List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Started by SadieM at 2014/06/28 07:25PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/01 04:45PM, Views: 2785, Replies: 61
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #11   2014/06/29 06:48AM
    Re: Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk
    deceived

Quote janetb:
    Quote villyforever55: Se hasn't been talking about it that long and I don't see anything wrong with it. Imagine, a woman on this show actually putting her career first until she's in a good place with it, getting married and then deciding she's ready to have a baby with her husband, whom she loves. No accidents, attempts to trap a man, paternity lies or WTD issues. Will wonders never cease?

What a shock it would be to actually have a baby born without the need for a paternity test. How long did we have to listen to Victoria whining about a baby. Now she's pregnant and doesn't know who the father is. Christine and Paul want a baby and I hope they have one. Dylan is an adult and has a life of his own. He and Paul can have a good relationship but they'll never have the years of his childhood back. Nikki and Paul gave him life, but the McAvoys were his parents.

Yeah, what a shock, to have a planned pregnancy, when you have money in the bank to raise that child, etc... my sister did the same thing... they waited till they had $150,000 in the bank to raise their child, then started saving for the college fund... nothing wrong with that... I hope it works out for Paul and Christine.

#12   2014/06/29 07:22AM
    volfan

Quote Galazz:
    Quote villyforever55: Se hasn't been talking about it that long and I don't see anything wrong with it. Imagine, a woman on this show actually putting her career first until she's in a good place with it, getting married and then deciding she's ready to have a baby with her husband, whom she loves. No accidents, attempts to trap a man, paternity lies or WTD issues. Will wonders never cease?

She is too old to get pregnant, period the end. It is totally ridiculous. Even WITH medical intervention, it's nearly impossible.

You seem to always be down on the older characters on this show for wanting love and still wanting to enjoy a family life first it was Jack now it's Chris you're bashing for her age. She's not to old she's younger than Paul and there's nothing wrong with her trying to have a baby with her husband. She has every right for being upset with outsiders interfering with her life. Just because she's no longer a teenager doesn't mean she has to give up on her hopes and dreams and neither should none of the other older characters. Love lives on after 25 it's not just for the young and you should keep reaching and enjoying every moment of life while you can.

#13   2014/06/29 08:29AM
    canukfan

Chris is a little late wanting a child of her own now. She is in her late forties/early fifties. I felt sorry for Paul going through the dilemma of Chris wanting a baby and him wanting to please her. Now that Dylan is his son, Paul should be looking forward to grandchildren - not changing diapers.

I am not against women having children later in life, but there are quite a few risks when your hitting 50, to yourself and the baby. What is wrong with adopting is she wants a child so bad? Chris should be hitting menopause soon.

Maybe Paul also has sperm frozen (as everyone else in GC). Chris can just go in and steal some and use the turkey baster also - just like Chloe did with Billys.

#14   2014/06/29 08:55AM
    Galazz

Quote canukfan: Chris is a little late wanting a child of her own now. She is in her late forties/early fifties. I felt sorry for Paul going through the dilemma of Chris wanting a baby and him wanting to please her. Now that Dylan is his son, Paul should be looking forward to grandchildren - not changing diapers.

I am not against women having children later in life, but there are quite a few risks when your hitting 50, to yourself and the baby. What is wrong with adopting is she wants a child so bad? Chris should be hitting menopause soon.

Maybe Paul also has sperm frozen (as everyone else in GC). Chris can just go in and steal some and use the turkey baster also - just like Chloe did with Billys.

Thank you! I know Y&R is a soap, but even on a soap there has to be at least a modicum of common sense. Will Jill try to have a baby with Colin next? I am talking biology 101, it is nearly impossible for a woman to get pregnant after the age of 46, even WITH medical intervention!

#15   2014/06/29 09:00AM
    frostysmygirl

LMAO! Amen some characters no matter what they do just cant seem to win.

#16   2014/06/29 10:22AM
    hubbardfan

Quote frostysmygirl:

LMAO! Amen some characters no matter what they do just cant seem to win.

I agree! Some of these posters are relentless!! Why is Christine hated so much? Almost sounds like the hatred for *Adam; all the name-calling:the bug; cricket; *vent-crawling babynapper, etc.! Chris doesn't look that old to me, why can't she have a baby under medical supervision? Hey, LAUREN tried to have one, and she's older than Chris! What's good for the goose, is good for the gander!

#17   2014/06/29 12:13PM
    Cuid1

The fact that a woman is in her late forties doesn't mean she can't have a baby. Her odds are slimmer than a woman in her twenties and thirties. However, there is still the possibility. I think Lauren being in her fifties was a a lot more unbelievable being pregnant. The actress Christine is rocking her scenes, amazing performance.

#18   2014/06/29 12:29PM
    Paggie

Quote Cuid1: The fact that a woman is in her late forties doesn't mean she can't have a baby. Her odds are slimmer than a woman in her twenties and thirties. However, there is still the possibility. I think Lauren being in her fifties was a a lot more unbelievable being pregnant. The actress Christine is rocking her scenes, amazing performance.

Have to agree. Lauralee Bell is doing some of her best work ever in this story. I noticed she was listed 5th
    out of all soap actresses in this weeks soap "top thirty performances" countdown. DD was first! Yay & & R!

No way is Christine too old to have a child. She is 44/45 on the show. There are many women who successfully start families late in life. Halle Berry had a child last year at age 46. Eileen Davidson was 44 when she had her son.
    I'm hoping Paul and Chris will still have a child together regardless of the reveal that he fathered Dylan. Not the same parenting connection as raising a child from birth.

#19   2014/06/29 01:40PM
    Galazz

Quote Paggie:
    Quote Cuid1: The fact that a woman is in her late forties doesn't mean she can't have a baby. Her odds are slimmer than a woman in her twenties and thirties. However, there is still the possibility. I think Lauren being in her fifties was a a lot more unbelievable being pregnant. The actress Christine is rocking her scenes, amazing performance.

Have to agree. Lauralee Bell is doing some of her best work ever in this story. I noticed she was listed 5th
    out of all soap actresses in this weeks soap "top thirty performances" countdown. DD was first! Yay & & R!

No way is Christine too old to have a child. She is 44/45 on the show. There are many women who successfully start families late in life. Halle Berry had a child last year at age 46. Eileen Davidson was 44 when she had her son.
    I'm hoping Paul and Chris will still have a child together regardless of the reveal that he fathered Dylan. Not the same parenting connection as raising a child from birth.

I said again, that is almost impossible for a woman to have a baby after the age of 46. If this is not true, then please inform the American Medical Association because this comes directly from them. Some women conceive after 44 WITH very expensive medical intervention. But even then, it's rare. Characters age, that's the bad news about keeping the same characters around for so long.

#20   2014/06/29 02:07PM
    Paggie

Quote Galazz:
    Quote Paggie:

I said again, that is almost impossible for a woman to have a baby after the age of 46. If this is not true, then please inform the American Medical Association because this comes directly from them. Some women conceive after 44 WITH very expensive medical intervention. But even then, it's rare. Characters age, that's the bad news about keeping the same characters around for so long.

Viewers age too! Love our vets! They are the characters I know so well and who have kept me tuned in for so many years. They provide the continuity and the heart of the show. Look at the outpouring of grief when Katharine died - the outrage when John was killed off. Long time characters matter. Soaps have always been about multi generational stories and characters. We need both.

And to be honest I don't look to soap operas for medical authenticity! I appreciate good story with a reasonable suspension of disbelief. AMA facts notwithstanding it's still within the realm of soap opera writing for Christine to conceive if the scribes so wish it. Just as they did with Ashley.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list