List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Wednesday's Thanksgiving show.......

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Wednesday's Thanksgiving show.......

Started by taxman at 2007/11/22 08:17AM
    Latest post: 2007/11/22 09:15AM, Views: 429, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2007/11/22 08:17AM
    Wednesday's Thanksgiving show.......
    taxman

Ok. So Lilly blows Me-Thane Cane off and he agrees to have dinner with Amber. Amber goes out to get wine, Lily calls Me-Thane, and wa-la.........Cane's at dinner with Lily. Next time we see Amber she's crying in her wine? Is Cane that cold-hearted? Do you think the writers said to themselves,
    "Gee, shouldn't we have Cane discussing this with Amber, before leaving to be with Lily?" What, does one of the other writers say, "Nah. They're too stupid to figure it out!"
    This is the biggest complaint I have. I guess it's with the Producer(s), not the writers. There are a LOT of times when it seems there is a scene missing? Anybody else feel that way?

#2   2007/11/22 08:21AM
    Re: Wednesday's Thanksgiving show.......
    Sophche

All the time taxman. Thank god I PVR the episodes - i have to rewind just to see if i've taken an extended pee break and missed something. Apparently the only thing I'm missing is the continuity I was used to back in the 80's and 90's - ah yet again - aging myself.

#3   2007/11/22 08:26AM
    taxman

Zackly. I thought it was me and my advanced age not remembering! It didn't used to be like that, did it?
    Like I said, the storylines come and go, repeat, etc., and I can live with that. But, it just seems so "choppy" nowadays?!

#4   2007/11/22 08:29AM
    Sophche

I get that there are more families involved now and everyone's trying to get a fair shake of camera time. I'm not sure how the writing is done. Are there a certain number of writers for each character/family? or are x amount of writers responsible for several characters at a time? Do they get confused with where they left off and with the flow of the show? I think we should make a class trip to the writers office and "learn" a thing or two.

Happy snowy day

#5   2007/11/22 08:31AM
    Soulsistah

You're both right. That's one of the biggest complaints about the show since the new writers...no continuity and extremely choppy editing It blows.

But seriously, what is Cane doing? I said in another post I always found him a little creepy and conceited. From what's been posted in this thread now, seems he's still playing the "aren't I irresistable" game with Lily and Amber. As much as Amber deserved being dropped by Cane for her lies and deceit (and I still want her to leave for L.A. permanently), why doesn't he just leave her alone then and stop messing with her now? I think that's just cruel.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/22 08:31AM
    #6   2007/11/22 08:33AM
    Sophche

Oh I wanted to thank all the Americans for Thanksgiving by the way - I'll be sure to cross the border this weekend for some shopping! Walden Galleria - HERE I COME!

#7   2007/11/22 08:33AM
    taxman

80 degrees in Clearwater, FL.
    I'm not sure how it's done either, but you'd think someone smarter then me would realize that it doesn't "flow"?
    Would Me Thane boy question the director as to why he blew off Amber for Lily, without discussion. Think they tape something and just left it out/decided not to use it?

#8   2007/11/22 08:37AM
    Sophche

I'm guessing (and of course this is sheer guessing) that a lot gets cut out in editing. I can't believe that choppy writing gets left out by the writers (and by whoever approves the writing).

Oh and btw - it's -2 Celscius in Toronto!

#9   2007/11/22 08:43AM
    taxman

Quote Sophche:Oh and btw - it's -2 Celscius in Toronto!

What's a 50F degree diff among friends?

#10   2007/11/22 09:07AM
    Sophche

not much in the world of Y&R and taxes! Which reminds me - I must ATTEMPT to get through tot he IRS now. Good luck to me, good luck to Phyllis, good luck to the writers, good luck to all you inhaled the Me-Thane.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list