List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actor

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actor

Started by Reminsye at 2014/08/14 02:25PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/17 04:59AM, Views: 1996, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/08/14 02:25PM
    Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actor
    Reminsye

Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actors, about time! It is very interesting to see how this will play out with Neal, Hillary, Devon and Lily, they are doing a dynamic job! Cain is awesome too! Lily is being a total overreacting spoiled brat. I love the chemistry between Devon and Hilary!

#2   2014/08/14 04:25PM
    Re: Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actor
    dairymaid

Quote Reminsye: Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actors, about time! It is very interesting to see how this will play out with Neal, Hillary, Devon and Lily, they are doing a dynamic job! Cain is awesome too! Lily is being a total overreacting spoiled brat. I love the chemistry between Devon and Hilary!

I like Y&R because all the characters have a chance for a great storyline. I have been watching Y&R since it was created back in the 1970's and since Neil, Malcolm, Drucilla, etc. have been on the show, it has grown even more diverse and interesting. I cannot complain (although some storylines are dragged out a bit much) but still every character/actor has a shot and the viewers get to see them often. I lost interest in B&B because it focuses only on a few characters and leaves the others to rot. B&B needs to take cues from the writers of Y&R.

#3   2014/08/15 07:56AM
    Paddy52

Sorry, but it's not about black and white IMO. It's about good actors and actresses in great S/Ls. The show and the writers SUCK!

#4   2014/08/15 08:17AM
    Ruby and Teddy

Quote Reminsye: Glad about the great S/L for beautiful black actors, about time! It is very interesting to see how this will play out with Neal, Hillary, Devon and Lily, they are doing a dynamic job! Cain is awesome too! Lily is being a total overreacting spoiled brat. I love the chemistry between Devon and Hilary!

Glad about the great s/l for beautiful white actors. It’s been a long time. It is very interesting to see how this will play out with Victoria, Stitch and Billy. They are doing a dynamic job! Jack is awesome too! Billy is being a total overacting spoiled monster. I love the chemistry between Stitch and Victoria!

The point is that fancy and pretty words do not make up for the lack of ‘great’ s/l’s by these terrible writers.

#5   2014/08/15 08:22AM
    Oldhead

IMO this thread should never have been started.

#6   2014/08/15 08:29AM
    Scotia

Quote Oldhead: IMO this thread should never have been started.

I agree, this should be closed. I can see this post becoming very contenscious. Let's just enjoy the actors and story lines.

#7   2014/08/15 08:33AM
    deceived

I get what the OP was conveying... The Winters have been on the backburner since Dru left... I am enjoying Hilary, she is a great actress, and it seems Neil, Devon, Lily, and Cane is up to match-point.

#8   2014/08/15 10:44AM
    cavi

Quote deceived: I get what the OP was conveying... The Winters have been on the backburner since Dru left... I am enjoying Hilary, she is a great actress, and it seems Neil, Devon, Lily, and Cane is up to match-point.

I completely agree and see no reason for the closing of the thread.

#9   2014/08/15 10:50AM
    cavi

Quote dairymaid:

I like Y&R because all the characters have a chance for a great storyline. I have been watching Y&R since it was created back in the 1970's and since Neil, Malcolm, Drucilla, etc. have been on the show, it has grown even more diverse and interesting. I cannot complain (although some storylines are dragged out a bit much) but still every character/actor has a shot and the viewers get to see them often. I lost interest in B&B because it focuses only on a few characters and leaves the others to rot. B&B needs to take cues from the writers of Y&R.

I saw your post and had to go do a search on BB's cast so as to get some names. Years ago - 1993 - I really fell for something BB started with two African American brothers named Keith and Kevin who worked at Spectra. I just loved those two. Keith Anderson (played by Ken LaRon) was the older brother and Kevin (played by Keith Jones) was younger and had a learning disability. At the time, I thought they'd be developed and kept on for a long time. I was so bummed when they were written out.

#10   2014/08/15 10:59AM
    Blue 501

I don't see anything wrong with this thread and think the addition of a very smart, attractive doctor who is also African American is a very positive thing. And helps (finally) heal some of the pain of losing both Shemar Moore & Victoria Rowell.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list