List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Started by ski lady at 2014/08/07 11:09AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/27 11:29AM, Views: 5924, Replies: 115
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #71   2014/08/08 07:41PM
    Re: Summer and Austin - Together forever?
    ski lady

OP Here. I think they are an adorable couple, but frankly, I'm not that into them yet. It just seems to me like maybe the writers are trying to build the new Shick. If that's the case, I hope they'll treat us to small doses for awhile, until we develop confidence that Austin's a good guy now and until we really pull for them as a couple.

#72   2014/08/08 08:17PM
    Galazz

Quote ski lady: OP Here. I think they are an adorable couple, but frankly, I'm not that into them yet. It just seems to me like maybe the writers are trying to build the new Shick. If that's the case, I hope they'll treat us to small doses for awhile, until we develop confidence that Austin's a good guy now and until we really pull for them as a couple.

Or the writers could just give up and not bother with any couples under the age of 40. Or they could try turning Mariah and Kevin into their golden couple, see how that works.

#73   2014/08/08 09:51PM
    Galazz

I have read very things about them for the Monday US show. Very touching and very sweet. ahhh I am looking forward to seeing Austin help Summer with her mother.

#74   2014/08/10 10:18AM
    pattyO64

They might look good together but I think Austin is still the love of her life and he needs to come back, this can be a great match for Austin.

#75   2014/08/10 10:21AM
    Galazz

Quote pattyO64: They might look good together but I think Austin is still the love of her life and he needs to come back, this can be a great match for Austin.

Yes I hope Kyle does come back. That would be a great triangle.

#76   2014/08/10 11:39AM
    Galazz

I am looking forward to seeing Summer, Phyllis and Austin interact.

#77   2014/08/11 10:01AM
    CountyWaterford

OK, we know the writers have a serious problem with imagination and skill with all the people on Y&R, but as of today could the new word be plagiarism? The Summer/Austin Christmas gift storyline was a movie on Hallmark year before last and last year. Young couple married, everyone said no way it would last, they were "really broke!" Far from loaded like Summer is! Lived in small, dingy apartment (unlike S&A). They sold something dear to them to buy the other a very important gift for Christmas! And I do think it may have been a lens for a camera for the girl and a steering wheel for the guy. He was re-doing an old car, sold it to buy the lens, she sold the camera to buy the steering wheel. The movie had much more effect than today's show with Summer and Austin! We deserve so much better than the crap we are getting now!

#78   2014/08/11 10:26AM
    cavi

Quote CountyWaterford: OK, we know the writers have a serious problem with imagination and skill with all the people on Y&R, but as of today could the new word be plagiarism? The Summer/Austin Christmas gift storyline was a movie on Hallmark year before last and last year. Young couple married, everyone said no way it would last, they were "really broke!" Far from loaded like Summer is! Lived in small, dingy apartment (unlike S&A). They sold something dear to them to buy the other a very important gift for Christmas! And I do think it may have been a lens for a camera for the girl and a steering wheel for the guy. He was re-doing an old car, sold it to buy the lens, she sold the camera to buy the steering wheel. The movie had much more effect than today's show with Summer and Austin! We deserve so much better than the crap we are getting now!

I've seen the old O. Henry story "Gift of the Magi" used in TV stories over the years, but, yeah, using the lens as gift from the movie was pretty coincidental, at the very least. I love watching Hallmark during the Xmas season and had actually been thinking that YR had stolen from another of their holiday movies. I don't know the name of the movie, but in it a daughter has cancer and the family decides to move all the holidays up so that she can celebrate them, starting with Halloween. (I just looked it up. It's called "The November Christmas.")

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/11 10:27AM
    #79   2014/08/11 10:59AM
    adamfan

Ausum says it all !

#80   2014/08/11 11:01AM
    adamfan

great name.. ausum

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list