List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I love the show and the writing.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I love the show and the writing.

Started by RitaAugust19 at 2014/06/09 01:45PM
    Latest post: 2014/06/10 05:12PM, Views: 1455, Replies: 36
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2014/06/10 01:05PM
    Re: I love the show and the writing.
    Coonfoot

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty:
    Quote LindsayCariad: What are we smoking on this thread..? And can I have some? lol I remember when I enjoyed the show and it wasn't a total snooze fest . These SLs are bloody awful IMHO

I would not watch anything that bored me to death, much less take the time to Post about it on a Post Board.

LOL!!! Me either Kitty. I like the show better now than the last 6 or 7 years.

#32   2014/06/10 01:31PM
    fighterm

Well, maybe the writing could've been better. But there is nothing else that is worth watching for me, so I watch the two soaps regularly. My concern is that such negative posts will drive tptb to the cancellation of the surviving shows and then it will be a real disaster.

#33   2014/06/10 02:41PM
    go2girl

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty:
    Quote LindsayCariad: What are we smoking on this thread..? And can I have some? lol I remember when I enjoyed the show and it wasn't a total snooze fest . These SLs are bloody awful IMHO

I would not watch anything that bored me to death, much less take the time to Post about it on a Post Board.

Wish some of the others "in here" would pass the toke cause I'm wide awake, watching, and entertained. Guess it's just a pitfall of being in a totally selfish society... Honestly I prefer being happy and not so miserable complaining all the time.

#34   2014/06/10 02:42PM
    bebe2

Quote RitaAugust19: I'm happy with the show and the writing. Compared to some other shows (I won't mention any names) this is by far the best. Other than the fact that MM was fired and I wasn't there, so I really don't know what happened. Great actors, great acting!

I agree with you. Just out of curiosity I checked out a couple of other soaps and there is no comparison . y&r has them beat by a mile. I hope they continue on with this writing team as I believe we've finally found the shoe that fits.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/06/10 02:44PM
    #35   2014/06/10 03:36PM
    YoungBoldLady50

Y&R has always been a premier soap. I've seen changes and something has changed but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is. I don't love it like a use too but I don't hate either, I still enjoy watching my favorite soap. Being a long time viewer I'm vested in some of the characters and want to see what's to become of them. I'm a loyal fan and will continue to watch good or not as good. Right now it's not at its best. I can only hope that things will improve and make it must watch daytime TV as the number one soap.

#36   2014/06/10 04:04PM
    arlenegay

i feel this a very good show. whether it's the writing or not--it is good. however i take offense with those negative poster who seem feel it necessary to claim only the writers coulg possibly see any merit in the worthiness of this show. i have nothing to do w/ the production of this show and i find it outstanding... but then I'm only an eighty four year old retiree. i'm sure one of you clever posters can find something to 'pick apart ' w/ that

#37   2014/06/10 05:12PM
    SimplySoapy

Quote YoungBoldLady50: Y&R has always been a premier soap. I've seen changes and something has changed but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is. I don't love it like a use too but I don't hate either, I still enjoy watching my favorite soap. Being a long time viewer I'm vested in some of the characters and want to see what's to become of them. I'm a loyal fan and will continue to watch good or not as good. Right now it's not at its best. I can only hope that things will improve and make it must watch daytime TV as the number one soap.

I'm with you in saying that Y&R is the best soap out there, and it has changed over the years. One of the things I've noticed is that they spend a whole lot of time talking about what happened a day or so ago...like they are giving us a summary of the s/l so far. I think this slows the s/ down. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the show. ...it would be cool if MM would come back, but he was probably visiting the set with lawyers in tow and not planning to come back.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list