List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Josh Morrow's latest Interview in SOD. Spoiler included.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Josh Morrow's latest Interview in SOD. Spoiler included.

Started by lonesky at 2007/11/21 05:10AM
    Latest post: 2007/11/22 03:16PM, Views: 2432, Replies: 44
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2007/11/21 10:12AM
    Re: Josh Morrow's latest Interview in SOD. Spoiler included.
    ILuvNY

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote ILuvNY: I don't think that present day ratings are a true reflection of the percentage of viewers. Many more woman are in the work force today then there were even 15 years ago, and there are many who tape/dvr/watch soapnet because they're working when the show airs. I don't think they have any way to determine who is taping the show(s) and watching it/them at a later time.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Ratings only capture the first time airing audience. (That was awkward!)

I know lots of people who record their favourite soap. Lucky for me, I live on the east coast, but get some west coast channels, so I can watch Y&R at 7:00 pm my time, instead of the actual airing time of 4:00 pm.

It airs in NY at 12:30 p.m. and is on Soapnet at 7:00. I dvr it and watch it when I get home from school, usually 4:00-4:30. I like to dvr it just in case I can't watch Soapnet. I also dvr 30 minutes of Days and ATWT...they're both on at 2:00 p.m., so that's they only way I get to watch any of the shows!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/21 11:38AM
    #12   2007/11/21 11:36AM
    Nosycookie1201

Quote aden85:
    Quote ILuvNY: I don't think that present day ratings are a true reflection of the percentage of viewers. Many more woman are in the work force today then there were even 15 years ago, and there are many who tape/dvr/watch soapnet because they're working when the show airs. I don't think they have any way to determine who is taping the show(s) and watching it/them at a later time.

true! I hardly watch y&r anymore, for several reasons. I try to catch it on soapnet, but I rarely can do that as well. I rely on spoilers as do alot of other ppl.

I haven't been watching because it has been boring me to death. B&B was interesting today. That's what i call whodunnit scene. This JiMin crap is a snooze. Carmen's case drug out so long that became boring too. Phyllis & Nick. Yawn!

#13   2007/11/21 01:33PM
    Evsmom

How are ratings determined, anyway? I'd hate to think that there's someone out there that knows what channel my TV is on at any given time! I thought they did phone surveys or had volunteers to track what they watch or something. I know I've had a few phone calls from Nielsen, I just hang up on them, but they say they are conducting a survey. I'm gonna have to go google it and see if I can find out.

#14   2007/11/21 01:40PM
    Eppy

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

Yes, you are absolutely right. Ratings only capture the first time airing audience. (That was awkward!)

I know lots of people who record their favourite soap. Lucky for me, I live on the east coast, but get some west coast channels, so I can watch Y&R at 7:00 pm my time, instead of the actual airing time of 4:00 pm.

It airs in NY at 12:30 p.m. and is on Soapnet at 7:00. I dvr it and watch it when I get home from school, usually 4:00-4:30. I like to dvr it just in case I can't watch Soapnet. I also dvr 30 minutes of Days and ATWT...they're both on at 2:00 p.m., so that's they only way I get to watch any of the shows!
    ILuvNY have you tried going to the Networks site online and watching from there. I quite often mess up my VCR and will go to CBS.com and you can watch full episodes from there. Don't know what nets your other shows are on, but they probably do the same. I decided if this strikes goes on for awhile, I'll be going to the nets to pick up on nighttime shows I missed during the season. I'm now catching up on Monk eppys I missed.

#15   2007/11/21 01:53PM
    ILuvNY

Quote Eppy:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

ILuvNY have you tried going to the Networks site online and watching from there. I quite often mess up my VCR and will go to CBS.com and you can watch full episodes from there. Don't know what nets your other shows are on, but they probably do the same. I decided if this strikes goes on for awhile, I'll be going to the nets to pick up on nighttime shows I missed during the season. I'm now catching up on Monk eppys I missed.

No, I haven't, Eppy. I've been pretty successful dvring (is that even a word?) the shows, but, that is an option..thanks!

Ratings are determined by a small sample group who voluteer to report what they're watching in a given period of time. It's really a very small segment of the population..I think about 25,000 families!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/21 02:26PM
    #16   2007/11/21 02:14PM
    Evsmom

Here's what I found on Nielsen.com...

They collect information from approximately 25,000 metered households. In addition, they collect and process data from 1.6 million handwritten paper diaries from households across the country during sweep periods.

#17   2007/11/21 03:24PM
    Nosycookie1201

Quote lonesky: Peter Bergman commented on the writers strike. He said the set is very tense. The actor's don't know who will be writing the show.

He also said it is his opinion that if soaps are taken off the air (because of the strike) they are dead.

Actors like Peter Bergman, MTS and EB are older and well established. Their kids are grown, etc. But for the youger actors, espeically those who have young children, this strike must have them scared to death.

Well now i have seen Sharon & Phyllis in some movies. I mean Sharon Case and Michelle Stafford.

#18   2007/11/21 08:20PM
    catc20

Quote lonesky: He talks about how happy Nick is to have his wife at his side during this terrible point in his life. Nick is desperatley worried about is sister and caught in the middle of the fight between his parents.

JM also talks about how amazing it was for Nick to fall in love with Phyllis all over again (after he can back with amnesia).

He said it was so great to have the mother of his child supporting him during this terrible time. I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty much what he said.

I saw the clip of tomorrow's show and Nick is holding a sleeping Summer (to cute) at the hospital. Then all the Newmans, including Summer, go in to see Vicky. Nick adores his little girl.

That's nice but notice Joshua never calls Phyliss the love of his life or his Juliet, no that's Sharon. Phyliss can support all she wants now just like Sharon wtih Jack but at the end of the day as Joshua Morrow said mere weeks ago, if he was a betting man, Nick and Sharon would reunite. She is the love of his life, as he said.

So whatever and I still know without a doubt one day Summer will be Jack's not Nick's. No soap ever leaves it that open without changing it. Every soap is the same and I for one can't wait for the truth to come out.

It will be so satisfying. I really don't want Nick to be the one that lied, since Phyliss has the history of screwing with tests and the computer guru, but they set it up easily for Nick to have lied since no one not even the audience saw the results. Then they'll try to redeem Nick saying he was grieving over Cassie and wanted a daughter so bad yada yada and probably bring back his amnesia so he can't "remember" he lied. LOL Lame, but I see it.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/21 08:23PM
    #19   2007/11/21 08:40PM
    Messalina

Quote lonesky: He talks about how happy Nick is to have his wife at his side during this terrible point in his life. Nick is desperatley worried about is sister and caught in the middle of the fight between his parents.

JM also talks about how amazing it was for Nick to fall in love with Phyllis all over again (after he can back with amnesia).

He said it was so great to have the mother of his child supporting him during this terrible time. I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty much what he said.

I saw the clip of tomorrow's show and Nick is holding a sleeping Summer (to cute) at the hospital. Then all the Newmans, including Summer, go in to see Vicky. Nick adores his little girl.

Yes, you certainly ARE paraphrasing I read the same SOD article that you did, and while Joshua Morrow does say some nice things about Nick's reaction to Phyllis's release, he is NOWHERE NEAR as effusive as you are representing him to be (AND, he says nothing whatsoever about how "amazing it was for Nick to fall in love with Phyllis all over again," despite amnesia, etc., etc., ) Apparently it didn't occur to you, when you posted this stuff, that the rest of us also have access to the same magazines that you do...

Caveat Emptor

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/21 08:42PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list