List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Started by heidiyrfan at 2014/08/14 07:56AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/18 12:26AM, Views: 3075, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/08/15 07:38AM
    Re: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.
    Paddy52

I mostly roll my eyes and shake my head! How did this show get so ridiculously stupid!!!!!!!

#22   2014/08/15 08:31AM
    Galazz

Sometimes I do. Shick is very corny. I find Niktor pretty corny and very unbelievable as a couple.

#23   2014/08/15 08:41AM
    Aaha

Quote Karl127:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: NOOO I am not laughing at all.. I find it very sad that Y&R has become just another stupid soap... no worse than the others.

I'm not laughing either, at times I'm disgusted and turn Yn off. I disagree with YnR is no worse than other soaps. There is one soap out there that should be #1 instead of YnR. Story lines are better, flowing from one story to another is better, sets are so much better, etc.

I agree, there are worse soaps...The Bold and the Beautiful comes on right after TY&R so once in a while I end up a caged audience - the result is: KILL ME NOW!
    Check out their message board. There must be at least six separate threads about people vowing to never watch another episode. Their viewers are about to riot, they want someone to pay them for what they've had to endure of late!

That said, if Nikki reaches for a glass of Vodka one more time and doesn't drink it, I may show up and throw it in her face. I wonder if the writers, director etc. ever watch the show to see the crap they've produced.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/15 08:49AM
    #24   2014/08/15 09:16AM
    Ruby and Teddy

Quote zahzoo:
    Quote heidiyrfan: Does anyone else laugh/cringe when they watch these storylines lately? They seem so corny! It seems like the storylines are going bad but also the way they are acted out. It seems like the actors and actresses are about to burst out laughing at any minute.

The Nikki/Paul/Christine ones and the Hillary/Neil/Lily/Devon ones are the worst!

I must admit some of my favorite storylines lately have to do with Summer/Victoria/Dylan/Stitch/Nick&Sharon/Mariah.

It is pretty sad that most of these are newer characters except Nick&Sharon! I hope the writers are not doing this on purpose to phase us off some of the longer standing characters.

I CAN'T SEE I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE how I'm way too old for my wife! I CAN'T SEE!!!

Noooo. Not corny at all lol!!!

Zahzoo - I can't stop laughing. Thanks for the great amusement.

#25   2014/08/15 09:19AM
    Ruby and Teddy

Quote Paddy52: I mostly roll my eyes and shake my head! How did this show get so ridiculously stupid!!!!!!!

Answer: stupid writers

#26   2014/08/15 12:21PM
    Galazz

The newbies are the charades that I tune in, with the exception of Phyllis. Shick, Niktor, Paul, Jack, Kevin are a complete bore to me.

#27   2014/08/15 12:50PM
    pdames4

All soaps are basically corny and I have been watching for over 50 years with the exception of taking a hiatus last year because the NONE of the writing for any of the storylines was to my liking. NOT ONE!!! I actually am enjoying most of these story lines now. If I did not like them, I would not be on a board posting about them...that's just my general consensus. They cannot please everybody who watches. I generally will pick the storylines that I do like and just sigh and say "Oh Well".....to the ones I don't like. I realize that for every ONE that I don't like, there is an audience somewhere who does like it. ...There are too may folks watching for the writers to please EVERYONE and the writers know that.....I would just be happy if Hilary beat Lily senseless and she would stop all her whining for at least one month. However, as much as I want to slap her across the face, I still watch. I really enjoyed it when Cane told her he ould not stand all the DRAMA...that was the most realistic scene I had the pleasure of watching in ages.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/15 12:56PM
    #28   2014/08/16 01:36PM
    lindaj18

Quote mayre: I pretty much kick my own butt for wasting my time watching it- control is all mine- I FF through much of it..I am just waiting for Adam to exonerated then I can stop watching completely-

I completely agree with you. I don't know why I watch, just habit. I missed three days because I had guests in town, and I have to admit, it was refreshing.

I've signed up for classes that begin in September, just so I can put myself on another path. I just can't watch this anymore, and when I go through the list of any story I really care about, there are none.

I think they'll cancel Y&R very soon. They just don't have the staff who understand the history of the show and what good reveal writing is all about. It's sad and I will miss the old Y&R. I did a checklist that was the defining factor for me;

Nick & Sharon care a little Michael & Lauren/care a little

Paul care a little

Nikki, Victor, Summer, Austin, Jill, Colin, Courtney, Noah, Dylan, Avery, Jack, Phyllis, Harding, Kevin, Abby, Leslie, Stitch, Victoria, Billy, Chelsea Conor, Adam's hand,Cray-Cray Kelly, Ian ,Helen, Mariah even poor dear Esther. DON"T CARE !

It's time to stop wasting a good God-given day on mindless drivel. Think I'll go for a swim instead.

#29   2014/08/16 02:05PM
    TiaB

Quote lindaj18:
    Quote mayre: I pretty much kick my own butt for wasting my time watching it- control is all mine- I FF through much of it..I am just waiting for Adam to exonerated then I can stop watching completely-

I completely agree with you. I don't know why I watch, just habit. I missed three days because I had guests in town, and I have to admit, it was refreshing.

I've signed up for classes that begin in September, just so I can put myself on another path. I just can't watch this anymore, and when I go through the list of any story I really care about, there are none.

I think they'll cancel Y&R very soon. They just don't have the staff who understand the history of the show and what good reveal writing is all about. It's sad and I will miss the old Y&R. I did a checklist that was the defining factor for me;

Nick & Sharon care a little Michael & Lauren/care a little

Paul care a little

Nikki, Victor, Summer, Austin, Jill, Colin, Courtney, Noah, Dylan, Avery, Jack, Phyllis, Harding, Kevin, Abby, Leslie, Stitch, Victoria, Billy, Chelsea Conor, Adam's hand,Cray-Cray Kelly, Ian ,Helen, Mariah even poor dear Esther. DON"T CARE !

It's time to stop wasting a good God-given day on mindless drivel. Think I'll go for a swim instead.

You read my mind! I was just thinking that if I went to the gym for the last 30+ years for an hour instead of watching this silly soap my thighs would be wonderful!

#30   2014/08/16 04:50PM
    CountyWaterford

Aaha, I actually think the "crap" you refer to and ITA would be more interesting to watch than the show. At least we know: 1.) it would not take as long to meet its end; 2.) we would know the end of the s/l (unless this bunch of writers got ahold of the crap first) without having to wait a year or more!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list