character development is shoddy for the new characters, and the veterans seem "restless" with their storylines.

Let me be clear, I have always been a fan of Y&R, but lately, it's just difficult to watch. Anyone else agree with me?

In my opinion, they need to get rid of some of these storylines and get back to what made Y&R great! For instance, I could care less about the following:

- Dylan being Nikki and Paul's son. This storyline, along with Ian suing Nikki (stupid storyline), needs to vanish. I like Steve Burton but this is a total waste of his talent.
    - Neil and Hillary ..... snooze. Get rid of Devon, make Hillary the evil assistant to Jack at Jabot, and write a decent storyline for Neil.
    - The character of Jill is being wasted with the Colin connection. Get rid of the character of Colin, and mold Jill into the new Katherine Chancellor of Genoa City. Make her a force to be reckoned with in the business world ... at Chancellor Industries.
    - Summer and her new man .... ughh! He's hot, but he should have been introduced as a gay character ... it would have been more believable. The chemistry between these two characters is not there.
    - Remove the character of Kelly from Genoa City. The actress is great, but the character is horrible. Poorly written and makes no sense in the scheme of things.

Here's what I would capitalize on to make Y&R great again:

- With Eileen Davidson returning, make Ashley Abbott more business centered and have her and Jack butt heads at Jabot. Both fighting for power. Make it an internal family struggle. That could be interesting.
    - Kevin and Harding have a fantastic chemistry. They should be paired up with Kevin realizing he's gay and interested in Harding. This would be Y&R's time to introduce a gay character.
    - The Phyllis coma has gone on too long. Have Phyllis come out of the coma and reunite with Jack. I want her to remember what Sharon did to her and make it her mission to get back at Sharon ... in pure Phyllis fashion .. underhanded.
    - Nikki is good when she's hitting the bottle so that could be a good storyline IF written properly. Currently, I'm kind of worried where they will take this.
    - Finally, bring back Michael Muhney to play Adam Newman!!!! HE WAS FANTASTIC IN THIS ROLE!!!!!

These are just some of my thoughts. I would really love to hear some of your ideas. Let me know what you think.

#2   2014/08/15 07:29AM
    Re: THIS SHOW IS SO BORING!!!!!
    Paddy52

I hardly ever watch Y&R anymore. I mostly read the recaps and the postings on this site. When I do watch I just roll my eyes or laugh at how ridiculously stupid this show is its a fake Y&R.

Here's the only way I think they could fix it.... Pull form the old Dallas show and make the last few years somebody's CRAZY! DREAM! First thing they would have to do is get new EP AND WRITERS! End of story!

#3   2014/08/15 08:13AM
    Graceee

I don't find it boring at all

#4   2014/08/15 09:05AM
    Ruby and Teddy

Quote Paddy52: I hardly ever watch Y&R anymore. I mostly read the recaps and the postings on this site. When I do watch I just roll my eyes or laugh at how ridiculously stupid this show is its a fake Y&R.

Here's the only way I think they could fix it.... Pull form the old Dallas show and make the last few years somebody's CRAZY! DREAM! First thing they would have to do is get new EP AND WRITERS! End of story!

Of course everyone has a different opinion about Y&R (Yuk & Ridiculous) and the ratings are continuously going down, down, down. Needless to say, there is no attraction to this now worn out, sluggish soap. Some people think it’s great because the show is more diversified. Some think the fashions are awesome. Some think the hairdos are awful. Some people think there should be a gay segment in the show. Some people focus on the rainbow of different colors of nail polish or the explosive neon lipstick colors that are worn. Some people get all excited because some guys go shirtless and the ‘opportunity’ for these guys to show off their tattoos. Oh, let’s not forget the toy gun we saw in Katherine’s living room. How many of us were electrified when we saw this guy pointing a ‘gun’ at Colin?, etc. None of these things capture the essence of family life or the business world like the REAL “The Young and The Restless” as it once was. The writers are grabbing straws and patting themselves on the back for thinking they are creating, as JFP has recently said something about ‘keeping the viewers on edge’. If anything is on the edge, it is the show itself - standing on the edge of a cliff. I used to ‘wish’ that this show would get better as time went along, but I just don’t think that this regime could not rise above this smorgasbord of a mess this show has become.

Paddy52 you are right to say ‘how ridiculously stupid this show is. It’s a fake Y&R’. Even leaping frogs, which have no story lines, have places to go – but not Y&R.

#5   2014/08/16 09:50AM
    Moneterrie

Hello!
    I have been a viewer of Y&R since it first began forty years ago, when the storyline started with the Stewart Brooks & his daughters.
    The recent storyline seems to be aimed at a younger group, which is fine with me. I record the show every day, but lately have been fast-forwarding as the show has become rather boring!
    SO, PLEASE bring back Michael Muhney!!!!!!
    Best actor portraying Adam, yet!!!
    A reply would be nice!

Sincerely,

Terrie Wilcox,

#6   2014/08/16 09:59AM
    deceived

I would not watch show I thought was boring...life is too short...
    Back when MAB was in charge and Shadamm and Phick was hogging the screen, I actually stopped watching for awhile...
    I think it is a fast-food world now, and that is why Y&R seems to be a fast-food soap.
    IT seems when a fan does not like a certain couple together, they complain about the producer/writers, at least that is why I complained, and stopped watching...
    WE have to take the good with the bad.
    IMO...a gay storyline would put the last nail in the coffin.

