List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Started by heidiyrfan at 2014/08/14 07:56AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/18 12:26AM, Views: 3059, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2014/08/14 02:02PM
    Re: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.
    jb4me

So corny that I had to change the channel last night when my husband walked in the room and started watching with me. I was actually embarrassed to be watching such a lame program.

Jack and Kelly take the corniest award.

#12   2014/08/14 02:19PM
    mayre

Quote jb4me: So corny that I had to change the channel last night when my husband walked in the room and started watching with me. I was actually embarrassed to be watching such a lame program.

Jack and Kelly take the corniest award.

lol.. I do the same exact thing...

#13   2014/08/14 04:22PM
    rancher

Some things are corny and some are just dumb. But....I like to watch so I can laugh. When Kelly wore that top thing on her head, I laughed out loud. When Michael and Kevin are fighting in the police station, I giggled. Then....today I
    laughed when the "polite" DR. told the rude idiots to leave the room.

At my age, you have to enjoy the little things in life.

#14   2014/08/14 10:32PM
    apple1950

I feel exactly the way Christine feels about Nikki. I roll my eyes constantly when Nikki is on the screen. Jill and Colin are ridiculous. I can't even stomach Gloria, Kevin, Michael, and Lauren anymore. Lily is out of control. Can's function is to be a bouncer for Her. Bonaventure? Stupid storyline that has never made any sense and seems to have been dropped. Just mentioning Katherine Chancellor does not bring any class to this show.

#15   2014/08/15 12:54AM
    spiritual7djs

I hate that I'm complaining so much about the show but the stories now are so far beneath what I've come to expect from Y&R that I too am embarrassed that I still watch. It looks like everybody's just running into one another with no real direction. None of the stories are developing properly since they either are rushed or dragged out. Neil and Hilary were rushed which ruined a really good opportunity for Hilary and Devon's relationship to feel more organic and give us fans a chance to get on board. On the other end the Sharon paternity switch secret has really missed the "sell by date" so much so it's just stupid.

As for the Dylan/Ian/Paul, well? Harding, Courtney, Mariah ...do we care? So many stupid sinister plans in GC, as my Mom would say, less is more. Victoria/Stitch/NewNuBilly...hate it. Every week a new character who adds absolutely nothing to the value of the show, in fact it's very irritating to me. I'm a Lane fan but how is it that 3 grown azz men haven't shut Lily down, not to mention Hilary?

Just so sad. So very sad.

#16   2014/08/15 04:30AM
    jb4me

Quote rancher: Some things are corny and some are just dumb. But....I like to watch so I can laugh. When Kelly wore that top thing on her head, I laughed out loud. When Michael and Kevin are fighting in the police station, I giggled. Then....today I
    laughed when the "polite" DR. told the rude idiots to leave the room.

At my age, you have to enjoy the little things in life.

Think I'll start laughing (although I did laugh at that thing on Kelly's head) instead of shaking my head. You are so right about the age comment.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/15 04:31AM
    #17   2014/08/15 04:55AM
    Blue 501

For a while last year, I was sure one couple was playing it for laughs. So over the top that they seemed like caricatures. But who knows? Maybe the script called for it.

#18   2014/08/15 06:27AM
    Daily Laugh

Sometimes I get really frustrated..but mostly I laugh. It IS a soap opera, after all, and what I call my 'mindless entertainment'.
    And the actors have to be pretty good to keep straight faces while saying some of the lines.

#19   2014/08/15 06:43AM
    Karl127

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: NOOO I am not laughing at all.. I find it very sad that Y&R has become just another stupid soap... no worse than the others.

I'm not laughing either, at times I'm disgusted and turn Yn off. I disagree with YnR is no worse than other soaps. There is one soap out there that should be #1 instead of YnR. Story lines are better, flowing from one story to another is better, sets are so much better, etc.

#20   2014/08/15 07:08AM
    Blue 501

It's probably no worse than it ever was. I have always been embarrassed for my family to know I watched soaps but I HAVE ared it down to just one even though I am retired.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list