List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: happy thankgiving y&r fans

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

happy thankgiving y&r fans

Started by romeojuliet at 2007/11/20 07:29PM
    Latest post: 2007/11/22 02:31PM, Views: 1695, Replies: 66
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #51   2007/11/21 01:12PM
    Re: happy thankgiving y&r fans
    BILLBOWSKI

Quote xx_Jenn_xx:
    Quote BILLBOWSKI: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I hope all of my Y&R friends have a great one!! Hi Jenny!!!!! WHat time am i coming over tomorrrow? 1:00? 2:00?

HI Billy! anytime u want

~Happy Thanksgiving to ALL of U!!! I hope every1 has a relaxing & wonderful holiday!~

Well that is nice Jenny!! Well in that case,how about I come spend the tonight!!! hehehehehehehehe

#52   2007/11/21 01:13PM
    Eppy

Quote xx_Jenn_xx:
    Quote Evsmom: I just open the door for the UPS guy and it's a wrap!!! Even with paying shipping it's probably cheaper than driving all over the place with gas as expensive as it is! Safer too! No car wrecks, no purse snatchers, no snow and slush to trudge through, no crazed shoppers grabbing bargains out of your hands! It's a good thing!!!

im glad u brought this up Ev! Let me ask u a question...u feel comfortable shopping online, using credit/debit cards...or do u have an account with these stores? Reason i ask is becuz i was thinking of doing the same thing this year. my time is limited between working & my kidz (plus they are alwayz with me n i dont want them to see what im getting them LOL)....it would make my life so much easier to order online & have it shipped....i was jus afraid of putting my info. online...cuz of hackers. i see that most of the stores have that symbol...'hacker safe', but im still a lil hesitant. i am sure lotz of people order online every single day....so itz probably not a big deal...but i was jus wondering what u thought on this.
    Jenn, I know you asked this of Ev, but I like to pay everything through PayPal although I have no problem giving my credit or debit card numbers when it comes times to check out. The only reason I use PayPal (type in PayPal in you search bar and it will pop up) is that they do all the work for you. They have your number and all you information on file under secure lock and key, then when you check out of your shopping, (almost everyone accepts PayPal) and you just check them and they take care of it for you - then you don't always have to keep entering your cc information or personal stuff. Painless.

#53   2007/11/21 01:13PM
    Evsmom

Quote xx_Jenn_xx:
    Quote Evsmom: I just open the door for the UPS guy and it's a wrap!!! Even with paying shipping it's probably cheaper than driving all over the place with gas as expensive as it is! Safer too! No car wrecks, no purse snatchers, no snow and slush to trudge through, no crazed shoppers grabbing bargains out of your hands! It's a good thing!!!

im glad u brought this up Ev! Let me ask u a question...u feel comfortable shopping online, using credit/debit cards...or do u have an account with these stores? Reason i ask is becuz i was thinking of doing the same thing this year. my time is limited between working & my kidz (plus they are alwayz with me n i dont want them to see what im getting them LOL)....it would make my life so much easier to order online & have it shipped....i was jus afraid of putting my info. online...cuz of hackers. i see that most of the stores have that symbol...'hacker safe', but im still a lil hesitant. i am sure lotz of people order online every single day....so itz probably not a big deal...but i was jus wondering what u thought on this.

Hey Jenn! I've never had a problem with it. I think if you stick to the big names like Sears, Penneys, Wal Mart, Toys R Us, Target, etc. you should be fine.

Now that I've said that, you watch...you'll try it and have a problem! I hope not! It really is a nice way to get it done!

#54   2007/11/21 01:20PM
    calliope

I did the majority of my shopping online last year. I don't mind giving my card # if it is a reputable Co. I would think twice before I bought from someplace I don't know. Like "Moe's Imports" etc. I have bought one online item this year and noticed the shipping seemed more. Could that be because of gas prices?

#55   2007/11/21 01:22PM
    xx_Jenn_xx

Quote Evsmom:
    Quote xx_Jenn_xx:

Hey Jenn! I've never had a problem with it. I think if you stick to the big names like Sears, Penneys, Wal Mart, Toys R Us, Target, etc. you should be fine.

Now that I've said that, you watch...you'll try it and have a problem! I hope not! It really is a nice way to get it done!

OMG...(and im not sounding like Phyllis ) DONT JINX ME!

plus theres better deals n alot more items u can buy online that they dont actually carrying in the store itself.
    for example, they have some items @ Old Navy i wanna get my gurlz that they dont have in stock @ the store...but they have it available online n at a lower price! i did notice u can also use a gift card for purchases..which is a great idea! i will give it a try what the heck

#56   2007/11/21 01:24PM
    Evsmom

*In my best fake Italian accent* Try it...You'll like it!

I've done it online for years and I wouldn't do it any other way now! It's just too dang handy! Don't even have to get out of my jammies and slippers to do it!

#57   2007/11/21 01:31PM
    xx_Jenn_xx

Quote Eppy:
    Quote xx_Jenn_xx:

Jenn, I know you asked this of Ev, but I like to pay everything through PayPal although I have no problem giving my credit or debit card numbers when it comes times to check out. The only reason I use PayPal (type in PayPal in you search bar and it will pop up) is that they do all the work for you. They have your number and all you information on file under secure lock and key, then when you check out of your shopping, (almost everyone accepts PayPal) and you just check them and they take care of it for you - then you don't always have to keep entering your cc information or personal stuff. Painless.

ooooh thank u so much! GREAT IDEA! I will chk into that!

#58   2007/11/21 04:28PM
    romeojuliet

Quote Sunnyflower: Happy American Thanksgiving!

Just a question - why is it a two day affair in the US? It seems like it is a bigger deal than Christmas, yet there are loads and loads of movies about the Christmas spirit and all that but hardly any about Thanksgiving in comparasion?

I really don't understand.
    to our family thankgiving is about being thankful for our lives. that we say thank you to God for my family. it's not about the turkey, the pilgrams wanted to thank God so they had turkey for a feast. i am glad daneil is having thankgiving with amber

#59   2007/11/21 08:53PM
    romeojuliet

Quote Rquattro: I liked how Daniel came to Amber's rescue. That was a tender moment.

Happy US Thanksgiving. I also have a question regarding Thanksgiving in the States. I often hear of people going home for Thanksgiving but not for Christmas. In the States is Thanksgiving more important, equally important or less important than Christmas. Just curious.
    thankgiving in the south was about family comeing together giving thank to God for life , to me to hear it call turkey day is disrepectful i just love life happy thankgiving

#60   2007/11/21 08:54PM
    sutherngirl

Quote Rquattro: I don't think this thread will get closed if we keep it relevant to the Y&R, like earlier we were discussing Daniel and Amber et al...

So, back to my earlier observation, wasn't it nice that Daniel came back to the coffeehouse for Amber? What did y'all think of the scene?

I think that was very nice of Daniel. He didn't want her to be alone. He's a very good friend to her..I like him for doing that..

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list