List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Started by SadieM at 2014/06/28 07:25PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/01 04:45PM, Views: 2627, Replies: 61
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2014/06/29 02:49PM
    Re: Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk
    YoungBoldLady50

Quote Paggie:
    Quote Galazz:
    Quote Paggie:
    Quote Cuid1: The fact that a woman is in her late forties doesn't mean she can't have a baby. Her odds are slimmer than a woman in her twenties and thirties. However, there is still the possibility. I think Lauren being in her fifties was a a lot more unbelievable being pregnant. The actress Christine is rocking her scenes, amazing performance.

Have to agree. Lauralee Bell is doing some of her best work ever in this story. I noticed she was listed 5th
    out of all soap actresses in this weeks soap "top thirty performances" countdown. DD was first! Yay & & R!

No way is Christine too old to have a child. She is 44/45 on the show. There are many women who successfully start families late in life. Halle Berry had a child last year at age 46. Eileen Davidson was 44 when she had her son.
    I'm hoping Paul and Chris will still have a child together regardless of the reveal that he fathered Dylan. Not the same parenting connection as raising a child from birth.

I said again, that is almost impossible for a woman to have a baby after the age of 46. If this is not true, then please inform the American Medical Association because this comes directly from them. Some women conceive after 44 WITH very expensive medical intervention. But even then, it's rare. Characters age, that's the bad news about keeping the same characters around for so long.

Viewers age too! Love our vets! They are the characters I know so well and who have kept me tuned in for so many years. They provide the continuity and the heart of the show. Look at the outpouring of grief when Katharine died - the outrage when John was killed off. Long time characters matter. Soaps have always been about multi generational stories and characters. We need both.

And to be honest I don't look to soap operas for medical authenticity! I appreciate good story with a reasonable suspension of disbelief. AMA facts notwithstanding it's still within the realm of soap opera writing for Christine to conceive if the scribes so wish it. Just as they did with Ashley.

Amen!!Paggie!!You nailed it. I concur with you're post 110%. If Christine wants to have a baby with her husband it's her CHOICE! Age may or may not be a factor whether or not she can achieve her goal but if this is what she's Chooses do at this stage of life then she should go for it. Ending with the cliches, "age is just a number and a state of mind, nothing is impossible, because impossible is nothing"..especially in good ole Genoa City!

#22   2014/06/29 03:00PM
    Galazz

Ok, well that explains why Nikki has a 45 year old son with Paul who she thought was Ian's, but oops he really Paul's but Nikki forgot she slept with Paul or that she became pregnant by him or um whatever. It's classic soap opera logic.

That also explains why the writers can't expand the soap audience.

#23   2014/06/29 03:23PM
    frostysmygirl

Quote Galazz: Ok, well that explains why Nikki has a 45 year old son with Paul who she thought was Ian's, but oops he really Paul's but Nikki forgot she slept with Paul or that she became pregnant by him or um whatever. It's classic soap opera logic.

They really don't have to expand now do they? They are the number one soap on the air and have been far a lot of years. Its more like relationships like Summer and whats his name that might not keep people interested. But us long time viewers are a loyal bunch and will just ff through the garbage and still watch the soap.

#24   2014/06/29 04:00PM
    Galazz

Quote frostysmygirl:
    Quote Galazz: Ok, well that explains why Nikki has a 45 year old son with Paul who she thought was Ian's, but oops he really Paul's but Nikki forgot she slept with Paul or that she became pregnant by him or um whatever. It's classic soap opera logic.

They really don't have to expand now do they? They are the number one soap on the air and have been far a lot of years. Its more like relationships like Summer and whats his name that might not keep people interested. But us long time viewers are a loyal bunch and will just ff through the garbage and still watch the soap.

What? If Y&R is going to stay on the air beyond the current contract, it had better make a BIG improvement in the 18-49 year old demo, the 18-34 is the top demo, but most folks in that group are out of reach for a soap.

#25   2014/06/29 05:18PM
    twocentsworth

Well, I'm so glad I'm way out of both those age groups...I may have been a late bloomer to watching this soap, but began in 1986 and have been a loyal follower since then and I am over 60, shall we say... P.S. I had my first son at age 36 and my second just before turning 40...

#26   2014/06/29 05:37PM
    Galazz

Quote twocentsworth: Well, I'm so glad I'm way out of both those age groups...I may have been a late bloomer to watching this soap, but began in 1986 and have been a loyal follower since then and I am over 60, shall we say... P.S. I had my first son at age 36 and my second just before turning 40...

Many women wait to have their children later today and that's fine. We have that choice now. The problem according to that OB/GYN that was talking to Michelle Duggar (and the AMA info) is many women wait to late. If you look at the fertility chart for women it's astounding how much fertility drops after 40 and the chance of a having a baby with serious problems increases greatly.

#27   2014/06/29 06:33PM
    LJMOM812

Quote Galazz:
    Quote twocentsworth: Well, I'm so glad I'm way out of both those age groups...I may have been a late bloomer to watching this soap, but began in 1986 and have been a loyal follower since then and I am over 60, shall we say... P.S. I had my first son at age 36 and my second just before turning 40...

Many women wait to have their children later today and that's fine. We have that choice now. The problem according to that OB/GYN that was talking to Michelle Duggar (and the AMA info) is many women wait to late. If you look at the fertility chart for women it's astounding how much fertility drops after 40 and the chance of a having a baby with serious problems increases greatly.

I know they always say that about woman past 35 having difficulty and the babies being born with problems; but, I had three of my four after 35--the last one at 42 and all pregnancies were extremely normal. My babies were also fine with no problems. So I guess my perspective is that if Christine is in her early forties, it is not that far fetched for her to conceive and have a perfectly normal pregnancy.

#28   2014/06/29 06:51PM
    Galazz

Quote LJMOM812:
    Quote Galazz:

I know they always say that about woman past 35 having difficulty and the babies being born with problems; but, I had three of my four after 35--the last one at 42 and all pregnancies were extremely normal. My babies were also fine with no problems. So I guess my perspective is that if Christine is in her early forties, it is not that far fetched for her to conceive and have a perfectly normal pregnancy.

Ok. The ages on soaps make me crazy. lol! I assumed Christine (I don't dislike her) was about the same age Phyllis, Danny and that group is mid to late 40's. Anyway, I really doubt the writers will give her a child now that Nikki delivered Dylan. lol

#29   2014/06/29 08:11PM
    canukfan

I am trying to figure out how old Christine is. She moved to GC in 1983 to start her modeling career as a teen. I can't see her younger than 18 to be able to do this. So, this would show her as being at least 48.

Sorry, I think having your first child near 50 or older is a little selfish. She is not thinking the health risks for the baby or the extra stress for Paul who is nearing 60. Got, they will be in a nursing home by the time the child is older.

Just my own opinion - of course.

#30   2014/06/29 08:28PM
    SueQ

Quote villyforever55:
    Quote Galazz:
    Quote villyforever55: Se hasn't been talking about it that long and I don't see anything wrong with it. Imagine, a woman on this show actually putting her career first until she's in a good place with it, getting married and then deciding she's ready to have a baby with her husband, whom she loves. No accidents, attempts to trap a man, paternity lies or WTD issues. Will wonders never cease?

She is too old to get pregnant, period the end. It is totally ridiculous. Even WITH medical intervention, it's nearly impossible.

No, she's not too old and I hope it works out for her.

She is too old....."she" graduated from high school and started college EXACTLY when I did! She should be 46 or 47..... NOT. A good age for baby making!!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list