#7   2014/08/16 10:12AM
    smallworld

Quote Ruby and Teddy:
    Quote Paddy52: I hardly ever watch Y&R anymore. I mostly read the recaps and the postings on this site. When I do watch I just roll my eyes or laugh at how ridiculously stupid this show is its a fake Y&R.

Of course everyone has a different opinion about Y&R (Yuk & Ridiculous) and the ratings are continuously going down, down, down. Needless to say, there is no attraction to this now worn out, sluggish soap. Some people think it’s great because the show is more diversified. Some think the fashions are awesome. Some think the hairdos are awful. Some people think there should be a gay segment in the show. Some people focus on the rainbow of different colors of nail polish or the explosive neon lipstick colors that are worn. Some people get all excited because some guys go shirtless and the ‘opportunity’ for these guys to show off their tattoos. Oh, let’s not forget the toy gun we saw in Katherine’s living room. How many of us were electrified when we saw this guy pointing a ‘gun’ at Colin?, etc. None of these things capture the essence of family life or the business world like the REAL “The Young and The Restless” as it once was. The writers are grabbing straws and patting themselves on the back for thinking they are creating, as JFP has recently said something about ‘keeping the viewers on edge’. If anything is on the edge, it is the show itself - standing on the edge of a cliff. I used to ‘wish’ that this show would get better as time went along, but I just don’t think that this regime could not rise above this smorgasbord of a mess this show has become.

Paddy52 you are right to say ‘how ridiculously stupid this show is. It’s a fake Y&R’. Even leaping frogs, which have no story lines, have places to go – but not Y&R.

I agree, you expressed it well, when you wrote the real Y&R was about family and business. This is what is lacking, there are no family values, or any intriguing business type story lines. To have any hope of reaching those glory days, Y&R needs to go back to it's roots. It is apparent the current writers are not capable of achieving this, so it is time they departed.

I am also pleased you did not mention MM. One man cannot turn the current state of this show around.

#8   2014/08/16 10:26AM
    Kelby

Quote Ken in GA: Hey guys. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not the only person that watches Y&R that finds it incredibly boring!!!! The storylines are contrived and seem to lead nowhere, the character development is shoddy for the new characters, and the veterans seem "restless" with their storylines.

Let me be clear, I have always been a fan of Y&R, but lately, it's just difficult to watch. Anyone else agree with me?

In my opinion, they need to get rid of some of these storylines and get back to what made Y&R great! For instance, I could care less about the following:

- Dylan being Nikki and Paul's son. This storyline, along with Ian suing Nikki (stupid storyline), needs to vanish. I like Steve Burton but this is a total waste of his talent.
    - Neil and Hillary ..... snooze. Get rid of Devon, make Hillary the evil assistant to Jack at Jabot, and write a decent storyline for Neil.
    - The character of Jill is being wasted with the Colin connection. Get rid of the character of Colin, and mold Jill into the new Katherine Chancellor of Genoa City. Make her a force to be reckoned with in the business world ... at Chancellor Industries.
    - Summer and her new man .... ughh! He's hot, but he should have been introduced as a gay character ... it would have been more believable. The chemistry between these two characters is not there.
    - Remove the character of Kelly from Genoa City. The actress is great, but the character is horrible. Poorly written and makes no sense in the scheme of things.

- With Eileen Davidson returning, make Ashley Abbott more business centered and have her and Jack butt heads at Jabot. Both fighting for power. Make it an internal family struggle. That could be interesting.
    - Kevin and Harding have a fantastic chemistry. They should be paired up with Kevin realizing he's gay and interested in Harding. This would be Y&R's time to introduce a gay character.
    - The Phyllis coma has gone on too long. Have Phyllis come out of the coma and reunite with Jack. I want her to remember what Sharon did to her and make it her mission to get back at Sharon ... in pure Phyllis fashion .. underhanded.
    - Nikki is good when she's hitting the bottle so that could be a good storyline IF written properly. Currently, I'm kind of worried where they will take this.
    - Finally, bring back Michael Muhney to play Adam Newman!!!! HE WAS FANTASTIC IN THIS ROLE!!!!!

These are just some of my thoughts. I would really love to hear some of your ideas. Let me know what you think.

I like a lot of your thoughts, but I disagree with the Kevin bit. He should have been written off a long time ago. The show is not only boring, it is stupid. Too many years that this has been the case. The show was renewed until 2017. It was lucky to get that. We will see. I am not watching and have not really been watching for years now. It is going to canceled sooner than later, if they do not fix things. Like yesterday. It is not going to happen, but one can wish.

#9   2014/08/18 10:44PM
    Moneterrie

Bring back MM!!!!!!
    And yes, more about families & businesses!!!
    Those were the days when I really enjoyed the show.
    The storyline with Devon, Malcolm & his wife is so predictable!

COME ON WRITERS, DO YOUR JOB!!!!!!

#10   2014/08/18 10:51PM
    Moneterrie

Quote Ken in GA: Hey guys. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not the only person that watches Y&R that finds it incredibly boring!!!! The storylines are contrived and seem to lead nowhere, the character development is shoddy for the new characters, and the veterans seem "restless" with their storylines.

Love your ideas. Just wondering if the writers ever read these posts? They're probably all in their twenties with no life experience!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list