List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Really enjoying Y&R these days

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Really enjoying Y&R these days

Started by LJMOM812 at 2014/06/09 11:37AM
    Latest post: 2014/06/11 10:26AM, Views: 1533, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/06/10 09:17AM
    Re: Really enjoying Y&R these days
    heysista

JFP seems to think the answer to all of the show's problems can be solved simply by re-casting them! First Billy, now yet another Billy, soon a new Phyllis and perhaps a new Adam..... funny how simply recasting the "role" of executive producer would solve everything and I would not be surprised if the fired actors came back as well once the witch is burned at the stake!

#22   2014/06/10 09:24AM
    xseannax

Let's see...MAB gave us:
    The deaths of Brad, Colleen (and giving her heart to Victor), and Diane Jenkins. She replaced Shemar Moore with Darius McCrary (let's let THAT sink in). Dark-haired dark-eyed Eden Riegel as Heather Stevens. Maura West as Diane Jenkins. She brought in Genie Francis & Debbi Morgan two disasters. She paired Sharon and Victor. She made Catherine's long lost child a boy instead of a girl. She destroyed the characters of Sharon and Adam, both of which JFP has had to work to repair. The list could go on and on. I think people forget just how destructive MAB was.

JFP is Shakespeare in comparison. Veterans are getting storylines again. Sure there have been some losses. MS has been on the brink of leaving for years, it was bound to happen. MR was cut to reoccuring because of budget and she went elsewhere where she could have a contract which is why we have an Abby recast. It was only a matter of time before BM left, if he was working elsewhere he would have gotten a better offer that would have taken him away. MM was his own undoing. EH is a real loss, but at this point we may not know her true motivation for leaving. But JFP has also had her hits. Noah (Robert Adamson) is a total doll and a fine actor. Mishael Morgan (Hillary) is another keeper. Ignacio Serricchio (Chavez). Ray Wise (Ian). She brought back fan fave Camryn Grimes. And while some people may not approve Steve Burton is a "get"...a real big name in the soap world.

#23   2014/06/10 10:36AM
    halfy

The show is boring. That is the worst. There are no interesting stories or characters.. and all of the couples are FF. B O R I N G

#24   2014/06/10 10:47AM
    MoBeth

Quote LJMOM812: I know there are many people that are down on this soap these days, but I have really been enjoying it. Today's (Mon US) was really good! There was great drama with many of the s/ls. I thought the confrontation with Avery and Austin was really good--both the actors did a fantastic job! I am becoming a fan of the actor who plays Austin. Also, I love the Mariah character. Her character is sort of gray and interesting to me. I look forward to her scenes. And I have to say--I have always been and always will be a Christine fan from way back. I love when she is on because she reminds me of the old days of Y&R. I think this is going to be an exciting week for our soap!

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Nice to see good comments instead of the negativity. I'm not a fan of all those characters but very much appreciate you stepping out with positive remarks.

#25   2014/06/10 11:34AM
    Nezy

I think the overall storylines lack, its just how I feel. But I have said many times there are aspects to this show that I love which I credit this regime for. Ian/Victor/Dylan/Paul/Nikki is where its at in totality of absolutely great material. Its the storyline right now where every player, every character's role, the pacing, and the history is aligned perfectly. I think this has the potential to be memorable.

Jack and Kelly are okay. I don't think they have scratched the surface of where they plan to take these characters but I have a feeling it could get very very good if done well. I am interested in seeing how the new phyllis will fit in also, b/c she will be involved whether her and Jack get back together or not. They have too much history, they will always be a part of each others lives.

Nick and Sharon are AMAZING, I don't care what anyone says, they are bringing it back to when love was deep, sultry, drama, and magnetic. However, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place with the paternity storyline. Now Mariah on the other hand has me intrigued. She's been a great addition to their story.

These are the storylines that have me invested. I do think this regime is doing some things right. However, this cast listed doesn't make up the whole show. I watch b/c I am a fan of y&r as a whole, but whats keeping my DVR set or my TV tuned in when I am home are what I listed above more than anything.

Right now the leading story is the Billy/Victoria/Stitch/Chelsea quad, WTD storyline. I don't care about this.

#26   2014/06/10 01:11PM
    LJMOM812

Quote Oldsoapie: I'm loving it, too. Fast moving. Good acting. Watched many soaps in my long life. Don't like it? Don't watch it. Period. Bashing writers/actors is just a textual selfie. Showing off - nothing.

Great post! I agree. I watch Y&R for the escape and drama. I am not a writer, but it seems like if you are writing for a soap opera, you would not write the stories as you would a real life situation. Real life can be dramatic, but usually it is slow paced and boring. So the scene with Paul, Dylan, Avery, and Austin is written with the idea of drama--not realistic police department procedures. I enjoyed the drama the scene brought. If I wanted a realistic depiction of police department protocol and procedures, I would watch a documentary.

#27   2014/06/10 03:06PM
    go2girl

Quote dreamer371: No, not enjoying this show at all. I really miss my soap, been watching from day one and now not very much.

That's why I'm liking Shick...love the old scenes that are spliced in occassionally. Plus the old, old, OLD scene of Nikki & Paul in lockeroom: ....that was refreshing to see.

#28   2014/06/10 03:06PM
    go2girl

Quote frostysmygirl:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I am also enjoying it more than I have in a very long time.. I am not a MAB fan.. never have been.

YES ^^^^ ITA Mab is the one who was destroying long time Characters and their personality's. I am enjoying the show more than i have in years!

AND recognizing characters again!

#29   2014/06/10 03:08PM
    Nezy

Quote go2girl:
    Quote dreamer371: No, not enjoying this show at all. I really miss my soap, been watching from day one and now not very much.

That's why I'm liking Shick...love the old scenes that are spliced in occassionally. Plus the old, old, OLD scene of Nikki & Paul in lockeroom: ....that was refreshing to see.

That old scene between Paul and Nikki was awesome. I never knew how far their history goes back until I saw that scene. It was refreshing to see, and I hope we get more within this storyline.

#30   2014/06/10 03:12PM
    Skyemichelle

Quote Nezy:
    Quote go2girl:

That old scene between Paul and Nikki was awesome. I never knew how far their history goes back until I saw that scene. It was refreshing to see, and I hope we get more within this storyline.
    I bet they show a lot more of those scenes real soon and show just how close they were back then "if" Paul is to turn out to be Dylan's dad.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list