List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Started by SadieM at 2014/06/28 07:25PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/01 04:45PM, Views: 2865, Replies: 61
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #41   2014/07/01 08:59AM
    Re: Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk
    Coonfoot

Responding to messages further up regarding older people and the veterans who made this soap #1. There's no way in hell they are going to get rid of the older actors on this soap. The demographics do not support such a thing. Most 18-34 year olds are working and don't watch soaps. That's fact. Stop spewing derogatory remarks about older people!!! It doesn't sit very well with us older people!!!!

#42   2014/07/01 11:53AM
    Paggie

Quote CdnMama: I don't think she's too old at all. I've watched her on the show since she was known as Cricket too and I always thought she was younger than Paul. Besides it's good to have our show vets have front running storylines besides the newbies "Stitch" and Kelly being rammed down our throats every day.

The only problem I have, and I don't know if anyone else remembers this conversation between Cricket and Lauren and I thought maybe I heard wrong- I thought that she did find out that she was indeed pregnant and just hadn't told Paul yet and was headed out of town?????

No she told Lauren that she wasn't pregnant yet and planned to tell Paul that when she got back to town. I thought it was kind of a weird conversation at the time but guess it was to frame the context of the upcoming story by re-stating the fact that she and Paul hoped to have a child together. Makes the impact of the Dylan reveal much more emotional and dismaying for her.

#43   2014/07/01 12:04PM
    CdnMama

Quote Paggie:
    Quote CdnMama: I don't think she's too old at all. I've watched her on the show since she was known as Cricket too and I always thought she was younger than Paul. Besides it's good to have our show vets have front running storylines besides the newbies "Stitch" and Kelly being rammed down our throats every day.

The only problem I have, and I don't know if anyone else remembers this conversation between Cricket and Lauren and I thought maybe I heard wrong- I thought that she did find out that she was indeed pregnant and just hadn't told Paul yet and was headed out of town?????

No she told Lauren that she wasn't pregnant yet and planned to tell Paul that when she got back to town. I thought it was kind of a weird conversation at the time but guess it was to frame the context of the upcoming story by re-stating the fact that she and Paul hoped to have a child together. Makes the impact of the Dylan reveal much more emotional and dismaying for her.

Oh thank you so much for clearing that up for me!!! I was very confused, it was indeed a very strange conversation. I took it as she took a pg test and was waiting to tell him because he took off after Dylan/Avery and she was heading out of town. So thank you for helping me out I was confused!

#44   2014/07/01 12:05PM
    janetb

Christine knew she wasn't pregnant and was going to tell Paul when she came back from her business trip. she knew he'd be disappointed. Then he got shot and she had much more serious problems to worry about.

#45   2014/07/01 12:09PM
    deceived

Quote Coonfoot: Responding to messages further up regarding older people and the veterans who made this soap #1. There's no way in hell they are going to get rid of the older actors on this soap. The demographics do not support such a thing. Most 18-34 year olds are working and don't watch soaps. That's fact. Stop spewing derogatory remarks about older people!!! It doesn't sit very well with us older people!!!!

It's actor bashing all day long... I am 56 been watching for over 30 years...I have another 30 years to go, and will make the best of it... I am not old!!! AND Jack is NOT acting like a 30 year old... he is in love again... that's all...

#46   2014/07/01 12:26PM
    Galazz

Quote deceived:
    Quote Coonfoot: Responding to messages further up regarding older people and the veterans who made this soap #1. There's no way in hell they are going to get rid of the older actors on this soap. The demographics do not support such a thing. Most 18-34 year olds are working and don't watch soaps. That's fact. Stop spewing derogatory remarks about older people!!! It doesn't sit very well with us older people!!!!

It's actor bashing all day long... I am 56 been watching for over 30 years...I have another 30 years to go, and will make the best of it... I am not old!!! AND Jack is NOT acting like a 30 year old... he is in love again... that's all...

It is not actor bashing. We are talking about the character not the actors. How is this different than talking about a character that has been sorased? As for Jack the way he was acting all hot and bothered over Kelly was ridiculous and hilarious! That kind of behavior from Tyler, Austin or Devon, yes. But Jack and Neil look foolish.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/01 12:29PM
    #47   2014/07/01 12:29PM
    deceived

Quote Galazz:
    Quote deceived:

It is not actor bashing. We are talking about the character not the actors. How is this different than talking about a character that has been sorased? As for Jack the way he was acting all hot and bothered over Kelly was ridiculous and hilarious!

Jack is the most romantic guy on Y&R... I wish my husband was more like him... he goes all out with flowers, candy, candlelight dinner, trips... he did it for Phyllis, and others... he's a great guy...

#48   2014/07/01 12:32PM
    Galazz

Quote deceived:
    Quote Galazz:
    Quote deceived:

Oh please no, not Phyllis! I would rather see her stay single forever.

It is not actor bashing. We are talking about the character not the actors. How is this different than talking about a character that has been sorased? As for Jack the way he was acting all hot and bothered over Kelly was ridiculous and hilarious!

Jack is the most romantic guy on Y&R... I wish my husband was more like him... he goes all out with flowers, candy, candlelight dinner, trips... he did it for Phyllis, and others... he's a great guy...

#49   2014/07/01 01:48PM
    Coonfoot

Quote deceived:
    Quote Galazz:
    Quote deceived:

Yes he is and I would love to be in Kelly's shoes right now!!! LOL!

#50   2014/07/01 01:50PM
    Coonfoot

Quote deceived:

Oh, I know you're not old and neither am I (got a couple of years on you), but wanted to make a point. Just because we are over 35 does not mean we can't still fall in love and be romantic. Why wouldn't we want to see it on soaps? DOH!! Someone will understand after they are over that "hill." LOL!!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list