List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I CAN NO LONGER KEEP QUIET!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I CAN NO LONGER KEEP QUIET!

Started by YRWTH at 2014/06/30 10:26PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/01 06:45PM, Views: 2594, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2014/06/30 10:26PM
    I CAN NO LONGER KEEP QUIET!
    YRWTH

I've watched Y&R for 30 years and all of a sudden I feel embarrassed for the show! What is going on? I thought Victor's family vowed to hate him forever because of what he did to Sharon but now Nikki is back with him and Victoria is over there giving him love??? Why is Victoria being written as an undeniable wh0re who doesn't know who fathered her child? This mess with Nikki and Dylan /Paul makes NO sense! What happened to Newman/Jabot/Chancellor? Is it becoming a hospital drama? What's with all the new cast of characters? Why are they getting rid of the treasured families? Who cares about Sitich, Ian, Mariah, Tyler, Austin, Kelly, Noah's GF and all their exes??? Too many Billy's and I still have trouble figuring out which one is Summer and which one is Abby! These hospital scenes are amateurish at best! There was such great opportunities to carry on Katherine's memory with a great storyline but I went from getting frustrated about the music box to not even caring anymore! And why tear the Winter's family apart? Ughhhhh There is NO passion! These stories are making veteran actors look like bad actors!

#2   2014/07/01 01:43AM
    Re: I CAN NO LONGER KEEP QUIET!
    effers

The writing has killed this once great show. Phelps is the reason.

#3   2014/07/01 04:55AM
    jb4me

Quote YRWTH: I've watched Y&R for 30 years and all of a sudden I feel embarrassed for the show! What is going on? I thought Victor's family vowed to hate him forever because of what he did to Sharon but now Nikki is back with him and Victoria is over there giving him love??? Why is Victoria being written as an undeniable wh0re who doesn't know who fathered her child? This mess with Nikki and Dylan /Paul makes NO sense! What happened to Newman/Jabot/Chancellor? Is it becoming a hospital drama? What's with all the new cast of characters? Why are they getting rid of the treasured families? Who cares about Sitich, Ian, Mariah, Tyler, Austin, Kelly, Noah's GF and all their exes??? Too many Billy's and I still have trouble figuring out which one is Summer and which one is Abby! These hospital scenes are amateurish at best! There was such great opportunities to carry on Katherine's memory with a great storyline but I went from getting frustrated about the music box to not even caring anymore! And why tear the Winter's family apart? Ughhhhh There is NO passion! These stories are making veteran actors look like bad actors!

I've been watching since the beginning, too. I've said many times that the writers completely missed the boat with Katherine's death. Had they known the show's history as long time fans do, her death could have opened many great storylines. A missed opportunity to focus on the veterans and get back to the drama of Chancellor, Jabot and Newman Enterprises.

#4   2014/07/01 06:59AM
    BabygirlAH

Quote YRWTH: I've watched Y&R for 30 years and all of a sudden I feel embarrassed for the show! What is going on? I thought Victor's family vowed to hate him forever because of what he did to Sharon but now Nikki is back with him and Victoria is over there giving him love??? Why is Victoria being written as an undeniable wh0re who doesn't know who fathered her child? This mess with Nikki and Dylan /Paul makes NO sense! What happened to Newman/Jabot/Chancellor? Is it becoming a hospital drama? What's with all the new cast of characters? Why are they getting rid of the treasured families? Who cares about Sitich, Ian, Mariah, Tyler, Austin, Kelly, Noah's GF and all their exes??? Too many Billy's and I still have trouble figuring out which one is Summer and which one is Abby! These hospital scenes are amateurish at best! There was such great opportunities to carry on Katherine's memory with a great storyline but I went from getting frustrated about the music box to not even caring anymore! And why tear the Winter's family apart? Ughhhhh There is NO passion! These stories are making veteran actors look like bad actors!

You sure are right. Summer and Abby are practically twins.

#5   2014/07/01 01:51PM
    mswadel

Vicki is NOT a wh0re! Neither her husband Billy or new beau Stitch paid for her favors!! And 2 men in a WTD does not make a woman a wh0re either; what about the one with 3 canditates for WTD a few years ago?

#6   2014/07/01 01:59PM
    Blue 501

Quote mswadel: Vicki is NOT a wh0re! Neither her husband Billy or new beau Stitch paid for her favors!! And 2 men in a WTD does not make a woman a wh0re either; what about the one with 3 canditates for WTD a few years ago?

Two lovers don't make a woman what you said but three, stretched over a few months, & two of them ex-husbands, does? I am glad that has been cleared up.

#7   2014/07/01 04:31PM
    SenoritaRita

I too am a long time viewer, from the very beginning. Everything you said speak the truth about our beloved soap.
    There was a time when I would record the show on VCR, rush home to watch it while I cooked dinner or prepare To study when I was in school. But now, if I watch it on TV guide channel in the evening or not. OH WELL! I know longer have the passion or desire to really see it. I just watch to see what they're going to do next. And if I don't watch, I'll read it on soaps.com.

#8   2014/07/01 04:36PM
    SadieM

The show is way downhill.

The endless Summer paternity story with the writers apparently in their effort to make Sharon saintly seem to think it "OK" for Summer to have two fathers.

Jack looks like a total fool with Kelly. He looks like a man who puts his "needs" ahead of his fiancee and chooses the most inappropriate woman.

The Victoria/Billy/Stitch plot is excrutiating

The rushed marriage of Chris and Paul and her all of a sudden wanting a baby. It would have been more realistic had she really wanted a baby for years.

Austin-Summer plot is the pits.

#9   2014/07/01 06:31PM
    beginner

I wish something would happen with Stitch/Billy/Victoria. Tell what he did. I was hoping Jill finding the necklace would send a really heartfelt message to Jill. Who cares if her husband owes money. Please someone save this soap. Those long fade out shots between the actors are getting so annoying and predictable.

#10   2014/07/01 06:45PM
    y.nr

YRWTH... you said it all!!! I think this woman Sony hired has had it out for Y & R for so long, that it is her agenda to kill it! You cannot switch sides that easily in my opinion. I said to myself it looks like a weak GH with all of the hospital scenes. Somebody wants to run this show into the ground. I have been saying for yrs.. SABBOTAGE!!! The young execs do not want this show anymore, however they cannot explain to their stockholders pulling the plug on Daytime's #1 show, but they can EASILY explain pulling the plug on this. When having a party, one hires a band, caterer...etc... When some one wants to kill something off.. they hire an ASSASIN...and that is just what this woman is, and TPTB know it!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list