List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Good luck David Tom

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good luck David Tom

Started by PhyllisNewmanFan at 2014/05/26 07:32AM
    Latest post: 2014/06/13 07:47AM, Views: 3724, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/05/26 01:59PM
    Re: Good luck David Tom
    veryopinionated

Any re-cast is different than the previous version of a character. I remember I did not like the new Kelly, but now I think she is more suitable than the old one. It was a smart move to keep Phyllis in coma for a long time. Now fans will love any Phyllis. D. Tom was cast too soon. If Billy Abbot was in a coma for half a year DT would be hugely loved. But he showed up too quickly after BM quit, and he was different than BM. It's like a singer needs to make a song their own. So does an actor.

#12   2014/05/26 02:09PM
    Feliciena

Quote hubbardfan: Yes, DT was thrown under the bus b/c he couldn't be a carbon copy of BM! Come on!! The man has his own personality; why should he have been expected to 'be like' someone else? It's not possible, or even reasonable! I suspect when nuAdam comes, it'll be the same thing...the man will NOT be MM! Will he be given a chance? I miss MM too, but if he doesn't come back, we all know his replacement will have big shoes to fill, but at least let him bring his own shoes!! I feel bad for DT; how insulting and hurtful to be treated this way, especially on a show you started on! These people have no shame in their game!

Can't agree with you more as some ppl were downright mean when it came to him, just because he isn't BM. I wish him better luck in his next job.

#13   2014/05/31 08:22AM
    Taralo

I wish you the best of luck DT. I just read his exit interview. I was amazed at the amount of grace and class you showed in that interview in light of the incredibly shabby way you were treated.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/31 08:23AM
    #14   2014/06/01 06:23AM
    jabulous1

I really don't think its fair because i honestly think you did a fantastic job as Billy Abbott,good luck in your future endeavors David Tom!!

#15   2014/06/01 06:47AM
    deceived

Quote PhyllisNewmanFan: Good Luck David Tom

you did a good job as Billy Abbott good luck in the future what ever you do you are a good man

He was my favorite Billy, irresponsible, spoiled playboy, just like Jack used to be...LOL
    HE gave us his all!!! Loved him!!

#16   2014/06/10 07:11PM
    PhyllisNewma...

I Loved Him as Billy Abbott he was a great actor i am going to miss him as billy

#17   2014/06/10 07:39PM
    YoungBoldLady50

Best wishes David Tom. Wish that TPTB had given more time to portray Billy. Maybe he could go to the B&B and work with his sister Heather
    He could be a long lost Logan. The B&B could use a another leading man with his acting skills. Whatever path you take, good luck David Tom!!

#18   2014/06/11 05:52AM
    Galazz

I also wish him good luck. He really got a raw deal.

#19   2014/06/11 08:13AM
    strangeland

Maybe GH will pick him up. I think they are looking to fill some shoes over there. Since Jason (Dylan) is now on Y&R and AJ (Deacon) is back on B&B it would only seem fair.

#20   2014/06/12 12:48PM
    Galazz

He is a very talented actor. I wish him the best in the future.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list