List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Started by ski lady at 2014/08/07 11:09AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/27 11:29AM, Views: 6422, Replies: 115
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #81   2014/08/11 11:02AM
    Re: Summer and Austin - Together forever?
    Charlie h

Todays show with Christmas was way too sappy......yikes!

#82   2014/08/11 11:30AM
    cavi

I hated Summer's hair. Her hair curled always looks so boring and aging. Last week she wore it straight and it also appeared shorter and it was very current and youthful. I don't know why the show gives her the conservative girly-girl treatment with the curls. It's so blah.

#83   2014/08/11 11:34AM
    CountyWaterford

You're right Cavi - used in "The November Christmas" as well! I love their Christmas in July weekends, then starting in October through early January. Had to watch Home Alone I and II this weekend twice and laugh myself silly... I turn the a/c down LOW, (we are still wearing shorts here on Christmas Day), get the blanket, popcorn, hot cocoa and my Jack Russell cuddles and we watch movies - he barks at the Elves, not the reindeer, go figure...

#84   2014/08/11 11:38AM
    cavi

Quote CountyWaterford: You're right Cavi - used in "The November Christmas" as well! I love their Christmas in July weekends, then starting in October through early January. Had to watch Home Alone I and II this weekend twice and laugh myself silly... I turn the a/c down LOW, (we are still wearing shorts here on Christmas Day), get the blanket, popcorn, hot cocoa and my Jack Russell cuddles and we watch movies - he barks at the Elves, not the reindeer, go figure...

How funny. There was this one movie shown where Mrs. Claus goes to be a nanny or housekeeper for a family with parents considering divorce. Santa comes looking for her with the help of his head elf. I have to wonder if your dog barked at that movie!

Did you see the movie about the three brothers whose sister's daughter comes to live with them? Her parents have died. She doesn't speak now. Then she sees a new toy store's doll house and is entranced. One brother falls in love with the store owner. I love that one!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/11 11:42AM
    #85   2014/08/11 12:04PM
    CountyWaterford

Oh Cavi we are OT , Mrs. Claus went to NYC, Santa found her atop the Empire State Bldg; the 3 brothers remodeled the 3 story Victorian house - just saw that one a few weeks ago. I loved it too! We all know Austin isn't going anywhere, I imagine all the jail cells in GC are empty and Paul should be afraid, wonder why the Bug doesn't prosecute Austin? She is the Prosecutor, Summer helped him - so she should go down too! Of course, Billy Boy took Adam at gunpoint and got by with it! Lord, the Bug could get jealous of Nikki and off Paul and skate by the system. Paul, Paul be afraid very afraid, Christine could get P.O.'d at you...

#86   2014/08/11 12:10PM
    trinilisa

Quote Galazz:
    Quote tother tinks: They tried to have Summer and Fenn more than once and they just had zero chemistry together, so it would never work and we agree on that.

This whole Austin storyline seemed totally last minute and thrown together. It is too rushed, and they are not good enough actors to make it look like effortless passion, which is how it has to look based on how much time they've known each other. Part of the young love plots soaps use over the summer is you have to believe them as a couple and I don't. They look uncomfortable. The story is cheesy, not romantic.

The only one she even remotely fit with was/is Kyle.

Well folks will hate Summer because one she is Phyllis' daughter and second because she is the reason poor widdle Sharon is going to get her bell rung. Soaps are fighting for their lives. They need young characters, couples and storylines and they need them yesterday! I never saw the writers trying to make Fen and Summer a couple. I saw Fen pining for Summer when she was pining for Kyle!

...Not to mention that HK is being blamed as the aledged reason for MM's firing; she was crusified all over for not allowing the aledged incident to be brushed over because of MM's stature...sorry, it was all over here in January of this year...
    Personally, I don't like Summer/Austin. I think that Austin will use her. As for beint forever, I doubt it will be a smoothe ride; I'm sure they will both cheat and be in all kinds of termoil like every other soap couple. Who knows; they just might continue to find their way back to each other ala Nictor/Shick, but on the other hand, they have the potential of becoming yet another toxic couple...

#87   2014/08/11 12:14PM
    Galazz

Quote cavi: I hated Summer's hair. Her hair curled always looks so boring and aging. Last week she wore it straight and it also appeared shorter and it was very current and youthful. I don't know why the show gives her the conservative girly-girl treatment with the curls. It's so blah.

No Summer isn't getting the same treatment as that sleazy con Mariah, but such is life.

#88   2014/08/11 12:16PM
    Galazz

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Galazz:
    Quote tother tinks: They tried to have Summer and Fenn more than once and they just had zero chemistry together, so it would never work and we agree on that.

This whole Austin storyline seemed totally last minute and thrown together. It is too rushed, and they are not good enough actors to make it look like effortless passion, which is how it has to look based on how much time they've known each other. Part of the young love plots soaps use over the summer is you have to believe them as a couple and I don't. They look uncomfortable. The story is cheesy, not romantic.

Well folks will hate Summer because one she is Phyllis' daughter and second because she is the reason poor widdle Sharon is going to get her bell rung. Soaps are fighting for their lives. They need young characters, couples and storylines and they need them yesterday! I never saw the writers trying to make Fen and Summer a couple. I saw Fen pining for Summer when she was pining for Kyle!

...Not to mention that HK is being blamed as the aledged reason for MM's firing; she was crusified all over for not allowing the aledged incident to be brushed over because of MM's stature...sorry, it was all over here in January of this year...
    Personally, I don't like Summer/Austin. I think that Austin will use her. As for beint forever, I doubt it will be a smoothe ride; I'm sure they will both cheat and be in all kinds of termoil like every other soap couple. Who knows; they just might continue to find their way back to each other ala Nictor/Shick, but on the other hand, they have the potential of becoming yet another toxic couple...

I keep reading all these theories about Austin. So far evey one has been proven wrong.

#89   2014/08/11 12:21PM
    Galazz

Summer or rather HK is being blamed for MM leaving the show and she is getting bashed for not wanting that creepy little dork Fen.

#90   2014/08/11 12:34PM
    trinilisa

Quote Galazz:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Galazz:

I keep reading all these theories about Austin. So far evey one has been proven wrong.

Oh, I do think he is using her, and Heaven forbid if/when Kyle eventually comes back and the truth comes out...I think he might turn into a stalker or something...
    Now that said, this is my theory, but I have said nothing so far about NOT wanting to be proved wrong. With what Summer has gone through at the hands of Sharon, she needs some form of stability in her life, be it a perceived mature form or not...

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list