List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Started by heidiyrfan at 2014/08/14 07:56AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/18 12:26AM, Views: 3201, Replies: 37
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/08/14 07:56AM
    Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.
    heidiyrfan

Does anyone else laugh/cringe when they watch these storylines lately? They seem so corny! It seems like the storylines are going bad but also the way they are acted out. It seems like the actors and actresses are about to burst out laughing at any minute.

The Nikki/Paul/Christine ones and the Hillary/Neil/Lily/Devon ones are the worst!

I must admit some of my favorite storylines lately have to do with Summer/Victoria/Dylan/Stitch/Nick&Sharon/Mariah.

It is pretty sad that most of these are newer characters except Nick&Sharon! I hope the writers are not doing this on purpose to phase us off some of the longer standing characters.

#2   2014/08/14 08:40AM
    Re: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.
    dawn888

yes its very corny and stupid lately. We can all predict whats going to happen in every single storyline.

#3   2014/08/14 08:55AM
    cavi

I'd laugh...if I weren't crying.

#4   2014/08/14 09:25AM
    simplypeachie

I FF through any scene containing Summer. IMHO, that is the lamest SL on Y&R currently.

#5   2014/08/14 09:32AM
    cavi

Quote simplypeachie: I FF through any scene containing Summer. IMHO, that is the lamest SL on Y&R currently.

I do like romances that are intense with an us-against-the-world quality and I do love some over-the-top romances (like Hope and Wyatt's wedding jump in the ocean yesterday), but in order to be great it has to be very intense and very romantic, not in the middle like Austin and Summer. I prefer realism, but if the stories are going to choose one of the old cliche routes, then I want them to really push the envelope and try making the cliche fresh again.

#6   2014/08/14 10:06AM
    shssily

I fast forward: with Lauren and Michael Summer and Austin - Jill and Colin geesh that's half of the show..

#7   2014/08/14 11:07AM
    mayre

I pretty much kick my own butt for wasting my time watching it- control is all mine- I FF through much of it..I am just waiting for Adam to exonerated then I can stop watching completely-

#8   2014/08/14 11:43AM
    sassyfrase

I am still waiting on to find out who killed Dee
    Have they forgot about it??? Or do they want us too??
    So stupid, I never even hear them saying anything about the investigation. So do they just assume Adam did it.

I also read that it would be November before Adam return's.

Why so long??
    Well I guess it will be two more years (IF THIS SHOW LAST THAT LONG) before we find out the real killer of Dee!!
    My bet is the show won't last that long, with these writers!!
    By the way please get rid of Kelly and Stitch, I think these two have stirred up enough Already and let them PLEASE take LILY with them. I couldn't stop lolling when the DR let Hilary go in first to see Neil. That look on Lily's face was worth the whole show.

#9   2014/08/14 11:55AM
    zahzoo

Quote heidiyrfan: Does anyone else laugh/cringe when they watch these storylines lately? They seem so corny! It seems like the storylines are going bad but also the way they are acted out. It seems like the actors and actresses are about to burst out laughing at any minute.

The Nikki/Paul/Christine ones and the Hillary/Neil/Lily/Devon ones are the worst!

I must admit some of my favorite storylines lately have to do with Summer/Victoria/Dylan/Stitch/Nick&Sharon/Mariah.

It is pretty sad that most of these are newer characters except Nick&Sharon! I hope the writers are not doing this on purpose to phase us off some of the longer standing characters.

I CAN'T SEE I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE how I'm way too old for my wife! I CAN'T SEE!!!

Noooo. Not corny at all lol!!!

#10   2014/08/14 02:00PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

NOOO I am not laughing at all.. I find it very sad that Y&R has become just another stupid soap... no worse than the others.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list