List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actor

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actor

Started by Reminsye at 2014/08/14 02:25PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/17 04:59AM, Views: 1993, Replies: 22
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/08/15 11:12AM
    Re: Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actor
    deceived

Quote Blue 501: I don't see anything wrong with this thread and think the addition of a very smart, attractive doctor who is also African American is a very positive thing. And helps (finally) heal some of the pain of losing both Shemar Moore & Victoria Rowell.

How could I forget Malcolm, and Dr. Barton.

#12   2014/08/15 01:16PM
    Scotia

Quote deceived:
    Quote Blue 501: I don't see anything wrong with this thread and think the addition of a very smart, attractive doctor who is also African American is a very positive thing. And helps (finally) heal some of the pain of losing both Shemar Moore & Victoria Rowell.

I am sorry if my post has upset anyone, I certainly didn't mean to. I think what I was trying to say is I just see actors, and don't necessarily see African American or white, or Asian. They are beautiful people no matter their ethnicity. I am enjoying Dr. Barton, and he is nice to look at!

I just, in my mind, don't differentiate between people of colour. I just see the characters and at the same time can appreciate good looking actors, whoever they are.

#13   2014/08/15 01:27PM
    moehop

I support the post and the opinion of the poster.

Viewers like to see characters that they can easily relate with. Viewers also like to see characters that they have never related with, be it race, age, or any other demographic.

I really enjoy seeing the wealthy people and how they live. But I would enjoy seeing more middle class and even poor folks on the canvas with good stories (not just token characters.)

Good post!

#14   2014/08/15 01:27PM
    Blue 501

Quote Scotia:
    Quote deceived:

I am sorry if my post has upset anyone, I certainly didn't mean to. I think what I was trying to say is I just see actors, and don't necessarily see African American or white, or Asian. They are beautiful people no matter their ethnicity. I am enjoying Dr. Barton, and he is nice to look at!

I just, in my mind, don't differentiate between people of colour. I just see the characters and at the same time can appreciate good looking actors, whoever they are.

You did nothing wrong either D. I was just taken aback by someone suggesting the thread should be closed. There is nothing wrong with the thread nor with the majority of the posts.

#15   2014/08/15 01:39PM
    deceived

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Scotia:
    Quote deceived:

You did nothing wrong either D. I was just taken aback by someone suggesting the thread should be closed. There is nothing wrong with the thread nor with the majority of the posts.

BLUE... I did not write the part about not wanting to offend anyone... I just wrote 'How could I forget Dr. Barton and Malcolm.' This happened to me twice today...
    Scotia was the one who wrote that... maybe the moderators could look into this problem...
    Scotia. I was not offended by your post, and no I do not see anything wrong with this thread, but I do understand how anything to do with different races always seems to bring in trolls saying mean things... I love debating, and discussing characters, stories, and actors.

#16   2014/08/15 01:48PM
    Blue 501

oops, sorry D. Sometimes I get a little lost when there are several layers of comments.

#17   2014/08/16 07:18AM
    habbyfan

I like Barton and have liked him on other soaps as well ...

#18   2014/08/16 02:43PM
    roseofsharon...

Quote moehop: I support the post and the opinion of the poster.

Viewers like to see characters that they can easily relate with. Viewers also like to see characters that they have never related with, be it race, age, or any other demographic.

I really enjoy seeing the wealthy people and how they live. But I would enjoy seeing more middle class and even poor folks on the canvas with good stories (not just token characters.)

Good post!

There are middle class people on the show and poor. Mariah is poor. Sharon came from poor. Paul and Christine are middle class. Cane and Lily aren't rich. I do know what you mean but would we want to watch what we go through everyday. I like to watch and dream a bit. I live with reality. I am retired and live on a fixed income but I don't consider myself poor but know a lot of people who are. Not entertaining at all.

#19   2014/08/16 04:27PM
    deceived

Quote roseofsharon1942:
    Quote moehop: I support the post and the opinion of the poster.

Good post!

There are middle class people on the show and poor. Mariah is poor. Sharon came from poor. Paul and Christine are middle class. Cane and Lily aren't rich. I do know what you mean but would we want to watch what we go through everyday. I like to watch and dream a bit. I live with reality. I am retired and live on a fixed income but I don't consider myself poor but know a lot of people who are. Not entertaining at all.

Don't forget Kelly, Kevin, and Tyler.

#20   2014/08/16 05:36PM
    mswadel

How could anyone forget the gorgeous Shemar Moore?? I hope to save his upcoming episodes to DVR.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list