List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Good luck David Tom

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good luck David Tom

Started by PhyllisNewmanFan at 2014/05/26 07:32AM
    Latest post: 2014/06/13 07:47AM, Views: 3719, Replies: 28
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/05/26 07:32AM
    Good luck David Tom
    PhyllisNewma...

Good Luck David Tom

you did a good job as Billy Abbott good luck in the future what ever you do you are a good man

#2   2014/05/26 07:43AM
    Re: Good luck David Tom
    Layngel

I agree. I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

#3   2014/05/26 08:11AM
    pink kiity

In spite of what everyone has been saying I think David Tom did an awesome job playing billly since you where the first and people needs to get over it about billy miller he is gone and not coming back David Tom was a good actor and did a good job I spite of what everyone has been saying about you and good lucky to you in whatever you do.

#4   2014/05/26 08:51AM
    Taralo

Good luck David. I hope you find a better job!

#5   2014/05/26 10:18AM
    e_pearl

I've missed you so much over the years. They finally gave you back to us only to take you away so soon. I'm really upset and I've cried also. Good luck wherever you go. Love you much.....

#6   2014/05/26 10:22AM
    mimimak

I feel bad for him. He did a good job trying to imitate Billy Miller's style and mannerisms. He was thrust Into a major storyline and not allowed to give his own take on the part. I miss BM so much, but It's not DT's fault he just didn't have the same chemistry with AH's Vikki.

#7   2014/05/26 10:41AM
    countryMomof4

I wish him the best as well. He came into a very intense and emotional s/l so it was going to take a bit of time for him to get his feet wet.

JMHO, but I don't think he was given a proper chance. He was dissed before he even started.

#8   2014/05/26 12:23PM
    hubbardfan

Yes, DT was thrown under the bus b/c he couldn't be a carbon copy of BM! Come on!! The man has his own personality; why should he have been expected to 'be like' someone else? It's not possible, or even reasonable! I suspect when nuAdam comes, it'll be the same thing...the man will NOT be MM! Will he be given a chance? I miss MM too, but if he doesn't come back, we all know his replacement will have big shoes to fill, but at least let him bring his own shoes!! I feel bad for DT; how insulting and hurtful to be treated this way, especially on a show you started on! These people have no shame in their game!

#9   2014/05/26 01:34PM
    veryopinionated

Shame on you, fans. David Tom was excellent as Billy Abbot. You did not give him a chance, you just wanted to get at JFP.

#10   2014/05/26 01:42PM
    Soulsistah

DT is a good actor, but he just didn't fit the version of Billy, as BM played him, that fans became accustomed to seeing with Victoria - who were/are a very popular couple. It's like trying to replace 1/2 of a super couple and then expecting the same chemistry to be there. But that usually doesn't happen with recasts because the chemistry is intrinsically part of each actor's interaction with the other. Replace one of them and the chemistry can, and usually does, shift. No fault of DT's, but he just didn't fit the role - either in a pairing with Victoria, or verbally going up against Victor or Stitch. The disparities were too glaring.

I wish DT well in his future endeavours.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list