List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Really enjoying Y&R these days

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Really enjoying Y&R these days

Started by LJMOM812 at 2014/06/09 11:37AM
    Latest post: 2014/06/11 10:26AM, Views: 1408, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2014/06/10 03:13PM
    Re: Really enjoying Y&R these days
    go2girl

Quote xseannax: Let's see...MAB gave us:
    The deaths of Brad, Colleen (and giving her heart to Victor), and Diane Jenkins. Dark-haired dark-eyed Eden Riegel as Heather Stevens. Maura West as Diane Jenkins. She brought in Genie Francis & Debbi Morgan two disasters. She paired Sharon and Victor. She made Catherine's long lost child a boy instead of a girl. She replaced Shemar Moore with Darius McCrary (let's let THAT sink in). She destroyed the characters of Sharon and Adam, both of which JFP has had to work to repair. The list could go on and on. I think people forget just how destructive MAB was.

JFP is Shakespeare in comparison. Veterans are getting storylines again. Sure there have been some losses. MS has been on the brink of leaving for years, it was bound to happen. MR was cut to reoccuring because of budget and she went elsewhere where she could have a contract which is why we have an Abby recast. It was only a matter of time before BM left, if he was working elsewhere he would have gotten a better offer that would have taken him away. MM was his own undoing. EH is a real loss, but at this point we may not know her true motivation for leaving. But JFP has also had her hits. Noah (Robert Adamson) is a total doll and a fine actor. Mishael Morgan (Hillary) is another keeper. Ignacio Serricchio (Chavez). Ray Wise (Ian). She brought back fan fave Camryn Grimes. And while some people may not approve Steve Burton is a "get"...a real big name in the soap world.

Amen to that! My favorite remark was this though:
    She replaced Shemar Moore with Darius McCrary (let's let THAT sink in).

#32   2014/06/10 05:10PM
    mil1973

Thank you! So refreshing to read a positive comment for a change! I'm so tired of all the bashing. Then get off and quit watching already. The haters are what is ruining my soap

#33   2014/06/10 05:43PM
    BigSur

Always loved Y&R....Started watching 1978 Loved the show then...love the show now..Peace To all Y&R fans...HAVE A GRATE DAY...

#34   2014/06/10 07:28PM
    ruusky

Y&R is a mess. The show is horrible.

#35   2014/06/10 08:38PM
    ladycam

Those who enjoy the show should keep watching. I read the board but the show bores me too much right now for me to watch.I take a break when am bored. I have very little time to watch TV so am not going to waste time watching something I find boring. So I check the message board for updates and watch base on that.Am not one of the viewers that enjoy all that vintage stuff JFP is doing.Long term viewers probably enjoy the stroll down memory lane. But I'll pass because to me it's boring. So enjoy the show guys

#36   2014/06/11 09:37AM
    go2girl

Quote mil1973: Thank you! So refreshing to read a positive comment for a change! I'm so tired of all the bashing. Then get off and quit watching already. The haters are what is ruining my soap

I've noticed that too...Y&R was ALOT more enjoyable before the MB. Then again, some good info comes from these boards. Too bad complainers are the loudest...

#37   2014/06/11 09:38AM
    go2girl

Quote ruusky: Y&R is a mess. The show is horrible.

Not really...

#38   2014/06/11 10:26AM
    ronsgirl2

I have found that most message boards tend to be a place for people to bash the shows. If you notice it is always the same ones over and over again posting.
    Just sit back and enjoy your show, don't let the negatives out weigh the positives.
    I have chosen to stop reading most of the posts I think those that hate the shows should just stop watching.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list